Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know we haven't had these talks...TBD

+2
James Potter
Harry J. Potter
6 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

I know we haven't had these talks...TBD Empty I know we haven't had these talks...TBD

Post  Harry J. Potter Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:22 am

I had been dating Ginny for a while and well, we both have wanted to well, get busy as it were the term. I had been to nervous because she's at her house with the multiple brothers. It nearly gave me a heart attack when Bill walked into her room and I was hiding behind the door. I am thankful she knew how to get him out quickly.
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

I know we haven't had these talks...TBD Empty Re: I know we haven't had these talks...TBD

Post  James Potter Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:35 am

It was still such a foreign feeling to have... all of us under the same roof being a family.  I had been alone for so long, I was not sure if I would be able to adjust back to the way it had been.  But we all seemed to be doing just fine.  I was so proud of the man that my little one year old grew into.  I walked into the living room with the Prophet in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.  I saw that Harry seemed to have an odd look on his face.  A look I remembered having all too well.  I grinned as I sat down. "Harry, it looks like there's something on your mind," I said, having a feeling that I knew what it could be.  I had a lot of practice with having women on my mind back in the day.  "You wanna talk about it?" I asked, looking at him over the cup that I had brought to my lips.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

I know we haven't had these talks...TBD Empty Re: I know we haven't had these talks...TBD

Post  Harry J. Potter Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:42 am

How did he know, smiling to my dad. " Was it that obvious?" I asked him. I seemed to be an open book. " Well, she's on the quidditch team. She was cheering me on when I was apart of the Cup...I just become a blabbering idiot around her. " I said as I sighed. Just thinking about her. " She has six brothers..."
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:06 am

I laughed and motioned for Harry to sit next to me.  "I only know the look because I saw it often when I had looked in the mirror when I was your age," I informed him.  I doubted if Lily would have realized there was something on Harry's mind.  Well, she probably would have noticed just not realized it was about a female.  I nodded and grinned when he added the thing about having a lot of brothers.  "Now... us Potters don't become blabbering idiots around girls... we become show offs," I teased, knowing how much a fool I had to look to Lily now that I think back on it.  I shook my head slightly.  "I know how i was with your aunt and uncle and there was just one of me... though I'm sure Uncle Sirius would think that there were multiple of me," I said, understanding completely.  I was glad that I did not have to deal with that with Lily.  It would have made it quite difficult.  "So... are you officially dating or have you guys been just dancing around the idea?" I questioned, stroking my chin slightly, thinking of ways to help my son.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry J. Potter Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:44 am

I shook my head at my dad. " We're officially dating... at least that's what I'm told...." I explained. " After the Goblet of fire...and the death of Cedric it was difficult..." I told him. It was hard for me to well, let anyone in. " It was hard to let anyone in..." I said, " She waited the whole time. I have a fan club that I didn't know about at all. " I smiled up to my dad. " Gin tells me to not let it get to my ego."
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:01 am

I laughed.  "Fan clubs are fantastic... it sounds like you are following well in my footsteps in that aspect," I said, trying to keep the mood light.  I ran a hand through my hair.  My son had been through too much already in his young life.  I felt the familiar fire of hatred towards Peter having kept me from him.  I could have protected Harry all those years... I took a deep breath and took another sip of tea.  "Harry... if you'd rather talk about something more deep than getting alone time with your girlfriend, you know I'm here.  I know that I wasn't around for anything your entire life... and I may not be the father you expected to find, but there is one thing I know.  I know pain; I understand pain.  And if you're anything like your ol' man, you haven't talked about any of what has happened to you that much to anyone," I said quietly.  I did have ideas on how to help him seal the deal with his girlfriend which I would be more than willing to aid him with.  If it was one thing that I would not let happen was for Lily to find out that he was doing any of this.  At least Harry did not have a sister who would catch him his first time and blackmail him with it.  I shuddered, remembering that summer in the treehouse and my sister...
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry J. Potter Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:12 am

