Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say something, I'm giving up on you -- Summer 1992 (DONE)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Say something, I'm giving up on you -- Summer 1992 (DONE) - Page 2 Empty Re: Say something, I'm giving up on you -- Summer 1992 (DONE)

Post  The Matthews Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:35 pm

That hurt, even though I knew it was true.  I tried to be a father to him, but every time I tried Genevieve ran interference.  "I know.  I failed you," I said to him honestly, emotion filling my voice.  "I'm hoping to change that, though, Lincoln.  If you'll let me."  I looked at him, trying to keep my hope down.  I was not sure what he would say to that.  I was not sure what I would do if he did not want me to take him away.  I would still try to get him out somehow, though.  I just wanted to be with him.  I loved him.  Even if I did not show it.

I reached into the folder again and handed over the few pictures I was able to sneak out of that house without the other Death Eaters -- Malfoy, McNair, and Darwin -- seeing me do so.  "I figured you would want these one day," I said to him.  They were mainly of Lincoln and his mother, Mia.  Why could I not bring myself to tell him that I was his biological father?  Maybe because letting him think that the Muggle was his real dad would be better for his dad than I.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Say something, I'm giving up on you -- Summer 1992 (DONE) - Page 2 Empty Re: Say something, I'm giving up on you -- Summer 1992 (DONE)

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:38 pm

I could not believe this.  I took the pictures instead of saying anything.  My father was owning up to his mistakes?  What was going on?  I could not bring myself to look at my biological family, though.  Clearly there was something going on with my father.  I could tell that when this entire conversation started -- it was the reason why I had started listening to him in the first place.  I tried not to think too hopefully.  I set the pictures down on the desk in front of me and I stared at him.  "What do you mean?" I asked timidly, my voice shaking.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:47 pm

I smiled slightly at Lincoln -- he was at least listening to me.  "I want to get you out of here," I said to him honestly.  "One way or another."  I could see the hope in my son's eyes.  It was good that he was still listening to me.  "Will you let me save you?  Properly this time."  I held my breath, wishing that he had a sliver of trust left in me to let me do this for him. 
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Life with just him?  Even though he lied and he could get bad... he was never bad unless Mother was around.  If anything, he was always just distant and ignored me if she was not around.  I could handle his yelling that he did.  And that could end... all of this could end.  I could get away from all of this.  "H-how can I believe that you w-w-won't keep h-hurting me?" I asked, initially wanting to say something else.  But my fear spoke up instead.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:00 pm

His words hurt, though they were the truth.  I took a deep breath.  "There's nothing I can do to prove to you that I wont' hurt you anymore, Lincoln," I said to him.  We both knew this to be true.  I just hoped my bare honesty would be good enough to show that I wanted to save him -- to change to be able to help him after all these years.  To truly help him.  I wanted to reach out and touch his arm, but I knew better than to do that.  "But I want to get you out of here before Genevieve gets home.  I want you to be safe before I tell her that I'm leaving.  I don't want her to take anything out on you."  That could be the first way to show him that I wanted him safe, right?  I had no idea what Genevieve would do.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri May 08, 2015 6:33 am

Fear and hope flooded my mind.  I was not sure I could trust him not to hurt me again, but to get away from Mother... I would love that.  I nodded at him.  "I want to leave here," I said to him.  "I d-d-don't..."  I paused and controlled myself to hide my stutter.  "I don't want to be near that monster again."  My father had to know I was speaking of Mother.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Sun May 17, 2015 10:29 am

I stood up and went to Lincoln.  "I know," I said, putting a hand on his shoulder.  I knew that it would be okay to do at least that with the way the conversation was ending.  I heard the fireplace and looked at my son.  "Stay in here," I warned him.  I had a feeling that this would not be good.  I would not tell her right this second we were leaving.  I would wait until Lincoln was away from there first... unless she went to hurt him again.  I was going to prove to him that I was going to be a different man when he came wiht me.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:24 am

I did not listen to my dad, though.  I followed him quietly and mother looked furious.  What had she found out?  I stared and they were arguing -- just not loudly.  I moved closer and I heard these words from my mother:

"You're really his father?  You wanted a name and then you went and slept with her the blood traitor?!  You thought I'd never find out?!" Her voice was like venom.  But she confirmed at least one thing for me:  the reason why I felt a bond with Austin was that we really were brothers... at least half brothers.  That made me feel something more for Dad, now. 

I saw that she saw me and made a move towards me, her wand getting pulled out.  Dad was trying.  He was trying to stop her... I rushed forward, but he pushed me back.  My mother made a slashing motion with her wand and Dad fell backwards, blood was everywhere.  I knelt down and stayed by my dad.  My mother was standing triumphant above us.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:26 am

I was furious!  I was not one to take things in stride if they went awry - especially with my own plan.  I slashed the air with my wand:  my husband bleeding profusely on the floor and Lincoln sitting by him.  I glared at him, raising my wand once more.  I was going to kill him.  I would love to kill them both, but just the lying bastard would do for now.  I could get Lincoln later -- I already figured I could rely on an old... frenemy to make sure I did not stay anywhere too long. 

"Avada Kedavra," I whispered, not needing to shout it out.  I hated that man bleeding on the floor.  He had enough strength before I waved my wand to speak to Lincoln -- I'm sorry -- and to push him to the side again.  Lincoln's eyes were wide and then the flash of green light and Riley was dead.  Finally I was free of him.

Instantly, Ministry wizards and Aurors were there.  I cared not when it came to them grabbing me and taking my wand from me.  I could get a new one... I would get out and I would go after Lincoln next.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:06 am

I stayed with Dad while blood went everywhere.  When Mother raised her wand again, Dad moved me aside with the last of his strength and whispered to me, "I'm sorry."  And then the flash of green... he was gone.  I felt my throat tighten and a knot in my stomach.  I looked towards my mother, unsure what she was going to do now.

And that was when the Ministry Wizards showed up.  At least I knew that she was not going to hurt me... right now.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2