Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I survive tonight, I wouldn't change a thing -- June 1998

+3
Narcissa Malfoy
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Draco Malfoy
7 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

If I survive tonight, I wouldn't change a thing -- June 1998 Empty If I survive tonight, I wouldn't change a thing -- June 1998

Post  Draco Malfoy Mon May 05, 2014 2:19 pm

How was I supposed to tell my family about what had happened?  I got Pansy pregnant.  I was a dead man.  I knew that if I was happy about it, Juniper would be happy for me.  Mother was a hard one to read what to expect from her.  Father would kill me.  And I was happy about it.  Was it when I wanted to have it happen, right after graduation and with Pansy?  Not necessarily... but I wanted the chance to prove that I could be a better father than my own.  I walked into the house a few days into summer and knew that if I did not say anything now, I would not tell them until it was too late.  "Mother, Father," I said, finding them in the dining room working on some papers it looked like.  "Could you please join Juniper and myself in the parlor?  I have some important news to tell you all."  I straightened my back, realizing that I was slouching ever so slightly and that Father would point that out before anything else.  I smiled politely at them and found my sister quickly.  "Hey June," I said quietly so Father could not hear me, "parlor with Mother and Father, please.  I've got something I need to tell everyone."  I flashed her a smile before heading into the parlor, still beating Mother and Father there.  I knew that I could not seem too pleased about this news in front of Father as he would be so angry with me.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

If I survive tonight, I wouldn't change a thing -- June 1998 Empty Re: If I survive tonight, I wouldn't change a thing -- June 1998

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Mon May 05, 2014 9:53 pm

I looked up and saw my brother give me a quick smile. I smiled back and turned my head slightly, hoping he would give me a hint but he had already left. I sighed as I stood and made my way to the parlour. It must have been important. Draco knew that when we were home, I avoided our parents as much as possible, mostly staying in my room. Now that we had graduated, I wasn't sure what I would do. I was happy that I had gotten to the parlour just before Mother and Father so I could sit in one of the chairs in the corner. I forced myself to sit straight, feet on the ground and hands in my lap, just like Father had taught us. Figuring my presents was better seen and not heard, I quietly waited for Mother and Father to be seated so we could see what Draco had to say.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

If I survive tonight, I wouldn't change a thing -- June 1998 Empty Re: If I survive tonight, I wouldn't change a thing -- June 1998

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Mon May 05, 2014 11:06 pm

I looked at my husband curiously, wondering what our son might have to tell us. I quickly organized he papers we had been working on and followed Lucius into the parlour. I hoped he would be okay with whatever Draco was going to tell us. He didn't do well with surprises, wanting to know what was going to happen and be able to deal with it before hand. I sighed as we stepped into the room, happy that Juniper was already waiting in her favourite chair. I gave her a small nod which she returned before taking my own seat, wondering what out children were up to.
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Tue May 06, 2014 5:52 am

I walked into the parlor with my walking stick and instead of sitting down, I stood by the arm of the sofa, walking stick firmly in front of me with my hands over the silver snake head.  Our son looked extremely nervous and the longer he took, the longer I had to realize that his appearance seemed sloppy, he needed to shave, he was slouching, and the nervous tick he had of running his hand through his hair constantly was not appealing to me.  "Well, go on, Draco," I prompted, not having all day to deal with his antics.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Tue May 06, 2014 7:24 am

Forcing myself to not run my hand through my hair when I saw Father's look was nearly as difficult as seeing three pairs of eyes all on me.  I straightened myself up, knowing that the disdain in Father's eyes would only worsen the more that I spoke.  I tried to ignore the way that Father was holding the snake head as if ready to attack at any moment.  I knew that was why he remained standing, in case he had to enforce any punishments - and I knew he would the minute I told them what was going on.  "Thank you, Father," I said, my voice strained.  It was hard to be on the same playing field with Father after everything that happened a year previous.  I had taken tones with my father that I had never thought I would before.  "I am going to be a father," I said blatantly.  There was no way to sugar coat it.  I just clenched my jaw and waited for the worst from them.  But I was actually excited.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Tue May 06, 2014 12:26 pm

