Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know we haven't had these talks...TBD

+2
James Potter
Harry J. Potter
6 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

I know we haven't had these talks...TBD - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we haven't had these talks...TBD

Post  James Potter Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Oh how I wanted to tell him that she sounded like his mother, but I decided against it.  I would behave myself.  "She sounds lovely, Harry," I said honestly.  "And how far have you gone with this young lady?" I was curious... there were things that I wanted to ask my son, but thought that I probably should not.  I was curious if he was still a virgin... but that was something I was definitely not going to flat out ask him.  The only reason my dad found out about me was because Ember was a nosey little brat at the time and found out and told him.  Of course my old man thought it was quite entertaining that his son became a man so... no wonder I was a bit of a player.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

I know we haven't had these talks...TBD - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we haven't had these talks...TBD

Post  Harry J. Potter Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:16 am

" Er....well every time we....try to...one of her family members some how gets a sense or something and comes in. To which we have to pretend we were talking or something. Her brother George saw us kiss and it pretty much made us both run the opposite directions." I explained. I needed help to actually be able to er get down to business I guess.
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:37 am

I could not help but smirk slightly at that thought.  I stroked my chin slightly.  "Sounds like you just need to bring her over here," I said simply, smiling at Harry.  "You could easily set the mood... light some candles, have a light supper -- you don't want anything too heavy -- have yourself some wine..." I mused, wanting to help my son out as much as possible.  He was old enough to be doing things like this.  I was much younger when I started fooling around -- a lot of it was just snogging in the beginning, but still.  I had to give my wealth of knowledge on the subject and pass it down to my son.  I missed out on years of influence... I had to give it all to him now.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry J. Potter Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:51 am

I raised my eyebrows at my dad, " Er...you'll make sure mum and Ly are out of the picture?" I asked him, not like I wanted my little sister to see us. " We could get the house to ourselves?" I asked him almost excitedly. It was unreal to me to have this ability to ask my dad for the house. " Just as long as we get the house I think that'd be awesome dad." I said as I grinned. I missed having this opportunity.
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:07 am

I grinned.  "Of course.  I'll take care of my ladies... you'll have the whole house," I assured him.  "I could probably provide an hour -- two tops -- of completely uninterrupted time.  Beyond that your mother will get awfully curious as to why I would be keeping her and such a young child away from the house."  I knew that with Lyla being as young as she was, Lily would not enjoy keeping her away from the house for that long due to our daughter most likely getting fussy or something.  I was quite glad to be able to help my son.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry J. Potter Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:57 am

Grinned to my dad, " Thanks dad." I said as I almost tripped over the ottoman, " I'll have Ginny come by before then maybe?" I asked him. I figured he would at least want to know who she was before he was covering for us with mum. " I'll ask her to come by for dinner?"
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:22 am

I smiled at him.  "That sounds lovely," I said, trying to contain my chuckle when my son stumbled.  "Should I whip up some of my famous cooking?" I inquired.  I would love to meet my son's girlfriend.  I would have covered for him without seeing her, but I enjoyed putting a name to a face.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry J. Potter Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 am

" that would be awesome, thanks dad." I said as I left him to quickly jot a note to Ginny asking her if she wants to come for dinner. I figured she would say yes, other than being nervous about meeting mum. Not so much nerves about Dad. I waited for Hedwig and it seemed she got back rather quick with a response that said I'd love too. Smiling I went downstairs to let dad know. " she'll be here in half hour." I told him.

Should I get cleaned up and clean up the house a bit. Mind you it really isn't all that bad. Just my room is. It had maps and other such things all over it. " I'll go get cleaned up a bit. Then I'll come back to lend a hand."
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:22 am

I was actually surprised someone wanted me to cook instead of Lily. The pressure was on. I smiled at Harry when he came back down. "That sounds great," I said, getting things around. I was actually a pretty decent cook when I put my mind to it. I was going to make some pasta with all the fixings. I would add my own touch to the sauce, though I would have preferred making it from scratch, but a half hour I did not trust myself to rush the process. It was iffy at best anyways. I threw some chicken in the oven that was covered with Parmesan cheese and stirred in some extra ingredients into the sauce for the noodles.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:28 am

I had just put Lyla down for a nap, closing the door behind me as Harry rushed past me muttering a quick apology. Smiling, " I wonder.." I said quietly as I walked away from Lyla's room down into the kitchen. " What's up with Harry?"
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

https://eramarauders.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:00 am

"We're having Ginny over... it was sort of impromptu," I explained, draining the pasta.  I moved over next to my wife and I gave her a kiss.  "We get to finally meet this girl he's been going on about."  I loved this part of parenting.  We had missed it being trapped away by Pettigrew.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:02 am

Smiling, " That sounds wonderful!" I looked around the kitchen, " Would you like help hun?" I asked him,I felt almost useless. I had wondered about Ginny, she is Molly's youngest. It would be nice to finally meet her.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:24 am

"If you'd like," I said, shrugging.  I had it all under control, but I knew that Lily enjoyed getting things prepared for stuff like this.  And I had a feeling no one trusted my cooking.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:18 am

I smiled at him. " its about time we get yo meet Ginny. He talks so much about her. " I paused while I took the plates out of the cupboard and brought them over to the table. " so what's she like?"
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:28 am

I smiled and tasted the sauce before adding it to the pasta.  I looked at Lily.  "He said she's always there for him, has a wicked temper, loves Quidditch... and he's completely smitten," I explained.  "He talks about her like I still talk about you.  He gets that look in his eye... I recognize it because it's what I saw in Moony and Padfoot, too.  Whether or not he knows it, I think Ginny may end up being his one and only."  I did not want Harry to hear me say that, but I was right about this one.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next