Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980

+3
Lily M. Evans Potter
James Potter
Regulus Black
7 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980 - Page 3 Empty Re: An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:12 pm

" we tend to be careful here as well...now you have to be careful I don't want to have to see anyone on my other job." I warned them all. That included myself, I did not want to see any of them at the hospital. I nodded agreeing with ember," it's always good to know what your doing but I agree dont sell yourself short. We do what needs to be done.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

https://eramarauders.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980 - Page 3 Empty Re: An open book is a new adventure -- 4 January 1980

Post  Ember Potter Black Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:24 pm

"Lily's a Healer," I added, seeing Reese's unasked question.  I was getting really uncomfortable and had to stand up to move around a little bit.  My back was killing me all day and I was just extremely restless.  I felt for sure that I was getting on Sirius's nerves; I had not been able to sit still longer than probably ten minutes at a time it seemed -- unless I ended up falling asleep.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:33 pm

I felt bad I was exhausted it's my job to protect them and I was catching up on my zz's. I know I had not gotten proper sleep since it happened and I laughed a bit at Reese's expression after lilys warning. " she has a heart of gold really." I grinned. Feeling my eyes close a bit I kept them that way for a bit just to give my eyes some rest. I was sitting in the chair and I felt myself sort of drift off. This would be a time that I knew I could sleep. I wasn't the only one there. So I could let myself sleep.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:40 pm

I laughed and shook my head.  "At least you'd be able to help in the field in case anything were to happen... heaven forbid if it does," I said, thinking how great that must be.  I smiled a little bit when I saw Sirius starting to doze in his chair.  I knew I was definitely missing something here.  I watched as Ember walked into the other room and also saw that James was watching her like a hawk.  I looked at the other two ladies.  "So when are you due?" I asked them, understanding how everyone always thought that pregnant women had this glow about them.  They were definitely true; all three of them looked gorgeous even though I was sure they would argue.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:49 pm

I had gone into the bathroom to see if splashing some water on my face would at least help me focus on the conversation in the room rather than being fidgety.  I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked exhausted.  I took a deep breath and walked into the hallway when I got a surprisingly sharp pain in my abdomen.  It nearly made me fall by it's suddenness.  I took a sharp breath in due to the pain and closed my eyes as I rested a hand on my stomach and the other hand on an end table in the hall to keep balance.  I focused on keeping my breaths even before even trying to figure out what that just was.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:55 pm

I had briefly squinted my eyes when I had thought I heard something. With being on edge that would do it I guess. I looked around and noticed Ember had gone. I met eyes with Prongs as I stood up and gave him a questioning look.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:24 am

"She went to the bathroom," I told him.  He need not worry... I do not believe.  I heard a little something in the hallway and set my glass down.  "Ems?" I called out and was relieved when she appeared in the entrance way of the living room.  She looked a little pale and she was standing near to Reese, who I was grateful was having a seemingly close eye on her as well.  She did not look good.  Perhaps she should get checked out... she was six months pregnant and had been through a lot -- the little baby had been through a lot.  I know I was worried that something might be wrong with the baby inside of her, but the Healers and stuff seemed to think everything was normal.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:34 am

I saw the expressions on everyone's faces.  I was going to say something to just Lily about what happened so that way if it was nothing, then we would nto have to worry the boys.  Sirius was already extremely stressed out.  I tried to smile to the room so reassure them I was fine when I felt the same pain in my abdomen.  Except this time it was ten times worse... and this time I was not able to stay standing.  I felt arms catch me and then blackness encased me.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:44 am

I had turned my gaze to the woman who was in the doorway near me.  I saw she looked horrible, she had been looking worse and worse as the night went on.  She grabbed her stomach and practically collapsed and she looked like she lost consciousness.  I was grateful that I was standing right there so I was able to catch her.  This was not good at all.  With catching her, I gently got down so I was kneeling with her head in my lap.  I brushed the hair from her face and realized that she was damp with sweat.  "Lily..." I said, knowing we had to get her to St. Mungo's.  At least, I thought that was the right choice.  I just did not know if she were able to do so.

<< OK, so apparently instead of a 'normal' labor, Dean wants things to be complicated.  I think that it should be like a life/death decision with Dean.  Either they do a c-section to save Ember with the risk of losing Dean with him being so premature.  Or they are to try to keep him full term, but risk the health of Ember.  Obviously we know nothing will happen to either one... but I think they should choose the c-section b/c he should be a premature kid Razz >>
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:34 am

I dropped everything as I was pregnant and unable to move faster than I normally would have. " Reese...put her on the table. " I said quickly as I managed to get over to her. " She needs to stay stable and we need to get her to St. Mungo's fast." I told the group. " She's sweating...she's been hiding some pain. It looks like your little one wants out now." I told Sirius who looked like he was going through hell. He needs to sleep or he is going to get really ill fast. " James honey....we need to get her to June." I told him. Knowing June would be able to help faster than most of the healers.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

https://eramarauders.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:50 am

For a moment, I was frozen.  I was grateful that Reese and Lily were quick to respond.  When Lily addressed me, I nodded.  I looked at the rest of them.  "Moony, take care of Padfoot.  I'm taking Ems to June.  I will come back for the rest of you... well, you guys know where to go.  Reese, make sure Lily doesn't over exert herself, please,"I added with a quick smile to him the best I could.  I grabbed Ember and I got her to St. Mungo's and took a deep breath so I could bellow over the noise.  "I need June!  STat!" I yelled, always wanting to be all urgent like that.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:03 am

I nodded at James and looked at Sirius when he left.  I put a hand on his shoulder.  "I will take you to St. Mungo's... you are extremely tired and look like hell.  I don't trust that you can handle getting yourself there," I said as kindly as I could.  And so I took Sirius and when we arrived at the hospital, they were already getting Ember to where she needed to be.  "Follow her as long as they'll let you," I told him.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:24 am

I jumped when Moony put his hand on my shoulder. I had been feeling like I was working on overdrive. I had to stay alert to protect her because she was not getting taken away from me again. I was going to make sure of it. When she fell it was as if the world stopped moving. Moony and I took the fast track to St. Mungo's. I nodded to him as I followed the stretcher that carried Ember and our child. I felt really warm as I collapsed on the floor unable to pick myself up.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:33 am

I swore under my breath and nodded at James.  "Go with Ember.  Someone needs to be able to be with her an dthem as long as you're allowed," I said, taking charge.  And I would stay with Sirius now.  There was no way I was going to leave Sirius without someone there to help make sure that he was okay.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:37 am

I was glad that Remus was taking care of Sirius.  I jogged to catch up to the Healers and Ember, hoping that they would at least let me stay with her until they knew what was goign to have to be done.  They were hooking her up to monitors; one set for Ember, one set for the baby.  I was not entirely sure what was goign on and hoped that Reese would get Lily here so she could decipher some of this healer lingo that was being said.  I was so confused right now until one looked at me and said, "There are a couple of options.  One, we do a c-section and save Ember and risk the baby since he would be three months premature.  Two, try to get them stable enough for her to make the decision.  Three, get them stable and try to see what's causing the problem, but that risks both of them.  I know you're not hte father... but we're going to need a decision pretty much yesterday."  She went back to work on Ember and the baby.  I ran a hand through my hair.  I looked around.  What was going to happen?
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next