Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love is hope -- Fall 1998 (DONE)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Love is hope -- Fall 1998 (DONE) Empty Love is hope -- Fall 1998 (DONE)

Post  Bill Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:17 am

My little tyke was growing up so fast.  He had been at his first day of preschool.  I was glad that I was able to find a little place for young witches and wizards Seth's age.  He did not have any cousins to play with and I wanted him to be with other ids.  They were going to drop Seth off and I was at Shell Cottage pacing in the front yard.  I could not wait to see Seth.  I had been at work all day, but I had missed Seth so much.  I figured it was just because he had not been at home waitin gto greet me.  Dora was still at work, so this was going to be guy time.  I checked the time again.  I thought that they might be running late when I heard a bunch of laughter and I turned.  Is aw my son running towards me, dragging his backpack that had dragons on it.  Charlie got it for him of course.  I bent down and he jumped into my arms.  I hugged him and lifted him up.  "Boy, did I miss you!" I said, giving Seth a kiss.  I set him down and held his hand.  I grabbed his bag as we walked inside.

Last edited by Bill Weasley on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Love is hope -- Fall 1998 (DONE) Empty Re: Love is hope -- Fall 1998 (DONE)

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:18 am

I laughed as I hugged my dad.  "I didn't miss you," I told him, smiling as I looked up to Dad.  We walked into the house and I was really hungry.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:20 am

I raised my eyebrows as I gazed at Seth.  I feigned being hurt.  "You didn't miss me?!  But Seth... I'm your dad," I said, starting to fake cry.  I set the bag down on the chair and reached for a tissue that was on the end table by the chair in the living room.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:21 am

I rolled my eyes.  "Oh, Dad, stop faking," I said, smaking his arm.  I really enjoyed joking around like this, though.  I loved hanging with just Dad.  "Do we have any food?" I asked, wanting to raid the kitchen.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:22 am

My son with the one-track mind.  Always on food.  I laughed and ruffled his hair as I walked past him towards the kitchen.  I knew we had some munchies.  I would get Seth to help me make dinner, too, while I tried to find out what hapened at school today.  I set some veggies and dip out.  "Here we go," I said, dipping a celery stick into the ranch sauce.  "How was your first day of school, bud?" I ased him, leaning on the counter looking at my son.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:23 am

Ugh... veggies and ranch sauce?  Okay, it was my favorite, but I was craving something sweet.  Oh well... I guess I was just going to have to wait for my cookie.  I shrugged as I ate a carrot.  "It was fine," I said, my mind on stuffing my face.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:24 am

"Fine?  Just fine?" I questioned, eating a radish before getting out ingredients to start making dinner.  It was early, but I wanted to marinate the salmon a little bit before grilling it up.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:25 am

I giggled a little bit a the way Dad repeated what I said.  "It was a lot of fun.  Everyone is really nice.  There's this one kid -- Adam -- he's hilarious.  Then there's this girl -- Katie... she kept trying to touch me and stuff," I said talking quickly.  I was really excited to tell Dad everything.  I swiveled on the stool as Dad moved around the kitchen.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:27 am

I could not help but chuckle once Seth started talking.  "Sounds like you have a couple of friends already," I told my son.  "Hand me te pepper, please," I added.  I thanked him when he listened.  Lemon pepper salmon was one of my favorites.  And I made everything from scratch the best I could, even though I was not as good as my mum.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:27 am

I cringed a little.  "I don't think I want Katie to be my friend..." I asnwered, trailing off.  I just did not think I wanted to be friends witha  girl.  They had cooties.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:28 am

His face was priceless.  "Don't count her out yet," I informed him.  One never did know how that would end up.  "You know Uncle Charlie and Tonks were friends when they were little," I added.  I did not make Seth call Dora 'mum'... I wish he would, but I would let him make that choice on his own.  I did not want to force the issue... Dora and I were not married yet anyways, just engaged.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:29 am

I crinkled my nose.  "Uncle Charlie was friends with Dora when they were little?  Like... my age?" I asked.  I could nto believe Uncle Charlie was friends with a girl.  He was so manly... why hang with a little girl?
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:30 am

Again, Seth and his faces were priceless.  I put the marinating fish into the fridge and turned to face my son.  "When they started Hogwarts.  They were a little older than you," I explained.  I really hoped that Seth would not be avoiding making friends just because the kid was a girl.  Hopefully if he knew cool Uncle Charlie had female friends, he would at least be nice to this Katie.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:31 am

I shrugged.  I ate some more of the veggies.  "We'll see," I said.  I was not sure if I would let Katie be my friend... but I will at least be nice to her.  I was sure that was what Dad wanted me to do.  If Uncle Charlie could be friends with a girl, I could be nice to one.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:32 am

Just to drive Seth a little nuts, I had to mention Ron and Hermione, too.  "Aunt Mione and Uncle Ron were friends in school, too," I informed my five year old.  I flashed him a grin.  "Don't fill up on those... we're going to have salmon, garlic potatoes, broccoli... it's going to be delicious."  I was happy that Seth tried everything.  He loved fish... which was great because I loved it.  I naturally made it a lot.  I think it drove Dora nuts, though.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next