Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm sorry I couldn't get to you -- December 2018

+26
Nymphadora Tonks
Maggie O'Donoghue
Jacob Weasley
Joshua Weasley
Alysha Lupin
Molly Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley
Hermione J. G. Weasley
Fred Weasley
Elena S. T. Black Weasley
Leopold Greyback
Percy Weasley
Penelope Clearwater
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Ayden Greyback
George Weasley
Ron Weasley
Bill Weasley
Seth Weasley
Rory Pettigrew
Constantine Black
Nolan Greyback
Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Charlie Weasley
Sebastian Riddle
30 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

I'm sorry I couldn't get to you -- December 2018 - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm sorry I couldn't get to you -- December 2018

Post  Constantine Black Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:12 pm

I awoke with a start.  "No!" i shouted when Quinn had done so, scrambling as much as I could.  I had to tell Uncle Remus... but he was gone.  It had not been that long since he passed... the thought still gripped my heart.  I always went to him with my visions.  They needed help.  I heard voices stirring around me, I had woken up the entire dorm.  "The Weasleys... I need to find one of the professors!," I said, thinking of Seth or Lauryn's mum.  I felt a hand on my shoulder -- it had to be Rory.
Constantine Black
Constantine Black

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry I couldn't get to you -- December 2018 - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm sorry I couldn't get to you -- December 2018

Post  Rory Pettigrew Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:14 pm

I must have umped a foot into the air when Stan yelled.  I knew that look -- he had a vision... and I could tell it was one of his 'happening now' visions rather than the future ones.  I did not even bother finding slippers or grabbing my dressing gown; putting a hand on his shoulder, I steered him out of the Slytherin dorm and common room to find one of the Weasleys... or any of hte other professors.  I realized as we went above dungeon level, that i twas not even dawn yet.  Where would we find them?  I rushed with Stan to the staff room... best palce to start, right?  I was almost hoping Peeves would see us to make a ruckus.
Rory Pettigrew
Rory Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:16 pm

I was on duty tonight to make sure that there were no misbehaving students, though it was a Saturday morning iwth no Quidditch and a week to go before they left for the Christmas holiday... I suspected that most students were still sleeping.  I rounded a corner with a cup of joe in my hand -- something that Uncle Charlie got me hooked on -- and nearly bumped into two students.  "Rory, Stan," I said, surprised.  "What are we doing out of bed?  It's still rather early to be headed for breakfast..." This was unlike Constantine.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Constantine Black Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:18 pm

I was so grateful that we ran into Mr. Weasley.  I felt more comfortable speaking to men about my visions and he was Charlie and Des's nephew.  I took a deep breath and readied myself to handle his reaction.  I would give him the shortened verson even though I knew that there was no hope for the Weasleys... only for Quinn, but she appeared safe.

"There's been an attack -- I saw it.  The Dark Star went there... to Quinn's parents -- Charlie and Desdemona's.  I-It's bad," I said, my voice shaking as I spoke.  "You need to get someone there to help them... but -- if what I saw is true, and it always is -- there's not much hope..." I trailed off, not sure what Mr. Weasley would do.
Constantine Black
Constantine Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:19 pm

I staggered backwards against the stone wall of the corridor.  Regaining control of myself, I ushered the two boys into the staff room.  I waved my wand and sent my patronus to my father.  We lived so close... he could check on them.  I looked at Stan and Rory.  "Tell me everything," I managed to say.  The only reason we professors knew about the Seer in Constantine Black was in case he had a vision during lessons.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Constantine Black Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:23 pm

I figured that Mr. Weasley had done something to get help to Charlie and Des even if there was no hope.  This was the worst part of my visions.  I was shaking and I missed Uncle Remus so much... he always could calm me down.

"This was one of my present moment visions... rather than a premonition -- future visions," I explained.  "I was like a ghost - a shadow - following the Dark Star.  He had followers with him... they got Charlie and Des together in the living room."  I had to blink back tears that I felt in my eyes as I was Seeing the scene all over again in my mind's eye.  Being blind, this was far easier than people who had their sight.  "H-He tortured Charlie... he was bound by invisible ropes while Greyback made Des watch."  I stopped, unsure if I could continue, but I had to.  Mr. Weasley deserved to know.  "The Dark STar gave them a choice -- Quinn or them.  Of course they saved their daughter."  How would Quinn feel?  She had been there, but not seen until the end... I had heard her, though, screaming for them...

I plowed forward, knowing that if I stopped, they would not hear the bravery of either one of them.  "Charlie was released to fight bravely.  He used his only chance to defend himself to get Greyback off of and away from Des... b-but the flash of green light..." I shuddered and heard one of them gasp.  "The Dark Star caught up to Des, who was trying to get to Quinn, a-and choked the life from her... and that was when I woke..."
Constantine Black
Constantine Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Rory Pettigrew Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:24 pm

I had chills.  This was one of the worst visions I had ever heard Constantine describe.  I looked at Mr. Weasley, hoping that he would be of some help.   But it was so hard to tell what he was thinking except shock.
Rory Pettigrew
Rory Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:24 pm

I could not believe it.  I did not want to, but I was the one who had gasped.  "We will wait to get my dad's patronus back... then we'll take action," I said slowly.  I didnot want to cause a panic if there was no reason to.  And I would sit there in denial as long as I could.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:30 pm

I had just woken up and been ready to jump into the shower when Seth's patronus -- a mountain lion - appeared in front of me.  "Check Sleepy Hollow.  There's word there's a problem there... let me know.  I'll sound an alarm on my end while you do yours..." it said in my son's voice.  Dora was still sleeping.  I jotted a quick note and pulled on jeans and a jumper.  Grabbing my cloak and wand, I fastened it while stepping out the front door.  I looked towards the direction of Sleepy Hollow and it felt like someone ripped out my heart -- the Dark Mark.