My eyes widened when Draco broke the news but I quickly blinked them back to normal. He looked nervous, and for good reason. I had no idea what Father would do. I tried to read under the nerves as I was usually able to do with my brother and thought that he was excited. He looked at me and I gave him a small smile, hoping that some of my strength came with it, I was sure he would need it. I wasn't sure what to do in this situation. I knew Father preferred to know about things like this before everyone else so he could deal with them earlier but by the looks of it, this was the first he was hearing of this as well. I positioned myself slightly so I was ready to jump in font of Draco if Father tried anything. I decided once agin that my presents was better seen then heard and would allow the events to unfold before publicly giving my own reaction of excitement for my brother. I was going to be an Aunt!
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Tue May 06, 2014 12:51 pm

I was shocked at my sons news and knew that Lucius would not respond kindly. I just hoped he would be reasonable and not rush into anything. I glanced at Juniper who seemed fairly composed for what had just been said although that's what our children were taught. I couldn't be sure if what Draco was saying was true or if this was some elaborate joke they were playing on us. Either way, I knew my husband would be furious. I looked over at him, waiting to see how he would react before I would speak.
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Tue May 06, 2014 5:58 pm

I stared at my son -- the boy who could be trusted with many things now that he has grown up... but what was this?  My eyes were piercing as I looked at him.  Draco and I had trouble seeing eye to eye for the last year or so, but did it really come down to this?  His jaw was set and he looked prepared to take on whatever it was that would be coming his way.  I stole a glance at my daughter and saw that she had flashed him a quick little smile.  "Do you find this entertaining, Juniper?  Is this one of your little ideas to try to level the playing field -- knowing Draco would play along with you?" I asked, furious.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Tue May 06, 2014 6:16 pm

Looking around at each of them, they were reacting the way I expected.  I wanted to acknowledge Juniper more than my parents, but knew I could not do that.  I returned my eyes to them and the look on Father's face made me think that he was going to explode.  I noticed that his eyes had been on Juniper as well.  When he snapped at her, I wanted to hit him.  "What are you going on about?" I asked in disbelief, forgetting to be all proper about everything.  How could he even think he could pin this on her?
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Tue May 06, 2014 10:08 pm

I looked over at Father in disbelieve. "What are you going on about?" I asked at the same time as Draco. I looked over at my brother for a moment. If Father wanted to pin something on me, I would give him something to pin on me. I sighed as I grabbed the arms of the chair and pushed myself up. "I had nothing to do with this." I began. I decided I didn't care how I spoke, what I had to say would be said. "It doesn't matter what I say though. I don't think Draco's making this up." I turned towards my brother. Once he gave me confirmation that he was telling the truth, I turned back to our parents, "So this is it: I had nothing to do with this, you aren't going to believe me, and I'm going to get punished anyway so I just have a few things to say."  I had no idea where all this was coming from but years and years of pent up emotions were coming out and I couldn't stop it. "What I do find entertaining, dear Father, is that no matter what either of us ever did, you always blamed me. Not that I minded because that meant that Draco was going to be okay. And no matter what you say now, you are going to be a grandfather and I am going to be an aunt."

I decided I needed to turn the focuse of this conversation to me so I looked over at Draco. "Can you imagin if I had gotten pregnant?" I looked down and put a hand on my non-existent baby bump, resisting the temptation to grab a pillow and put it under my shirt. I looked over at my Father, "You would think that would be ironic right? Your disappointment of a daughter becoming pregnant?" I looked down at my 'bump' again. If I had gotten pregnant, I was sure Father would've arranged an accident for me, involving stairs. I vowed to protect whoever the mother of Draco's child might be from our Father. I had moved so I was standing in between Draco and Father. I gave a large smile for my brother that I made sure Father saw before turning away from him so I was facing Draco. I knew turing my back on Father was a huge mistake but if he were to try anything against Draco, it would have to pass through me first. I hated that I still had Father's attention on my brother but hopefully with what I had said, he wouldn't be to hard on him. "Congratulations Draco." I walked up to him and gave him a huge hug. After a few moments, I pulled back. "Who's the mother?" Of course I had a pretty good idea, but i wanted conformation.

I knew I had broken almost every rule in our book but I didn't care. It was working, I could feel our Fathers ice eyes piercing through the back of my head. I was showing my brother I could protect us just like he could.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Wed May 07, 2014 8:22 am

I was appalled by the way the children were speaking to me.  They knew better.  I took a step forward, ready to unsheath my wand.  "This is a matter between Draco and myself now," I warned in icy tones.  "I will deal with you later, Juniper.  Go to your room.  Now."  I was not going to allow them to disrespect me in my own home.  I had enough of that with the Dark Lord, let alone from my own children.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Wed May 07, 2014 8:55 am

That was enough.  I put my hands on Juniper's shoulder and pushed her behind me.  My one hand was gripping my wand, though it was not at the ready.  "Father, enough of this," I spat, matching his icy gaze with one of my own.  I killed Dumbledore to protect Juniper and I was not about to let Father hurt her.  "I am tired of you treating Juniper as if she is just a child; we are twins, Father.  Twins.  The same age.  She has gone through so much that I will not let you beat her down."  It seemed as though Father was going to interrupt me and I took a step forward.  "I am not finished, you will not interrupt me."  I was seething.  It was never enough what either one of us did.  We were still disgraced despite me being successful at the task that was handed to me because I still refused to take the Mark.  I was tired of all of this.