" Remus told me about your fan clubs," I said with a slight grin. " It makes it weird when I walk by and they all want my attention. It's strange.." I said I am really not used to this at all. " You know I'm not used to having attention on me. It's still new.." I nodded, " I understand...it's more to the point of me not wanting to really think about how many people I have had to lose..." I said. " We had our meeting with Peter when Sirius knew he was there and came to kill me instead of peter. It ended up being the other way around. Peter had been staying with the Weasley's as Ron's rat..."
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:18 am

I felt the darkness and hatred that I had tried so hard to leave behind in the prison that Peter held me in creep up to the surface.  "I knew that he was up to something... he never flat out told me while I was down there.  He just hinted that 'big things' were going to happen.  I knew that he was living somewhere... living his vile life out as the rat he was," I muttered, not really liking the edge on my voice.  I took a deep breath and looked at my son.  "And Ron is one of the six brothers of your girlfriend, am I correct?" I asked, knowing that I was right.  "Get used to the attention; whether you want to admit it or not, you are special Harry.  But you won't have to do anything alone.  Not anymore."  I knew that the others tried their best to have Harry feel like he was not alone... but it was not the same as to having your own parents around.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry J. Potter Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:32 am

" Him and his friends were very keen on making my life hell.." I explained to him. " I dealt with dragons, mermaids...Voldemort..." I listed off a few it almost made me laugh at the reaction I was getting. " As much as it was me being thrown into the fire. I didn't do half bad most of the time. " You're true..I don't think I am anything special at all." I said to him as I didn't think I was important to anyone. I went to your graves...Remus has helped me with dementors...had to deal with umbridge...that's were I got this..." I showed him my hands with I must not tell lies enscribed in my hand. Laughing, " Yeah, Ron is one of Ginny's brothers.
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:43 am

I did not like what I was hearing.  but Harry was clearly able to take care of himself.  He had his mother's strong will.  The fact that he remained in th elight rather than the dark told me he took after his mother a lot more than he took after me.  "Then maybe I should just retire... doesn't sound liek you need me at all," I said, flashing him a tense smile.  I hated the fact that my son really did not need me.  I hoped that there were still areas that I would be able to help him wtih.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry J. Potter Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:44 am

I raised my eyebrows at him. " Are you kidding? I have never needed you more..." I said to him. Giving him a smile, not having them around was the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. " not having you here has been the toughest years I have had to deal with. "
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:09 am

"Good, just checking," I said, giving my son a true smile.  Not being there for him... not knowing he was even alive... I was not sure how I made it all those years.  I still believe that there was something in my gut telling me that him and Lily were both out there somewhere.  And, obviously, they were.  "I'd hate not to have the chance to horrify you -- I mean, help you in life."  I had always wanted to horrify my children with stories of me and their mother.  I was just a little mean, what can I say?
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry J. Potter Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:42 am

I laughed with my dad, glad we were having this talk. " I am sure I can horrify you some.." I said with a grin to him. I had some interesting stories for him if he wanted. Of course I knew once that can is open I knew dad would tell me EVERYTHING about him and mum.
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:54 pm

I grinned at my son.  "Well... you were going to start telling me about this girl.  So why don't we start with that.  It takes a lot to horrify your ol' man," I informed Harry.  It seemed like Harry was hinting at the fact that he hardly got any alone time with her... meaning they probably have not had a lot of -- er -- moments.  I could easily help with that.  I mean, making sure they got alone time.  I will not give my son advice on sex moves.  But I could help him get the time that he needed... I was a horrible father influencing my son to try to get some.  I had a feeling tat one day this would probably come back to haunt me.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry J. Potter Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:13 pm

I ran a hand through my hair," dad she's amazing, she's always there for me she has a wicked temper. She loves quidditch and she's just always there for me...she's got this beautiful red hair and green eyes..." I felt like I was yammering.
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next