Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980

+3
Lily M. Evans Potter
James Potter
Regulus Black
7 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980 - Page 4 Empty Re: An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980

Post  Regulus Black Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:42 am

I looked at Lily and Chloe.  I got them both to St. Mungo's and saw that my brother was being put on a stretcher.  I ran up to Remus.  "What's going on?  I can stay with him if you want to go see what was going on with Ember," I said, thinking that this was craziness.  I could not believe that all of this was going on with my brother and his wife.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980 - Page 4 Empty Re: An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:35 am

I saw the healers take off with Ember glad James spoke up, I followed suit as fast as I could manage. I walked into Ember's room. Seeing June, I looked to her, " What is it?"
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

https://eramarauders.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:51 am

I turned to face Lily completely at a loss.  Sirius needed to make this decision, not us.  "C-section to save Ems and risk the baby... risk both of them to try to figure out the cause... or try to get either Ems or Sirius to make the decision," I answered my wife.  I felt tears come to my eyes.  I had no idea what would be best.  "Lily... Ember would want the baby to have it's best chance.  But I cannot lose my sister." I could not even think straight.  If this were Lily, what would I do?  I had no idea.  "What's the best chance for both of them?" I turned to June.

June stopped what she was doing and sighed.  "The c-section would give us the opportunity to help the infant.  And it would get Ember stable.  I need a decision pronto, guys," she said as kindly as she could.  She wanted to get the procedure going... this would not end well for Ember if things stayed the way they were for much longer.  There was a lot of beeping going on and I heard the Healers talking.  "That's the monitor for the fetus," one said to June.  "Somethings not right in there... the heartbeat is lowering and I'm seeing too much blood.  I think they just made the decision for us."  

I turned to Lily, unsure of what was going on.  I took hold of her hand because I was so scared for my sister.  And how would I break the news to Sirius if something happened to either one of them?
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:52 am

I could nto just leave Sirius... but I needed to know what was going on with Ember and the baby for when Sirius woke up.  I found out where they would be taking my friend and looked at Reese.  "Stay with him.  I am going to find out what I can... I will be right back," I said, figuring that way I could easily go back and forth between the two situations.  I double checked with a healer to get exactly what was going on with Sirius so I could let James and Lily know, too.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:55 am

" James they have to save them both. C-section will do that, save ember and get him out." I said stiffly. Knowing James wouldn't be able to make this decision in the required time as I was speaking Em was filling with blood, " Get him out now." I said with a nod.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:00 am

June nodded and gently ushered us out of the room.  I wanted to stay, but understood why we would not be able to.  I looked at Lily.  I rubbed the back of my neck.  "Ems will be okay?  I don't know what I'd do... I don't think I could tell Sirius if... Lily, Sirius wouldn't be able to handle it."  I knew I would not be able to handle it...
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:15 am

I hugged him, " She's in the best hands I know." I said to reassure him. " I trust June with everything in me." I said rubbing his back. " She can do it...and Ems will do it." I told him confidently. This is horrible, but I know June is the best bet we have.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:18 am

I came up and saw the looks on James and Lily's faces.  "What's going on with Ember?" I asked them.  "Sirius will be alright... he just overexerted himself plus all this stress... they don't know all the details, but that's the preliminary look on it."  I answered their unasked question.  There was no reason for us all to be freaking out.  We just needed to take deep breaths and calm down.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:21 am

I nodded and had to trust Lily on this.  I heard footsteps and Moony walked up.  I was relieved a little when Remus gave us the preliminary status on my best mate.  I was not sure if I could explain what was going on with Ems again.  I would let Lily do that.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:05 am

I nodded to Remus and went on explaining, " The baby is coming now...and there is slight complications and June is on the case. They have to do a c-section to save Ember and make sure they can get the baby out without harming him to much. He is three months premature." I said to the pair again. " June is the best hands here...she's in good hands."
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:11 am

Well, that was better than what I was expecting.  I knew there could be complications, but at least it was not an entirely life or death situation... that I knew of.  I nodded at the two of them.  "I'm gonna run back to where they have Sirius and see if anyone has any more information on him.  Reese and Chloe are with him at the moment.  I just wanted to get details on Ems so I could tell Sirius when he wakes up," I said, thining how horrible it was that Sirius was going to miss the birth of his first child... and the fact that it was premature and complicated.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:32 am

" Okay, when we get an update we'll let you know!" I said loudly as he went off down the hallway. Looking back to the room, " I'm going to find something out." I told James as I peered in to the nearest healer to have them come and talk to us to let us know how June is doing. " What's happening?"
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:50 am

I nodded, glad that some of us were keeping our heads in this situation.  I stayed close to Lily so she would not have to repeat what the healer told her.  "It won't be much longer.  June saved both of them... for now.  The baby is now in an oxygenated bassonette," he explained.  "June is just getting the mother situated the best she can.  They're both going to be under strict intensive care for teh time being."  I was so relieved to hear that they were okay for now.  I could not help but hug my wife.  "They'll be okay," I breathed.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:55 am

I was so relieved, so thankful I knew that June could do it. I put my hand on my stomach and one on my head and then looked to James and gave him a hug. " phew!" I said as I couldn't stop grinning, " Thank merlin!" Realizing Sirius was still out of it. " He's going to try to sneak out you know.."
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:05 pm

I returned to the room where Reese, Chloe, and Sirius were.  I walked in and sighed.  "They're doing a c-section... how's Sirius?" I asked, looking at him.  I did not realize how bad he looked until now.  This was horrible.  I had no idea how we were going to be able to keep going back and forth like this.  I hoped that Ember was going to be okay at the other end of hte hospital.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next