Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hanging out with a miniature drunk -- Fall 1998 (DONE)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hanging out with a miniature drunk -- Fall 1998 (DONE) Empty Hanging out with a miniature drunk -- Fall 1998 (DONE)

Post  Ron Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:50 am

I knew why Bill took my offer to watch Seth over George's.  I was not sure if I would trust either of the twins with any of my kids, either.  They still give each other bruises from untold sources, let alone what they would do with a five year old.  And Bill probably liked the fact we would be at the Burrow so Mum would be close by.  Bill was rather protective of Seth.  We stared at each other across the table.  "How about we go play some Quidditch?" I suggested. I could help start him young.  I think I was his age when I started playing with Bill and charlie.

Last edited by Ron Weasley on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Hanging out with a miniature drunk -- Fall 1998 (DONE) Empty Re: Hanging out with a miniature drunk -- Fall 1998 (DONE)

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:51 am

I shook my head.  "Dad told me not to let you rope me into playing," I said, repeating what Dad had told me.  I enjoyed playing, but he thought I was too young to be on the big brooms... though everyone ended up convincing me to do it anyways.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Hanging out with a miniature drunk -- Fall 1998 (DONE) Empty Re: Hanging out with a miniature drunk -- Fall 1998 (DONE)

Post  Ron Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:53 am

I gave Seth a look.  "C'mon, lil man, you know you want to," I tried to convince him.  It normally did not take too long to get him to agree to some quidditch.  He had what I liked to call the Weasley curse -- quidditch was in our blood... except Percy's.  Charlie was a seeker, the twins were Beaters, Ginny and Bill were chasers, and I had been keeper.  It was just a bit of a curse.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:53 am

I sighed and grinned at Uncle Ron.  "Dad will get mad if I'm on a big broom," I informed my uncle.  Dad only liked me on the big brooms when he was around.  It was just one of his rules.  I did not like breaking them... I knew I would get in trouble.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:54 am

I rolled my eyes.  "What your dad doesn' tknow won't hurt him," I teased.  I gave my nephew an evil grin.  I figured a five year old would not be able to hold out for very long against me.  I knew I could break him.  I had years of practicee with breaking my older siblings.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:56 am

I looked up at my uncle with a devilish grin.  I stood up.  "Only if you help me with being a keeper," I bargained. I had Dad and Aunt Ginny trying to get me to be a chaser; Uncle Charlie teaching em the ins and outs of a seeker; Dad won't let Uncles Fred and George help me with being a beater.  I wanted to be an all around team player.  And I knew that Dad helped Uncle Ron build some hoops on the ground to help me practice.  I would nto be breaking any rules either.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:57 am

I was glad to see him get excited.I stood up and lead him to the back where hoops were set up to keep our two feet on the ground.  "You know, I think you may be like your Uncle Percy more than any of us care to admit," I said, wrapping an arm around my nephew.  He probably said to practice the art of Keeper so he would not defy his father's wishes of staying off the brooms.  Percy would definitely have found a way to keep true to the rules.  Seth was a smart id, I could see him figuring that out.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:58 am

I grinned.  I had no idea what Uncle Ron was talking about.  "Uncle Ron... why is everyone mad at Uncle Percy?  I've never even met him," I said.  I kicked at the ground while my uncle grabbed some quidditch gear.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am

I pulled out some gloves and paddng for Seth, gloves for myself, and a Quaffle from the shed.  I did not really know how to answer my nephew.  "Well... four years ago or so, there was a huge fight.  Uncle Percy and your grandparents got into it.  I don't really remember what started everything.  But it ended up turning into whether or not Uncle Percy's job was legit or if the Ministry wanted a spy on the inside of some of Dumbledore's most loyal friends.  A lot of bad things were said," I told Seth honestly.  I really was not sure if Bill wanted his son to know about Percy or not.  I was just going to be honest with my nephew.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:00 am

I stared at my uncle while I put on the gloves and pads.  "If it's been so long, why don't they talk now?  Dad told me I need to forgive people... that it was the nice thing to do," I said, positioning myself in front of the hoops.  I crouched down a little bit, getting ready for what Uncle Ron may throw my way.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:03 am

I laughed and shook my head at my nephew.  "It's not always that easy, bud," I informed him.  Sometimes I wish it were... I catch myself missing my older brother.  And I never thought I would say that in my entire life.  Percy was not exactly my favorite person in the world.  I saw that he was ready.  "We'll do some practice shots.  Just toss it back and forth right now to warm up, okay?" I suggested.  It always did well to warm up.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:05 am

I nodded, agreeing.  I caught the Quaffle every time it was thrown at me.  I realized that Uncle Ron was slowly making me move in different directions.  "It should be easy," I said, only a little out of breath from moving around so much.  "They're family."  That was pretty much all that needed to be said.  Family meant everything to us... so what was so different here?
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:05 am

Seth was definitely not going to let this matter drop, was he?  I shook my head.  "Just focus on the lesson, okay?  There's no reason to get into all of this," I said, trying to get off the topic.  I did not think that Seth needed to know all the details.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:06 am

I shrugged.  "I'll just talk to Nan and Pops about it," I said, dismissing my uncle at telling me to drop it.  Nan and Pops would lsiten to me.  I knew they would.  I continued blocking the shots.  Id id miss one and groaned.  "Is this pay back for nto dropping it?" I joked.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:07 am

I really thought that Seth talking wtih my parents might help the whole situation.  "Perhaps," I teased.  I really did not, but it was fun to joke around with Seth.  He was just being playful and I was returning the favor.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next