Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would rather die than let you fill your heart with darkness -- Spring 1999

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

I would rather die than let you fill your heart with darkness -- Spring 1999 Empty I would rather die than let you fill your heart with darkness -- Spring 1999

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:33 pm

I wanted to know where Ayden had run off to.  I couldn't find him.  Anywhere.  He was nowhere on grounds... I was kind of starting to freak out.  I even had Jetty and Stephanie looking for him with me... and none of us could find him.  Something wasn't right here.  I finally found Stephanie again to try to figure out a new game plan because obviously the one we had was not working very well.  "Steph!  I think we need to regroup," I said, seeing the worried look on her face.  "What is it?" I questioned.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

I would rather die than let you fill your heart with darkness -- Spring 1999 Empty Re: I would rather die than let you fill your heart with darkness -- Spring 1999

Post  Stephanie Moon Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:35 pm

I had decided to double check the boys' dorm in Ravenclaw tower and I saw a note.  Ayden must have left it knowing that we'd end up looking there for him.  "Lucy... it sounds like his dad is back for revenge or something.  He left to go meet him," I said, handing Lucy the note.  I didn't know what to do... and to be honest, with Ayden already gone, I didn't think there was anything for us to do.
Stephanie Moon
Stephanie Moon

Back to top Go down

I would rather die than let you fill your heart with darkness -- Spring 1999 Empty Re: I would rather die than let you fill your heart with darkness -- Spring 1999

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:37 pm

I finished reading that note and I felt a sudden anger.  There was no way Ayden was going to be meeting with Fenrir.  I knew what this would lead to... and I was not going to let that happen.  Did I want Fenrir to pay for everything he did to my dad - in the past and just recently?  Of course.  Did I want Ayden to go up against him?  No, of course not!  I wasn't about to let Ayden do something that would change his life forever.  He was a far better man than his father... he just had a hard time realizing it.  Perhaps he thought that now that he was more wolf-like than ever, he could face his father and win.  I didn't know.  I looked at Stephanie.  "I'm going after him," I said with determination.  And that was why I was in Gryffindor.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Moon Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:01 pm

I stared at Lucy.  "Are you out of your mind?" I asked her, shaking my head in disbelief.  I knew Ayden would kill me if I let Lucy run off by herself to try to get involved in this mess.  Especially after what her father had been through the last time!  "Lucy, you can't go... he's got a huge headstart on you anyways... you'll never find them."  I had to try to through some sort of logic in her face.  I mean, I was a Ravenclaw after all.
Stephanie Moon
Stephanie Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:04 pm

Why was everyone so intent on telling me what I can and cannot do?  I crossed my arms and glared at Stephanie.  "I will always find him," I said, getting confidence.  "You can eitehr help me... or get out of my way.  Because I am going to find him.  He can't keep doing this with his father.  And someone will end up getting hurt... Fenrir is crazy.  Ayden isn't like him; I know if it came down to it, he wouldn't be able to kill his father.  And besides, I won't let him anyways.  I don't want him to darken his heart by doing something like that.  I'd rather deal with Fenrir then loose Ayden.  He is a sweet guy... he just doens't think that he can stand up to his dad.  That's why I need to find him.  Are yo uin or are you out?" I asked.  I was wasting valuable time dealing with her.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Moon Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:06 pm

Ayden was going to kill me... but I was not going to get involved with all of this.  I didn't need to get killed over this when it was clear Ayden had it under control... Lucy just wanted to help -- which I understood.  But Ayden didn't need it.  I sighed.  "I'll cover for you here if anyone asks... go," I told her.  She gave me a quick hug and she left me standing in the Great Hall.  I really hoped she knew what she was getting herself into.
Stephanie Moon
Stephanie Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:07 pm

After hugging Stephanie, I walked out of the Great Hall calmly.  There was one good thing about being a Marauder's daughter; I knew all of the hidden passageways out of the school grounds.  I was sure I knew where they'd be at... it was just a matter of getting there in time.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:09 pm

It was eerily silent on the hillside.  I had gotten everything my father had sent me.  I wasn't about to let him tear away my happiness with Lucy.  There was no way he was going to be doing that.  And he wanted me to fight him.  It was the only way to prove myself to him.  Not that I cared about that... I just cared about protecting what was rightfully mine:  my own happiness.  My jaw was clenched as I saw him walking up the hill towards me.  I knew what I had to do, I just hoped that I would be able to do it.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenrir Greyback Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Ayden stood with the sun behind him, making his silhouette seem looming towards me.  I couldn't help but smile.  We didn't need to do this... he knew what he had to do.  It wasn't my fault he was choosing the wrong side.  If you weren't with me, you were against me.  And unfortunately, my own son had chosen against me.  Now he had to pay the price.  I stopped a few feet away from him and my grin grew.  "You know, deary, all you have to do is submit to me... we don't have to do this," I told him one last time.
Fenrir Greyback
Fenrir Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:14 pm

I stayed silent and just looked at him.  I didn't understand his reasoning behidn the taunts.  He knew what side I was on, and it wasn't his.  I knew what would come of this fight... I just prayed that I came out on top.  Because if I didn't, it would mean that I failed to protect Lucy.  My father has made it his life ambition to harm her.  And that was not going to happen.  "Let's just get this over with," I said quietly.  I didn't want to deal with his smirk any longer.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenrir Greyback Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:16 pm

"You do take away a lot of the fun," I said, laughing slightly as I got into position.  "But... I suppose since you're choosing the weaker side, may as well finish this once and for all."  I growled out that last part and lunged at him, taking him off guard.  We fell to the ground as I slashed at him.
Fenrir Greyback
Fenrir Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:18 pm

I knew he would come at me, I just wasn't fully prepared.  He slashed at my clothes, but didn't hit my skin.  I threw him off of me with such a force I knew surprised him; it surprised me.  I ran towards him and tackled him to the ground, punching him and splitting his lip.  He fought dirty, I knew that.  So I was going to have to stoop down to his level to succeed.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenrir Greyback Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Throwing sand into my son's eyes gave me an advantage.  I wasn't expecting such a fight from him.  I wondered where this came from.  I threw him on the ground and heard a sickening sound of his head hitting a rock.  Aw, poor thing... I half expected him to lose consciousness, but he didn't.  If anything, that just angered him more.  I was not prepared for his strength.  He threw me over his head with his legs and was soon upon me before I could right myself.  I felt his strong grip around my throat and thought that this could not be happening.  I couldn't get him off of me, though...
Fenrir Greyback
Fenrir Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:23 pm

I reached that hillside and was almost relieved to see that Ayden was winning.  But he couldn't do this!  If he did, there was no turning back from a life like that... he would lose himself.  He would darken his heart and he didn't need that.  "Ayden, stop!" I called out, hoping that he would listen.  I had my wand out because I knew the second that Ayden relieved any pressure, Fenrir would try to gain the upper hand.  But he wouldn't on my watch.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:30 pm

I could see the life leaving my father's eyes.  Was I really winning?  Had it been that easy?  Then I heard Lucy's voice break through my anger.  I had to do this... didn't she understand?  If not, then we could never live without fear.  "Lucy... leave us!" I shouted, not loosening my girp.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next