Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991

3 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991 - Page 7 Empty Re: Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:17 am

I shook my head.  "The most you'll probably be able to do is give him a fright," I told her.  At this stage, she was nowhere near good enough to actually do the jinx powerfully.  It takes practice.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991 - Page 7 Empty Re: Before you met me, I was alright but things were kind of heavy, you brought me to life -- Fall 1991

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:19 pm

I didn't like the idea of scaring the poor squirrel but it was the best option we had right now. I said the spell, still without my wand, to make sure I remembered it. I looked back up at Lincoln, there was one more thing I had to confirm before I would try the spell on a live animal. "You do know the counter-jinx?" I didn't think I would actually get then spell right yet but for whenever I did, it would be good to confirm.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:49 pm

I nodded at her.  "Yes," I asured her.  "I learned that pretty much when I learned the real thing... just as a precaution."  I knew that I may need it one day.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:36 am

"Then that's what I should be starting with right? Not the actual hex but the counter-jix." It made sense in my mind. This way I could help the squirrel whenever I was able to actually preform the hex.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:08 pm

I shook my head.  "I'd multitask with you," I said slowly, "but let's just focus on one thing at a time."  I had a feeling that it would be best to take things one step at a time rather than doing it the way I did.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:48 am

I nodded, figuring that would be best. I could barley learn one spell, let alone two. "What do you think I should start with?" I asked, looking up at him. He would know better then me
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:41 pm

I could nto help but laugh a little bit.  "I let you choose which you wanted to start with and you chose the hex," I pointed out.  "But if you would prefer the counter jinx, then that's fine, too."  I could do the hex and have her attempt to make it stop.  It really did not matter to me.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:07 am

"I think I would like the counter-jinx, that way, when I lean the actual hex, I can stop it. That makes sense right?" I look up at him. "Sorry I'm so indecisive, I guess I'm just not used to choosing for myself, I am only in first year." I gave a forced laugh, Draco always picked what we did and Father always told me what spell I was to learn. I never had the chance to think for myself really but it had nothing to do with my age. I didn't mind though, Draco seemed to know best although I was starting to wonder Father did.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:09 pm

I chuckled and shook my head.  "It's not a big deal," I told her simply.  I told her the spell for the counter-jinx.  "Same as before... repeat it a few times without your wand.  Then, I can perform the jinx -- it'll be a light version, nothing major -- and you can try to stop it."  I learned the hard way that you can control how powerful this jinx was depending on how much energy you put into the spell.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:17 pm

I nodded, liking the idea of being able to stop the hex before causing it. I repeated the words to preform the spell a few times slowly, then again at a more normal speed, hoping I was saying them correctly. I gave him a bit of a confused look, "You can control the strength of a spell?" I felt like I should be taking notes about everything he was teaching me.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:57 pm

I nodded at her.  "Yeah, it all depends on how much mental power you put behind it.  Like... if one of us were to cast the most deadly Unforgivable Curse, we would probably barely cause a nosebleed because we would not have the right conviction behind it," I explained, wondering if she even knew what the Unforgivable Curses were.  I loved learning all different types of defensive spells, and those were in a lot of Defense Against the Dark Arts books.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:20 pm

I nodded, "That makes sense." I shuddered when he mentioned the Unforgivable curses. Aunt Bellatrix liked the Cruciatus Curse and I was sacred that one day, she would use it against Draco or I. I spent some of my free time looking into them so I would know what I was up against. "I hate the Unforgivable Curses!" I said harshly. I realized that I may have put just a bit too much hatred into the words for an eleven-year-old so I tied to explain myself. "I mean the Killing Curse is bad enough, but then there's The Cruciatus Curse and the Imperius Curse. They're all horrible."
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:52 am

I nodded, completely agreeing.  I had to deal with so many things, I was at least grateful that my mother only used the Crutiatus Curse on me once.  I never wanted to go through that again.  "They are horrid," I agreed, feeling myself shudder involuntarily.  I let out a bit of a nervous chuckle.  "Erm, why don't we move on from that subject?  They give me the creeps..."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:33 am

<< So Taylor forgets little plot points like Bella being in Azkaban in Junes first year....this is me making up for it....it also sounded like something Lucius would do but if you want me to change it just let me know.....>>

I shuddered with Lincoln then gave a small nervous laugh as well. I made myself remember that Aunt Bellatrix was is Azkaban, everything I knew about her was just stories Father told me and there was no way he could get her out so she could hurt us, no matter what he tried to make me believe. Right? I pushed that thought from my mind and nodded. "They give me the creeps too." I agreed. "I think you were teaching me the counter-jinx for the Bat Boogie Hex." I wanted to get off of this topic as well. I said the spell and looked up at him to make sure I had said it right.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:22 pm

<< LOL no worries!  Smile >>

I nodded at her, glad to get off of that topic as much as what it seemed Juniper was.  "That's right," I said.  "Are you ready to try it out?  I can perform a light little version of the hex once I get the squirrel?" I pulled out my wand and looked at Juniper, waiting a response.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next