Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's a difference between giving up and knowing you've had enough -- Summer/Fall 2005

2 posters

Go down

There's a difference between giving up and knowing you've had enough -- Summer/Fall 2005 Empty There's a difference between giving up and knowing you've had enough -- Summer/Fall 2005

Post  Draco Malfoy Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:15 pm

I hated going over to the manor, but I needed to check on my mother.  She still deserved my love after all.  Of course, I made sure that Father was not there and was at home.  I entered the manor I used to call a home and searched for my mother.  "Mother?  You are here, right?" I called out, wondering if she was even here.  I just wanted to make sure she was okay.  She lived with Father... and he probably did not let her grieve at all about Keegan -- especially since he was the one who arranged for my daughter's murder.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

There's a difference between giving up and knowing you've had enough -- Summer/Fall 2005 Empty Re: There's a difference between giving up and knowing you've had enough -- Summer/Fall 2005

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:15 am

I head my son call and hastily wiped away my tears. I had been looking at pictures of Keegan, attempting to properly grieve for my granddaughter since Lucius wasn't home. Once I thought I had all evidence of my crying gone and I had closed the photo album and put it away, I called out to him. "Draco, I'm in the parlour." I took a deep breath, painting my face into a blank canvas.
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

There's a difference between giving up and knowing you've had enough -- Summer/Fall 2005 Empty Re: There's a difference between giving up and knowing you've had enough -- Summer/Fall 2005

Post  Draco Malfoy Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:30 am

I followed my mother's voice, feeling like something was not right here.  I walked into the parlour and saw her.  I went up to her and put a hand on her shoulder.  "Are you alright?" I asked her, not entirely sure if there as anything wrong, but with the intention of my visit, that was an appropriate question to ask.  I wanted to know what all she knew... and I wanted to make sure she would be okay.  I loved her.  I did not want her to be hurt by Father anymore.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:00 am

I forced a smile up at my son. "I'm fine Draco." I tried to assure him, but it was a lie. Something did not add up with Keegan's death, and I was trying to figure out what it was. I shook my head to clear it, my mind was probably just playing tricks on me. "What about you? How is everyone doing?"
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:14 pm

I shook my head.  "I'm fine," I said to her.  "And that would be as much of a lie as the one you just told me."  I wanted her to know that I was good at telling when people were lying to me.  I had to learn quickly when I had been with the Dark Lord.  Occlumens I was good at, and I was just as good at telling when people were lying as I was at hiding my own thoughts.  "I'm here to help you," I added, wanting her to know that I was not going to let her go on with this life.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:32 pm

I looked over at my son with the same forced smile. "I'm fine, really." I tried to convince him again. I wanted to give a small laugh when he said he knew I was lying, I guess we taught him well, but I wasn't going to admit that out loud. I sighed at my son. "Draco, I don't need help, I'm doing okay." Lucius wasn't home right now so, at least at the moment, it was true. "Do you need any help? Do Pansy or Ian need anything?" I asked, hoping to distract him from me. I knew Juniper was pretty good at distracting people from topics she didn't want to talk about so he was probabaly use to it. I wasn't sure how well it would work but I had to try.
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:11 am

I knew that I was going down a very dangerous path -- destroying Father's life, drinking again, isolating myself -- but I did not care.  I needed to do this.  I needed to take away the one thing that Father held dear in his life from him and that would be my mother.  I laughed, but it sounded cold and mirthless and so very hollow.  Did I need any help?  If only she knew.  I put a hand on my mother's shoulder gently.  "Pansy and Ian are doing better than one would expect," I said to her.  But that was because they used their support systems whereas I was hiding in myself.  

I sighed and looked into my mother's eyes.  I knew she would be able to see everything that I was so good at hiding from everyone else because she was my mum.  She knew everything.  I took a deep breath.  "Mum, I'm tired of seeing the way he takes you for granted," I said to her quietly, just diving right in, ignoring her attempts of changing topic like I did with Juniper.  My sister did learn from the best, though.  "I can help you... please, let me do this."  I needed to help her.  I did not want to see Mum end up the same as my daughter -- just collateral damage.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:13 am

"Draco," I sighed, hoping he would drop this. "I told you I'm fine." I hoped he would believe my lie but I knew he probably wouldn't. "You're the one who needs help. What can I do to help you?" I could tell he wasn't as easily distracted as I hoped, but my daughter had to get her persistence from someone. "You don't need to worry about me. Worry about yourself and your family." I could never let him know how close to the truth he was about what happened in the manor. I was sure he knew though, he had lived here most of his life.
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Mon May 11, 2015 11:03 am

I shook my head and ran a hand through my longer-than-usual blonde hair.  "I need to do this,' I said to her, not liking how my voice sounded almost panicked.  I took a deep breath to calm myself down.  "You need to get away from him.  I need to get you away from him.  Before you become even more collateral damage than you already are."  I looked at her and hoped that she would listen to me.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Tue May 19, 2015 3:35 am

"Draco, your Father and I are fine. You don't need to do anything, just go home and be with your family." I tried to insist. "I'm not collateral damage." But was I? I shook my head to clear it. No, Lucius may not love me like a husband should love his wife but I was not collateral damage. I wouldn't let it go that far, right? "Suppose I was to get away from here, where would I go?" I decided to just play along with my son and see how far he was willing to go. He seemed determined that I needed to get away from my husband. I had been able to life with him for this long, if you can call it living. Why should now be any different?
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:39 am

I could see the doubt flash in her eyes.  That was enough to tell me that I was right to do this.  And the fact that she was even, just hypothetically, talk to me about it was all that I needed.  "Nowhere near me or Juniper," I said to her honestly.  "At least not for a little while... I have a place -- it's in the Muggle world, but secluded.  And protected."  I put spells and charms on it already so that it was protected as much as it could be away from Father.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:38 am

I looked at my son curiously. He had a place…in the muggle world? Lucius would not be pleased if he knew that but I put that to the back of my mind for the moment and sighed. "How did you get a place in the muggle world?" I asked, but my mind was working though everything. If he was so concerned about me, maybe I should get away, even if just for a bit. I shook my head to clear it though. If I disappeared, Lucius would just know it was Draco's idea and would go after him, maybe even Juniper as well as his way of getting to Draco. No, I couldn't leave. I had spent my children's lives being too afraid to stand up for them. The least I could do is not give Lucius a reason to be mad at our children just because our son thinks I need to be saved.
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:46 am

I smirked slightly.  "I just took Father's advice and made connections," I said.  "Just not exactly the way he wanted me to."  I took a deep breath.  "Mum, if I didn't have the place secure and had a plan as well -- we will use the Fidelius Charm -- to protect you.  You don't have to use me or June as your Secret Keeper... but someone who will never cave to Father."  I just wanted Mother to get away from him.  I was going to make sure it happened, too.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down