I looked around the room at everyone.  "Father, there is nothing to deal with.  I am going to be a father and you have no say in that.  You will not harm me, Pansy, or the baby," I warned.  I would protect that child with every breath I had to make sure that nothing happened to it.  I turned slightly to Juniper.  "Yes, that's the mother," I added, with a slight smile.  This was something to be happy about, not something to be arguing about.  I was not going to tolerate this.  I glared at my parents, just daring them to say one more thing.  I was breathing a little heavier due to the fact of having been yelling.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Wed May 07, 2014 11:42 am

I wanted to stop my husband from doing something he might regret but he wouldn't listen to me anyway. The children brought up good points but I wasn't about to say that out loud. I was still going over the fact that Draco would be a father, Pansy the mother. It would be our first grandchild. I tried not to let my excitement show although it had been short lasted until Juniper went on her rant and when Draco pushed her behind him and yelled at Lucius as well, I knew there would be no way to stop my husband from doing whatever it was he was going to do. I took a shaky breath, forcing myself not to say anything.
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Wed May 07, 2014 1:51 pm

I was proud of my brother for standing up for us but was afraid of what Father would do to him. I took a step forward as I took my wand out and held it down like Draco had his, ready if we had to fight. I was standing beside him now and took his hand. I looked at him and gave him a smile before turing to Father, hardening my gaze. "This is a family matter Father and Draco's right. We've both been through hell thanks to you and did you even try to stop any of it?" I shook my head and continued. "We aren't children anymore Father. You can't push us around like you use to. If you ask me though, we never really were children. We were forced to grow up too fast and never got to enjoy being a kid and having fun like a normal family." We were always worried about each other, hoping the other was okay. "Do you even know any of the things that happened to us because of you?" Of course he didn't, there were too many to name.

I sighed, looking at both of our parents. "I, for one, am happy for Draco. I can't wait to be an aunt!" I turned to him again with a small smile, "I can't wait to meet my little niece or nephew!" I turned my hard gaze back towards my Father. "I won't let you harm Pansy, the baby, or Draco like you would if it was me." I narrowed my eyes at a Father, daring him to doubt what I said. I didn't care what happened to me. I knew the only thing Draco ever wanted was to prove he was nothing like Father. I had attempted to reassure him many times but this would be the true test. We should be celebrating right now, that's what a normal family would do. As Draco and I once said though, we were never meant to be normal.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Thu May 08, 2014 4:49 am

I was finished being spoken to like this.  I had tried to give Draco a chance on what he needed to do with his life and he just kept screwing it up - not taking the mark, getting Pansy pregnant.  I was tired of it.  I would keep my composure, but I would be sending word to Bellatrix and Draco would be getting the Dark Mark.  There would be no more discussion about it.  And as for him and Pansy, if they would not get married, they would have to get rid of the baby.  I would not be able to have a bastard child ruining the Malfoy name.  "I am well aware of what happened to either one of you," I snapped, taking a step closer to them.  "A lot of the time I gave the word for them to teach you both a lesson -- lessons that you clearly ignored."

I stared them down and could see the horror of realization dawn on their faces.  "Draco, you will have two choices and two choices only about this whole situation.  You will either get rid of the baby by any means necessary.  Or you will marry Pansy.  If you do not do either, then expect to not be able to give that child any sort of life -- you will no longer be a Malfoy.  You will lose all chances of having any sort of money along wiht me making sure that you will not be able to support that little family of yours."  Little did Draco know that he would be taking the Mark, though.  I would be making sure he became a death Eater.  They would keep him in line.

I rounded on Juniper.  "And I am done with you, Juniper.  You have until tonight to leave this residence.  If you thought your life was so rough being a Malfoy, enjoy no longer having the perks of having a reputation or money.  I will make sure that you will not be able to get a decent career."  I was seething.  I half expected Narcissa to speak up now, too.  It would just complete the entire afternoon.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next