Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991

3 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991 - Page 5 Empty Re: Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:49 am

I nodded.  "I'm glad I could help," I told her honestly.  "I hate bullies."  Then she asked about the hex.  I nodded at her.  "Oh yeah... I know it.  I've practiced it on Peeves once or twice... he was throwing spit wads at some students so I figured why not a better place to practice it?  It's a wonderful hex.  I could help you learn it if you want," I offered.  Normally when that was thrown into an argument, the opponent backed off.  No one wanted that.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991 - Page 5 Empty Re: Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:47 pm

I gave a small laugh, "Peeves can be so annoying sometime." I looked up at him when he offered to help me learn it. "You'd really teach me?" I thought of all the spells Father had tried to teach me and shuddered at his reaction when I could never get them right. "I'm not the best student." I said as I looked down and started bitting my nails. He should know that, I had taken a long time to get the last spell he tried to help me with, and it had been an easy one.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:30 pm

I shrugged.  "I'm patient," I assured her.  "And maybe it was the teacher more than the student."  Not that I was saying that the professors here or her parents or whoever helped her were bad, but sometimes they did not adapt to certain individuals.  I was not the best, but I tried to help people in different ways that would be best for them... not for a group, but the individual.  I tried to see past flaws to find the good... that was what my little brother always did.  Granted, he was four... but still.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:45 am

My eyes widened as I instinctively looked around to make sure Father hadn't heard him. I wouldn't let Father hurt him when he was helping me so much. I took deep, calming breaths to make my heart rate go back to normal. We were at school, Father wasn't here, and Lincoln wouldn't get hurt. I forced a small laugh, hoping to distract him from my reaction. "I guess so." Father always thought I should be just like Draco, developing at the same time. I was a different person from Draco though, no matter what Father thought. "If you would be willing to be patient with me, I would like to learn that hex." I smiled up at him, hoping I wasn't asking too much again.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:34 pm

I nodded at her.  "I don't mind," I told her.  "Thinking that it might come in handy?" I asked, trying to joke about it.  Normally one learned hexes and jinxes to use against someone else whether in jest or cruelty.  Either way, there was a reason.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:41 am

I gave a small laugh, grateful that he hadn't mentioned my reaction. I nodded, "I think it could." I said, a small smile forming on my lips. "Not that I want to hut anyone, it just good to know I think." I didn't want this stranger to think I liked to hurt people. I hated it, I just wanted to be able to defend myself so Draco didn't have to worry about me all the time.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:25 pm

I had a feeling there was something beneath the surface about this, but it was none of my business.  I nodded.  "That's true... the more you know when it comes to magic, the better.  You never know when you may need something -- whether it be the Bat Boogey Hex or the Point Me spell," I said.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:33 am

I nodded, "I just hope that some day I can learn all those spells." I let my head fall slightly. I was disappointed in myself that I could never get the spells, and I knew that Father was disappointed in me as well. I didn't want him to become disappointed in me too. "I just don't want you to be disappointed in me when I can't do them." I said it so quietly, I wasn't sure if he heard me.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:56 pm

I shrugged, not thinking that there would be an issue.  "Everyone learns things differently," I said casually.  "If one way doesn't work, I'll help you figure out another way that may help you better."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:41 pm

I looked up at him, confused. "You'd really do that for me?" At home, it was Father's way or nothing. If he was willing to try different ways, maybe I really could learn everything and keep up with Draco. I figured Father wouldn't care at this point, I would still be the disappointment no matter what, but maybe I wouldn't have to be disappointed in myself anymore.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:02 am

I was not entirely sure why she thought that was so far fetched of an idea.  I nodded slowly at her.  "Yeah," I said casually.  "It's really no big deal."  I really did not mind.  I helped a few of the younger Ravenclaws.  May as well help a Slytherin -- I did not really care about Houses.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:21 pm

"It's a big deal to me. No one's offered to help me before." I admitted as I let my head fall. Everyone in my family thought of me as the disappointment so they never helped. When I got to Hogwarts, I never bothered to ask anyone, figuring their response would be the same as my families. Apparently, I was wrong. "I'm sure it's because of my house." I said with a forced laugh. I didn't need him to ask any questions about what I had meant. Although he was doing pretty well so far, I didn't want that to change.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:46 am

I sighed and shook my head.  "If it's really because of your House, then people really are daft and ignorant," I muttered, rolling my eyes.  I was not entirely sure if that was the whole truth, but there was no point in pushing the matter.  Maybe if we were friends for awhile or something, I might ask... however, I really did not want her to question me about anything she may see so I would most likely never ask.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:30 pm

I gave a small laugh, then suddenly looked around, hoping Father hadn't heard. Again, I had to remind myself that we were at schools and that Father wasn't here today. We was safe. I nodded slightly, "They can be." I agreed. I couldn't believe he was willing to help and be patient with me. "Where did you lean all your magic from? Did you teach yourself a lot?" I wish I could've but that wasn't part of Fathers plan for me. Although, neither was this and, right now, I didn't really care if this was or not.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:27 pm

I looked over at her and nodded.  "Yeah, I had to," I said, bitterness unintentionally in my voice.  "I mean, besides help with teachers here, anyways..." I hoped she would not ask any questions about it.  I really did not want to get into the details about that.  "But that's sort of why I try to help younger student... sometimes I don't think they get enough help."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next