Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think that she could be the better half of me -- Late Summer/Fall 1998

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I think that she could be the better half of me -- Late Summer/Fall 1998 Empty I think that she could be the better half of me -- Late Summer/Fall 1998

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:45 am

After everything that has happened, I knew that no one would believe me that I still loved Juniper and wanted to spend my life with her.  We had an odd relationship at best, but she really was the only one for me.  I would speak to Draco about asking for her hand -- he was the only one she cared for and I knew how much it would mean to her if I asked for his blessing before proposing.  I got to Draco while the girls were out.  I knocked on the door and knew he expected me, but I still thought it odd to just walk in.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

I think that she could be the better half of me -- Late Summer/Fall 1998 Empty Re: I think that she could be the better half of me -- Late Summer/Fall 1998

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:21 pm

I opened up the door to our flat and saw that Lincoln had arrived.  I was not entirely sure what he wanted.  We never were alone together.  Ever.  I waved him to come in and I moved aside so he could do so.  "So what do you want, Matthews?" I asked him as nicely as I could.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

I think that she could be the better half of me -- Late Summer/Fall 1998 Empty Re: I think that she could be the better half of me -- Late Summer/Fall 1998

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:46 pm

I resisted the temptation to roll my eyes at Draco.  "Well, why don't we cut the crap and get down to the reason why you can't stand me," I said simply.  Then we could move onto the real reason why I was there with him.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:07 pm

I was startled by the way he was speaking to me.  "You gave my sister the thing that nearly destroyed her," I said to him simply.  That was just hte start of it, really.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:52 am

I resisted from hanging my head.  He had a point there, but how was I supposed to know what Juniper would end up doing with it?  I had not realized that it was that addictive.  I sighed.  "Draco, no one knew how she would react to that," I said quietly, though I wished that I had.  At least I was able to help her get away from being addicted to it.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:39 pm

I glared at him.  "She could have been lost forever -- which could mean worse than death," I said to him icily.  How could I forgive him for doing that to her?  "You don't just give people different things without knowing what they do.  That's stupidity... and I thought you were a Ravenclaw."
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:53 pm

"It didn't work that way on me!" I said, giving into my frustration and anger.  I took a few deep breaths to calm myself.  "I agree with you, though.  I had been daft... but that's in the past.  I helped her through it as did you -- despite other things going on at the time."  I really did not want to argue with him.  I wanted to see if he would let me ask his sister's hadn in marriage.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:28 am

I sighed and figured that I should give him a chance to explain.  "Go on," I said to him.  "What do you want?"
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:29 pm

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, trying to make sure that I kept my voice level.  "I would like to ask for you permission," I started out, "for her hand in marriage..."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:45 pm

My mouth fell open as I stared at Matthews.  "Excuse me?" I finally said, incredulous.  What on earth was he thinkingg?
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:06 pm

"I love your sister," I said to hi honestly.  "I wouldn't be here to talk to you if I wasn't for real about this."  I hoped that I was making myself a decent case with dRaco.  I knew this would be a hard sell.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:10 am

I stared at Matthews with a mix of distrust, disliking, and disbelief.  What made him think that I would condone this?  But the way he looked when he spoke of it, broke through all of my misgivings.  "But you can't," I said, knowing that Juniper would not want this for Lincoln.  She may want happiness, yes, but she would not want to have Matthews get invovled in our family.  I would try my best for her, even though I thought she deserved her own happy ending.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:49 pm

I looked at him in disbelief.  "What do you mean?  I can't?" I asked,  knowing that Draco had issues with me.  I wondered if it had to do with just me or the fact that there was something else going on.  of course I had my suspicions about what happened at the Malfoy household in addition to things that Juniper was able to tell me.  But that was why I wanted her to know how much I loved her and why I wanted to be with her.  Somehow... somehow we completed each other in an odd way wiht what we went through.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:56 am

"You can't be with her," I said to him simply.  I wanted the best for Juniper, but she thought that pushing Lincoln away was the best for her.  I had to respect her wishes.  "I don't want you to stay involved with my sister.  She wouldn't want that... you're already too involved."
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:41 pm

I raised my eyebrows.  "But doesn't Juniper deserve to be happy?" I inquired, really wishing that he would just understand where I was coming from.  "You all make her believe that she doesn't deserve what she really does... and I know that I only know the half of it, but I'm being serious."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next