Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She said "I'm afraid of falling"; he answered "I have wings" -- TBD

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

She said "I'm afraid of falling"; he answered "I have wings" -- TBD Empty She said "I'm afraid of falling"; he answered "I have wings" -- TBD

Post  Oliver Wood Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:25 am

Katie was still in school and I was just having a date with her.  I told her I would meet her in Hogsmeade... there was no reason for us to make any of this more than just a simple date that it was.  Okay, it was our third date or so.  I could not believe that I was falling for Katie -- she was three or four years my junior.  But she was lovely.  Not anything like any woman I had ever fallen for before in my life.  I met her at the gates from Hogwarts to the village.  I was being quite the gentleman and being very polite... but I was going to go for it today.  I just had to hold her in my arms and kiss her.  That was the plan anyways.  "How's it going?" I asked lamely, wishing that I had a little bit more coothe with the ladies.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

She said "I'm afraid of falling"; he answered "I have wings" -- TBD Empty Re: She said "I'm afraid of falling"; he answered "I have wings" -- TBD

Post  Katie Bell Wood Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:49 pm

I smiled and easily slipped my hand into Ollie's as we walked towards the village.  I was so glad that I decided to act on my feelings for Oliver.  He was so sweet, he really was.  "It's going... it's been kind of a rough year considering the fact that with practice and school... but I like it that way.  Keeps things interesting," I said with a chuckle.  "How are things with Puddlemere?"  I was so proud of him that he made it to what he wanted to be.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

She said "I'm afraid of falling"; he answered "I have wings" -- TBD Empty Re: She said "I'm afraid of falling"; he answered "I have wings" -- TBD

Post  Oliver Wood Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:11 pm

I loved how this just seemed so natural to us.  It was as if we had been dating for years.  I grinned at her.  "It is everything you would expect from professional Quidditch.  I am enjoying it so much," I told her.  "But if you think I was intense with some of my locker room speeches... you should hear these guys."  They sometimes put me to shame with locker room pep talks before teh games.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:17 pm

I laughed and shook my head.  Ollie was really bad enough; I do not think I could live through their locker room speeches if they were any more strenuous than Oliver's.  "No, that's quite alright," I said, reassuring Oliver.  "I think you may have mistaken our enthusiasm for your speeches to be over and mixed it up with enthusiasm for your actual speeches."  I had to give him a hard time.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:29 pm

I had to give her a second look.  "What?  You guys really didn't find my speeches motivational?" I inquired.  that wa highly depressing, though not entirely surprising I suppose.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:36 pm

I bit my lip slightly and just chuckled.  How could I tell him that without breaking his spirit?  So instead, I just ignored his question and changed the topic to save his feelings -- though I think he figured it out quickly what I was trying to do.  "So... er, what did you have planned for this afternoon?" I asked him, hoping he would drop the quidditch topic.  I knew he thought his speeches were great, but really... they were less than motivational to say the least.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:03 pm

I could not help but laugh.  "Gee, I appreciate you attempting to spare my feelings, but you need to learn the art of being subtle," I teased, squeezing her hand, smiling at her.  "I know I was tough on all of you... but it always normally worked out, did it not?" When she just chuckled and looked towards the ground I knew I needed to stop.  I sighed and shook my head.  "Well, I was thinking grabbing a quick little bite -- because some of us don't have the house elves feeding us anymore -- and sort of  browse around the shops?" I suggested.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:12 pm

I smiled at him and nodded.  "That sounds lovely, Ollie," I assured him.  I loved that I was allowed to call him Ollie instead of Oliver.  I tried not to call him that in the presence of Fred or George... they would never let him live that down.  "You know... I'm sure we could sneak you some of the classic Hogwarts foods" I suggested, thinking that next time we could have a little picnic or something.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:42 pm

I grinned at her.  "Sounds like I should have done better planning this time around," I joked, thinking how Hogwarts food sounded so much better than what you could grab at the Three Broomsticks.  But this was just as good as anything to eat, though.  Now I was having a craving for the pumpkin pasties that the House elves made... they were my favorite.  Nowhere else did they taste the same.  We got to The Three Broomsticks and I held the door open for her.  "After you," I said lightly.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:15 pm

I smiled and said, "Why thank you."  We found a table and ordered a small bite to eat with some butterbeer.  "I'll have to send you some pumpkin pasties," I said as we ate.  "I know those were your favorites... right?" Merlin, I hope I did not just remember something that had been Fred's favorite or something.  Talk about awkward.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:18 pm

I smiled at her.  "You would be my favorite person in the world if you did that," I said, chuckling, "because, yes, those are indeed my favorite."  I still could not believe how easy it was for me to speak with Katie like this.  Of course we all had been friends, but she had had her own clique in Hogwarts like I had mine seeing that we were a few years apart.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon May 05, 2014 10:44 am

I laughed reaching across the table and I squeezed his hand.  "Well then, sounds like I know what I'll be doing.  I've got to make sure I'm your favourite," I said with a grin.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Tue May 06, 2014 5:45 pm

I smiled at her.  "I think you're already well on your way down that road, Katie," I assured her.  Sometimes it was still hard for me to believe that she and I were together like this.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Wed May 07, 2014 8:15 am

My cheeks felt like they got a little pink and I looked away from his sweet gaze towards me.  "I dunno about that," I said, chuckling and shaking my head at him.  He really was too sweet to me.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Thu May 08, 2014 4:33 pm

I chuckled at her reaction.  "You don't give yourself nearly enough credit, Katie.  That I can promise you," I pointed out.  What was it about women that made them discount themselves?
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next