Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dad You Didn't Have to Be -- Summer 1992

2 posters

Go down

The Dad You Didn't Have to Be -- Summer 1992 Empty The Dad You Didn't Have to Be -- Summer 1992

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:10 am

Mum and Michael had gotten back together and I felt like I needed to make a bond with him. It would just be fair. I figured if we went hiking since we both enjoyed the outdoors it would be a good bonding experience. We got to the woods in which we were going to go on the trail. We were both just wearing some jean shorts and some tennis shoes. I had a small backpack that I was wearing with some snacks and water while Michael had some stuff in his own backpack for us as well. "So... Mum had told me how you two had your ups and downs... especially when I ended up coming along," I said, getting to the point.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

The Dad You Didn't Have to Be -- Summer 1992 Empty Re: The Dad You Didn't Have to Be -- Summer 1992

Post  Michael Bane Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:12 am

We were in midstride when she said that. It definitely caught me off guard. "Oh, well, we were young and I wasn't sure if I was ready for the responsibility of being a father," I told her. I wonder why she was bringing this up.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

The Dad You Didn't Have to Be -- Summer 1992 Empty Re: The Dad You Didn't Have to Be -- Summer 1992

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:25 am

I shrugged. "Yeah, I suppose. But the way she told it she didn't ask you to be the father, she just told you what was wrong," I said. I liked to see him squirm. I reallydidn't care... in fact, I kind of liked not having a father. It meant I could choose who I considered was my father.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:31 am

I shook my head. "It souns so easy now," I told her. "But it was really different when she told me. Honestly, I should've stayed with her and supported her."
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:33 am

I laughed. "Michael, I'm just giving you shit," I said, punching him lightly on the arm. "If you would've stayed I wouldn't have my little brother... so I'm kinda glad you left. Just don't tell him," I added quickly.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:38 am

I looked at her. "Really? I would've never guessed that ou enjoyed Jetty that much," I said. For a teenage girl, this was a treat.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:47 am

"I don't enjoy him... but I think I'd miss him," I said, shrugging slightly. We kept hiking and talking. Then, me being a little clumsy, I tripped over a rock or root, and fell. "Ouch!" I said, figuring I probably shouldn't swear. I corrected myself and saw that my knee was bleeding. I couldn't help but chuckle. "I should've known that was going to happen..."
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:55 am

I laughed a little bit and asked her, "Youokay?" I bent down and took off my pack in which I had packed some first aid things. I had a feeling she would hurt herself. Tobi had warned me when I mentioned us going hiking together. I started to patch up her knee. "AT least it isn't too bad," I told her.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:58 am

I smiled at him and let him fix up my knee. "Thanks, Michael," I told him. I knew we hadn't been together much or anything... but that wa such a dad thing to do. "You know... I just want to let you know, that I'm glad you didn't stay with Mum. I don't know if I would've liked you as much as I do. I mean, I got to choose who my Dad is." I grinned at him when I said that.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:00 am

I nodded. "That would be really cool... to be able to choose your parents -- well, at least one of them," I agreed, wondering exactly what she was getting at.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:12 am

I smiled and looked at him. "Michael... I just want you to know that you're the only guy I'd like to call Dad.... if you'll let me," I said, feeling my cheeks get a little red. Him and my mum had just gotten married... and it had been a private little ceremony. Just me, Jetty, Auntie Em, my parents... and only a few others. Nothing major. No one ever said if Michael would adopt me or Jetty o anything.. but I just wanted him to know that I would gladly be his daughter.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:13 am

For a fifteen year old girl to say something like that, warmed my heart. I hugged her. "Of course I'd let you call me that," I said, tears coming to my eyes.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:14 am

I grinned at him. "Thank you!" I said happily. "But you know Jetty won't call you that... he knows who his dad is." I didn't want to rain on the parade, bu I wanted to be realistic.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:15 am

I laughed. "I know... I honestly didn't even think you'd call me that," I told her. "So I'm really happy you said that."
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down