Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My voice and heart were breaking -- 2017

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My voice and heart were breaking -- 2017 Empty My voice and heart were breaking -- 2017

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:24 pm

I really did not want to do this, but Daddy had said he wanted to do something special.  I bit my lip as I stood in the bathroom in front of my bathroom mirror.  I was wearing my hair loose around my shoulders, a dress that was as simple as could be but it was one of my dad's favorites on me.  I jumped slightly when I saw my husband's reflection in the mirror behind me.  I turned around and smiled at him the best that I could.  "Hi honey," I said.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

My voice and heart were breaking -- 2017 Empty Re: My voice and heart were breaking -- 2017

Post  Ayden Greyback Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:26 am

I smiled at her and put my hands on her shoulders.  "How are you holding up?" I asked her.  I knew that this entire thing was so difficult for her and their entire family.  Remus was always so kind to me, too.  I was glad that they were able to do something like this.  Everything was getting harder and harder... Remus was losing his battle.  I felt guilty because it was all because of my family; they did this to him.  Them and Bellatrix when she tortured him years ago.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

My voice and heart were breaking -- 2017 Empty Re: My voice and heart were breaking -- 2017

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:59 pm

I leaned into my husband and took a deep breath.  "I've been better... but this is something I am going to have to do," I said.  If I did not do this, then I would regret it for the rest of my life.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:39 pm

I nodded, putting my arms around her and trying to give her some of my strength.  "I understand... are you meeting him somewhere...?  Or is he coming to pick you up?" I tried to sound casual, but I thought that with his condition, it would be best if they stayed at either the Lupin cottage or our place.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:55 am

"He's going to pick me up," I said, though I was not entirely sure if that was the wisest idea for my dad to do.  But I would not argue with him about anything.  This could be one of the last times I saw him this healthy and sane... I pulled away from Ayden when I heard a knock on the door.  "This is it... can you get the door?  I want to compose myself..."  I took a deep breath, trying to fight my tears that came to my eyes at the idea that this was possibly one of the few times I would see him again.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:31 pm

I nodded, giving Lucy a kiss on the cheek before going to the door.  I opened it up and smiled at Remus -- the man who accepted me to marry his daughter despite my family.  I motioned for him to come in.  "She'll be down in a minute," I said to him, feeling slightly awkward.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:14 am

I heard them downstairs, but I could not quite bring myself to go down and see my dad.  I wanted this to be a good day, not a day where all I would be doing is crying.  That was not going to be okay.  I needed to stay happy and focused... I wanted to remember this as something special.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:36 am

I nodded at Ayden.  "Thank you,' I said quietly.  While we waitedf or Lucy, I looked at him.  "How is she doing?" I asked, though I was sure I kenw the answer.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:16 pm

I sighed, shaking my head.  "Not that great," I said to him honestly.  "But what else do you expect, really?" I did not mean that as an insult, but it was the truth.  She lost her mum... she was losing her dad...
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:22 pm

I coul hear the men talking down there, but it was hard to get my emotions in check.  I took a deep breath and finally got myself under control.  I started to teh stairs and to head down to where I heard my dad's comforting voice.  A voice I knew that would not be there to calm me much longer...
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:05 pm

His wors hurt, but they were the truth. I was going to say something when I heard movement coming down the stairs.  My daughter, looking as beautiful as ever, reminded me so much her mother, was coming down them.  She looked so beautiful.  I smiled at her, feeling tears come to my eyes.  "Hi baby," I said to her, offering my hand to her so she could walk down the last few steps with assistance.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:28 pm

I turned to see Lucy standing there.  She did look pretty.  I saw Remus's expression and it nearly broke my heart.  It was like the way someone would look at a loved one when they knew it was the last time they would see them.  I ended up turning away because I did not want Lucy to see me start to have tears in my own eyes.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:30 pm

I took my dad's hand and smiled at him.  When I got off the stairs, I spun arond, remembering what I did on our first date.  "Isn't the dress pretty?" I asked, knowing I may not be saying the exact words, but it was close enough.  I wanted him to know that I remembered that day as clearly a young girl could have.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:52 am

I smiled and watched her spin, what she said touching my heart.  I easily conjured some flowers, just like I did before.  "And these are yours, my pretty baby girl," I said to her, handing her a bouquet of daisies.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:48 am

I knew all of this was something that I woul have to help Lucy with when she got home.  It was going to kill her on the inside as much as it would make her feel better.  I wanted to take a picture -- even though it may be a long time before Lucy would be able to look at it.  But I knew my wife would want one.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next