Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's finally all over -- Spring 1999

+5
Walburga Black
George Weasley
Addison Logan Black
Dean Black
Ember Potter Black
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's finally all over -- Spring 1999 Empty It's finally all over -- Spring 1999

Post  Ember Potter Black Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:56 pm

I was making a nice family dinner.  It seemed like it had been too long to since we had had one and I was sure that Sirius would enjoy having a dinner with our recently married children.  I was so happy to have everyone alive and at least as healthy as they could be.  George had gotten a major injury during the battle, but even though he would never regain his ear, he was alright.  Elena had been badly hurt, but she healed well.  Same with Dean and Addison.  Sirius was a little off since he killed Darwin, but I did not really care... he was not my father.  Ryan Potter was.  I shook my head to clear it of those thoughts; Fletcher did not seem to mind that Marcus was dead, either.

I finished up the toss salad and I heard the kids coming in.  "I'm just finishing up in the kitchen," I called over my shoulder as I could hear Dean's big mouth.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

It's finally all over -- Spring 1999 Empty Re: It's finally all over -- Spring 1999

Post  Dean Black Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Addison and I had recently found out that we would be having a baby by the end of the year.  I could not be more excited about this.  And, to top it off, I was able to tell my dad about it after the fact that we had a decent relationship again.  I had my wife's hand in my own -- we had been talking about what to do in May for our one year anniversary -- as we headed towards the kitchen when we heard Mum's shout.  "That almost smells burnt," I teased, letting go of Addie's hand and giving my mum a hug.  I grabbed a bit of cucumber that was chopped up in the salad from behind her back and popped it into my mouth.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

It's finally all over -- Spring 1999 Empty Re: It's finally all over -- Spring 1999

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:08 pm

I had helped my husband change the gauze on his ear. It was a little while after the war. I was still changing the wrap on his ear regardless if he thought I had to do it or not. We were going to my parents place for dinner. We got there as I could hear my brother, turning to George " Apparently dean and Addison are here already." I said as I opened the door. Hearing my mother shouting from the kitchen. " How are you everyone?" I asked the house.
Elena S. T. Black Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:15 pm

I chuckled at Elena and started the round of hugs we all gave each other every time we saw each other.  I was pretty sure it was a mix of love and relief that we were all still together when so many families were ripped apart.  "I have been a bit queasy lately, but we've been good," I answered her, helping to set the table.  That was my way of foreshadowing the news that Dean and I hoped we would be able to tell tonight.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:18 pm

I learned to stop arguing with Elena about the gauze on my nonexistent ear.  She wanted to help and so I would let her, even though I was fully capable of doing it myself.  I was sure my mum put her up to it, too... they were far too overprotective.  We got to Grimmauld Place and I muttered, "I swear I could hear him within the Floo network."  Of course I was teasing, but I loved to tear the mickey out of Dean.  We walked into the kitchen/dining area and I noticed we were one short.  "Ah... and Sirius is...?"
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:30 pm

I expected nothing less when Dean stole some of the salad extras.  I gave hugs and moved the salad onto the table.  It was clear that Dean was in a fabulous mood because he was being so loud.  Him and George started to go at it a little bit, making me roll my eyes at their playful banter.  "And Sirius is still at work," I said, answering George's question though I was not entirely sure if he was even listening anymore.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:35 pm

"Just keep the chicken at the other end of the table away from Addie, please," I added, seeing Mum starting to set it down.  I knew the smell of anything meat was not agreeing with my wife.  I really did not want to have to deal with her getting sick at the moment.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Walburga Black Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:45 pm

It was time for us to get our house back... well, at least see what the ingrates did with it.  I had grown ever more bitter over the years.  That was what the loss of my youngest boy did to me when I could not find out what truly happened to him.  I looked over at Orion as we waited for 12 Grimmauld Place to appear before us.  When the buildings finished moving, we strode forward easily.  Without hesitation, I opened the door to hear so much boisterous noise.  I grimaced and followed it.  They were our family, after all, though I expected nothing less than disgracefulness seeing as they were with Sirius.
Walburga Black
Walburga Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:46 pm

Grinning as everyone was saying hi to one another. I was about to interject when I saw two people standing in the foyer. " Um...who are they?" I asked as I was reaching for my wand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:48 pm

I put a hand on Lenni's arm, more or less to keep her from reacting too much like her father.  Curse now and ask questions later.  At least she was asking, though.  I had to give her that.  "Excuse me... but what do you think you're doing here?" I asked, surprising myself slightly at the sharpness in my voice.  I had not necessarily meant to sound so rude, but it was my house after all.  "You can't just go walking into someone's house."
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion Black Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:50 pm

I strode into the house as I was about to say something when we heard noise. " It seems we have pests." I said monotonously. Looking to the group in front of us I scoffed these people must belong to our pathetic child.

Orion Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:57 pm

I raised my eyebrows incredulously.  "Pests?  That is bloody nonsense," I said, wondering who on earth these people were.  I knew that Elena and Dean were not going to keep their tongues tied, either.  Addison and George were the tossups as to how they would react.  "I'm going to tell you this nicely just the once... get out of this house.  Now, if you know what's good for you."
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Walburga Black Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:59 pm

"My god," I uttered, looking about, "it's like they honestly think we care."  I started to look around a bit, realizing that the house was not kept up to the standards that I held it to with Kreacher and all the other house elves that served the Black family.  "Clearly they enjoy living in filth..."  I ran a finger along the railing where there was a bit of dust and I looked at it with disdain.
Walburga Black
Walburga Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:01 pm

I was not entirely sure what was going to end up happening with three hot-tempered Blacks in the room, but Dean had stepped protectively in front of me.  That was when I noticed something about the two they were arguing with.  I put a hand on my husband's arm, trying to get him to focus on me so I could whisper what I thought into his ear.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:05 pm

I had finally gotten out of the office as it seemed to take me forever to get home. I was tired and hungry and I knew the kids were all coming over. Which would put me into a better mood. I had turned the corner as I waited for the house to appear. I went to the door and almost a sense of something bad happening hit me like a brick wall. That's never good. I opened the door to hear the dulcet sounds of Orion and Walburga. " Great." I muttered as I walked in behind them as I saw my family staring face to face with the people who gave birth to me. " Hello." I said. I would keep my cool hearing Ember say what she said they had already made a wonderful impression on them. " What's going on?" I said grasping my wand tightly.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next