Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991

3 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991 - Page 4 Empty Re: Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Mon May 26, 2014 6:12 am

"Riddikulus," I repeated with a nod. "I think I'm going to have to start reading ahead with some subjects as well." I needed to do well to impress Father. It took a lot to impress him and it seemed to take twice that for me to be able to do so. I sighed, "So is Defence Against the Dark Arts your favourite subject?"
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991 - Page 4 Empty Re: Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon May 26, 2014 7:45 am

I shook my head.  "No," I replied simply.  Then I realized that in polite conversation someone would probably elaborate.  "Potions is by far my favorite.  Snape is horrible, but I love the concept and whatnot of potions."  I have made my own remedy for pain after my first year here once I realized how well I excelled in that class.  "What do you like best thus far?" I asked her.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Mon May 26, 2014 12:44 pm

"Potions is interesting as is Defence Against the Dark Arts." I began, "but my favourite has to be Astronomy. I love looking at the stars and just losing yourself in them." I looked up at the sky, wondering how big the world really was. I shook my head to clear it. "I can't wait until third year to take Care of Magical Creatures though." I would make sure that every creature I knew had the best care possible. If I couldn't be treated well, at least they could be. I turned back to Lincoln, "Have you thought about what electives you might want to take next year?"
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon May 26, 2014 1:20 pm

I shook my head.  I thought about taking Muggle Studies just to irritate my family, but I was not sure if I wanted to make a reason for them to hurt me.  "Not really," I said.  "Care of Magical Creatures does sound interesting, though.  I'll probably do as many as I can fit in... I don't do well with free time."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Tue May 27, 2014 9:22 am

"Me either." I agreed. "Free time give your mind too much opportunity to think about everything." I sighed, thinking about home, Father and Draco. I shook my head to clear it. "I can't wait to actually be able to pick classes though." I knew Father would probably tell me what classes I had to take but at least they would be different from the usual.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue May 27, 2014 11:13 am

That was one reason, I suppose.  "Exactly," I agreed, though it went so much deeper than that for me.  If I had free time, I was more likely to be hunted down by my family while I was at home.  And that same fear followed me into the castle, even though I knew I was safe from them.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Tue May 27, 2014 1:08 pm

I smiled, glad he agreed although something in his eyes told me there was more to it then what I had said. I didn't want to press the issue though, I had just met him after all. "So did you get lost in the castle on your first week or was I the only idiot to do that?" I was attempting to lighten the mood, wondering if it would work with him.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed May 28, 2014 1:51 am

I attempted a chuckle.  "I believe everyone here has gotten lost at least once," I assured her.  "They really should hand out maps or something..."  There were so many moving staircases that it was a wonder that not more students got lost -- I think part of it had to do with older siblings helping out younger relatives, but I was not entirely sure.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Wed May 28, 2014 4:31 am

I gave a small laugh. "A map would've been nice." I agreed. The moving staircases had me most confused, you could never know when they would change. "I probably sound really stupid hu?" I asked. "Talking about classes and getting lost."
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed May 28, 2014 6:48 am

I shook my head at her.  "No, but you do sound like a typical first year," I pointed out, shrugging.  "But that's not a bad thing... and when you're talking to a complete stranger, what else is there to speak of?"  Especially wiht me... it was not like I opened up about anything.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Wed May 28, 2014 12:05 pm

I appreciated how nice he was being about everything. "Well, we could talk about ourselves but for me these's not much to say." I said, not wanting to get into that conversation. He already knew who I was, no need for him to know anything else. I shrugged it off. No one cared about me, Father always said so. That's why I hadn't wanted to introduce myself first, but he seemed almost as reluctant as I did. "Unless there's anything you want to tell me about yourself?" I wasn't going to press the issue, but if he did want to tell me anything, I wasn't going to drop the subject just because I didn't want to talk about it. Not everyone was like me, but he seemed to be pretty close.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Thu May 29, 2014 5:48 pm

I could not believe how she seemed to just know that there was almost no way I was going to talk about myself just by the fact she did not want to talk about herself.  "Yeah, I'm pretty boring," I lied.  It was almost easy to do that whenever anyone asked about my home life.  "It's about as normal as it gets..."  I figured that would suffice.  There was no way I would elaborate.  There were only two other people at Hogwarts who knew what I had to go through and that was just because they were insightful -- Professors Dumbledore and Lupin.  

"But... you said you didn't like free time.  Do you just work on school things, then?" I asked, turning the subject away from anything that could turn more deep than just the surface.  Speaking of free time would be okay... it was pretty superficial.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri May 30, 2014 9:05 am

"Me too!" I said a bit to eagerly as I nodded. I toned it down a bit. "I mean it's just my parents, my brother and I." My brother was the only one here who knew what being a Malfoy was like, no one else needed to know.

I nodded at his comment about free time. "Some school work, sometimes I just read ahead or read for fun. My. brother and I hang out together a bit too." I didn't mention that upholding the Malfoy reputation was a full-time job, I never really had any free time. "What about you?" I asked looking up at him.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sat May 31, 2014 4:16 am

I had a feeling that her agreement was slightly similar to mine, but I was not going to pry.  I did not want to have anyone trying to pry into my family life so I would not pry into theirs.

"About the same," I answered, shrugging.  "I tend to read a lot -- no matter the subject.  I try to have at least a basic knowledge on a handful of things so I can be useful in many situations if necessary."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sat May 31, 2014 12:00 pm

I looked up at him, "You were useful in dealing with my situation." I informed him. "So I think you're doing pretty good there." I looked down to the ground, embarrassed once again that he had to save me. "Thanks for that again." I looked up at him, a slight smile playing on my lips, "Do you really know the Bat Boogey Hex?" He had threaten the girl with it but I wasn't sure if he had been bluffing. By what he had said though, I was pretty sure he did know it.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next