I ran down the lane to their house -- I did not trust myself Apparating, I was shaking so badly.  I slowed when I neared the house.  The sight made my stomach drop -- the Mark was looming over a half burnt crumbling mess of shingles and plaster that used to be the home of Charlie and Des.  I could see footprints in the snow leading to and from what used to be the front door.  With wand in hand, I entered the rubble.  Taking great care of where I tread so I would not accidentally cause harm to anything that would be evidence...

And then I saw it -- a hand laying on the ground -- when I heard the most heartbreaking sound.  I strode forward and I did not know my heart could break any more than it had already.  Desdemona lay draped over Charlie's brother.  My brother almost looked asleep had he not been splayed at an awkward angle.  And holding onto both of them, was my crying niece.  I had never heard her cry like this -- it was the sound of someone who lost the will to survive and the only thing that was important to her.  I fell to my knees; she did not know I was there.  I crawled through the ash and rubble and stopped when I reached her.  "Quinn," I said softly, putting a hand on her shoulder.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinn Weasley Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:32 pm

I jumped, despite realizing who it was who spoke to me in a strangled voice.  I turned my tear streaked face towards him and fell into his arms.  I felt fresh snow falling from the sky as I clung to my uncle as if he was the only thing keeping me alive.
Quinn Weasley
Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:34 pm

I did not want to let go of Quinn, but I needed to let Seth know and everyone else... I pulled away from her, kissing her forehead.  I sent my Patronus multiple ways -- one to each of the Weasley households -- to let them know what had happened.  Without a word, I rearranged my brother and sister, not wanting them to be laying there like that when the others arrived to help us.  They looked much more peaceful now.  Tears spilled down my cheeks when Quinn moved closer to them and held their hands that were between them, laying down so her head was near theirs, and with her other hand, she reached for mine.  It broke my heart and I held onto her hand and moved so I could hold her better than I could before, taking off my cloak and draping it over her, wanting to keep her warm.  Help would be coming...
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinn Weasley Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:37 pm

I had laid with my arm outreached, holding two hands in my one, my head near theirs.  I did not care how it looked; I did not care if I froze.  I just wanted them to be the ones holding me the way Uncle Bill was.  I did not want to leave them... and I was grateful that Uncle Bill just stayed with me.  I felt him shaking with tears and it hurt me to realize that one of the strongest men I knew was crying as hard as I was.
Quinn Weasley
Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:41 pm

We all sat in silence after Stan recounted what he had seen.  And then my dad's patonrus appeared and said, "They're gone."  I clenched my jaw, determinednot to lose it in front of the students.  "We need to alert Professor Weasley, Lauryn Weasley, and Charlie Lupin," I said, looking over the shoulders of the boys' and to the paintings.  "Tell them to meet me in here.  Alert the Headmaster as well, please, so he is aware..."  I took another deep breath.  I sent my mountain lion to the households of the Lupins and Greyback -- Emelyn, Ally, Meredith, Lucy, Ayden, and Leo all deserved to know that their aunt had passed away along with her husband.  I collapsed back into the chair and looked at Rory and Stan.  "You may need to stay here to recount what happened to Aunt Hermione, Lauryn, and Charlie... but then you can leave..."  I looked away, trying not to break in front of them, but unable to stop.  Uncle Charlie and Aunt Des were my godparents...
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:22 am

I was making myself some breakfast before heading into the Auror's office at the Ministry when a mountain bear patronus -- Bill's -- flashed before me.  "Sleepy Hollow... they're gone.  Help," it said in Bill's voice.  I furrowed my brow.  What was he talking about?  The bear disappeared and I stood there, frozen.  I finished getting dressed and I fastened my cloak around me.  I would get there quickly.  It was very rare that Bill would ask for help, though, and at Charlie's place?  Something was definitely wrong.  I was not entirely sure what 'they're gone' meant.  I Apparated to the lane which lead to both Shell Cottage and Sleepy Hollow -- they had always wanted to live close together.  I looked towards Shell Cottage and all seemed calm and quiet; when I looked towards Sleepy Hollow, however, my stomach dropped -- the Dark Mark.  No... it could not be!  I rushed forward and had a heartbreaking scene that I walked in on.  It was hard to take steps forward -- I did not want to admit it.  Charlie... Des... Quinn... they were all gone?  Bill was the only one sitting there with them.  The closer I got to the scene, however, I realized that Quinn was still alive!  Her body was shaking with silent sobs.  "W-What happened?" I asked, falling down to be near them, tears starting to fall down my cheeks.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:30 am

Bill's patronus was my alarm that Saturday morning.  This was the brilliance of being the boss at the joke shop -- I set my own hours.  The others seemed to work weekends at random.  Charlie had always popped into the reservation nearly every day, but never stayed the entire day when he did that.  I rolled over and looked at Lenni, realizing that she had heard the bear.  I started to rush around to get dressed.  "I'll wake the girls," I said, grateful that Cael was still in school.  "Or do you think we should keep them at your parents?" I asked as I tied my shoes.  It was nearly Christmas and I looked outside quickly; it was snowing.  There was only one thing that Bill's message could have meant.  I was shaking as I was thinking the worst case scenario.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next