Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980

+3
Lily M. Evans Potter
James Potter
Regulus Black
7 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980 Empty An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980

Post  Regulus Black Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:51 am

I was to meet James Potter about some things dealing with the Order.  I hoped that I may be able to get information on Sirius, too.  This was so weird.  I had polyjuice potion so I looked nothing like myself.  I had blonde hair and blue eyes... and I was so glad that I had the same hair for my potions so that way I did not have to constantly change my appearance when the Order saw me.  I was at our meeting place with everything I told them I would have.  I saw Potter walking up and smiled at him.  It was so nice to see someone from England who was so close to my brother.  But this was about business, not socializing.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980 Empty Re: An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980

Post  James Potter Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:55 am

I saw the man Dumbledore spoke highly of from the United States.  I walked up and introduced myself.  When we made the basic exchange, I was surprised that he had an English accent.  It caught me off guard.  "So.. Dumbledore told me to give you this packet of intel," I said, pulling out the file.  I let him peruse it a little bit before asking, "Is everythign understandable?"  I just realy felt bad because he travelled all the way here when there was nothing else to really be gone over.  But we could not risk sending it any other way.  It was too sensitive.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980 Empty Re: An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980

Post  Regulus Black Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:04 am

I flipped through and read through some of the file.  "Yeah, this is great," I answered, nodding my head.  I wondered if there would be any chance I could ask about Sirius or anything along those lines.  But it was nice to meet James under a less cocky setting.  Now I could understand why Sirius liked him.  "It was great to meet you, Mr. Potter," I said respectfully, not sure if he would want me to call him James or not.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:09 am

I shook the hand he offered and said, "Just call me James.  And I'll walk you out."  I figured it was the least I could do with how much he travelled.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:12 am

I grinned and was glad he was so kind.  This was who Sirius called his brother rather than myself... I just never realized how nice he was before because of all the rivalry at school and how much I was not aware of others at that particular time of my life either.  James seemed to be pretty decent and a great asset to the Order here in England.  "Thanks James... and just call me Reese as well.  I normally don't do the whole formal thing," I said shaking my head.  The only people I was formal with was Dumbledore and when I had to.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:13 am

I nodded, agreeing with Reese.  I opened the door for him and asked, "How long are you in town?  My wife and I think it really sucks that you traveled all this way for just this.  Was there any other reason you volunteered coming to England?"  I really hoped I was not being rude, we were just curious.  Besides, Lily thought it would be nice to have REese over for dinner.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:16 am

I shrugged and thanked him for opening the door.  "I'm probably going to leave in a couple of days.  I have no reason to stay to be honest.  I took this chance because I wanted to meet some of you whenever I get the opportunity," I told him, surprised by how sincere I sounded.  It was as if I had no idea who any of these people were though I obviously knew them.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:19 am

That was great news to hear that he wanted to meet people from teh Order.  I smiled at Reese.  "Would you like to come over for dinner?  Lily - my wife - would love it.  Of course, some of the women are pregnant so hormones may be crazy... just don't tell them I said that," I added, chuckling.  I really hoped he would say yes.  I knew all o fus guys wanted a face to the name that Dumbledore talked so highly about.  The women just felt bad that he traveled for something small like he did.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:20 am

I was genuinely surprised at the dinner invitation.  "I really would appreciate that," I said, glad that he was being so open.  I really wanted to see Sirius, but I had no idea if my brother would be there.  It was not my place to request any guest lists.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:22 am

"Great," I said happily.  I looked at my watch.  "It's kind of early... you're more than welcome to come to my place if you don't have anywhere else to go.  I do have to warn you that there will be two other copules that are in the Order as well."  I really hoped it would not be a problem.  He seemed to be a nice guy and I knew everyone wanted to meet the great Reese Williams from the States.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:23 am

"Oh, I wouldn't want to impose before supper," I said, unsre how that would go over.  I mean... I barely knew these people and would I be able to keep my story straight that long.  I had plenty of polyjuice potion, but there were some perosnality traits of my own that I was sure that if anyone who knew REgulus may be able to recognize.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:27 am

I shook my head.  "Nah, come on," I said to him, ushering him to follow me.  He was probably just nervous being in a somewhat new environment.  We finally got to Potter Manor by Apparition.  I offered Reese a beer and grabbed myself one as well.  I stayed working in the kitchen letting Lily take a little nap since she was already sleeping.  "Sorry we have to be a little quiet for Lily,"I said, feeling a little bad for having to act like kids in a time out or something.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:27 am

I shook my head.  "Not to worry," I assured James.  "Let me help with something," I requested.  I did not want them to make everything.  James looked glad to have some help.  I started to chop up the vegetables he slid over to me on the cutting board.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:29 am

I started to season the chicken Lily had pulled out to thaw.  "So... either you've practiced your accent really well or you lived in England at one point.  What story are you going with?" I asked with a smile.  We had to make some converstaion while we waited for everyone.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:30 am

And that was one behavior-type thing I could never hide.  I laughed and sohok my head.  "I lived in Europe as a child and its never left e," I said.  I really hoped things would not be a lot of questoins about my past.  I decided to change the topic on my own.  "So who all are coming for supper?  Perhaps I've communicated with them?" I asked.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next