Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I survive tonight, I wouldn't change a thing -- June 1998

+3
Narcissa Malfoy
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Draco Malfoy
7 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

If I survive tonight, I wouldn't change a thing -- June 1998 - Page 2 Empty Re: If I survive tonight, I wouldn't change a thing -- June 1998

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu May 08, 2014 5:48 am

I was mere inches from Father's face, glad to have Juniper's hand in mine.  She was giving me the strength to stand up to father like I should have done a long time ago.  When he told us that he knew everything that was done, my blood started to boil and yet I was so stunned that it made me speechless.  He ranted to us what our punishments would be, reigning like he thought he had won.  How could he expect me not to own up to this and raise my child?  I was not going to let any harm befall someone innocent just because I was their father.  I squeezed June's hand tightly, hoping that I was not hurting her, as my other hand gripped my wand so tihgtly my knuckles were white.  He was giving me an ultimatum?  Father knew how to work me... he knew I would do anything for my family.  I clenched my jaw, not wanting to say a word about what was going to be done.  Then he kicked June out?  That was it.

"Fine.  You lose Juniper, you lose me," I spat.  "I was going to inform you during all of this anyways, but you have got to be mental if you expect me to stay living here to raise my child with you looming over me.  Pansy and I have a flat picked out -- and June is going to stay there.  Kick her out if you want.  She is always welcome under my roof."  I would not acknowledge the choices for me.  I did not care if I did not get the Malfoy money, but I did need to be able to get a job to support Pansy and my unborn child.  And I knew Father could ruin any chances of me getting a career that was good.  I would figure that out later.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

If I survive tonight, I wouldn't change a thing -- June 1998 - Page 2 Empty Re: If I survive tonight, I wouldn't change a thing -- June 1998

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Thu May 08, 2014 12:53 pm

I couldn't believe what my husband was saying. Threatening our unborn grandchild if Draco and Pansy didn't get married and kicking Juniper out? "Lucius." I began, but it was all I could get out, I wasn't sure what else to say. Then Draco started talking, it sounded like he and Pansy had already talked and were looking at places to live together. He offered to take in Juniper for which I was grateful. She may be a handful sometimes but my husband went too far when he kicked her out. Juniper seemed to be on the verge of tears with the roller coaster of emotions she must be experiencing. I wanted to give her a hug but that would be a mistake. As always, I just sat back and watched what was going to happen.
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu May 08, 2014 1:45 pm

I was sure the blood drained from my face when Father said he knew what had been done to us. I felt like I was becoming the little girl I had been and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I only heard the general idea of Draco's ultimatum, marry Pansy or lose the baby. Then he turned to me. In one minute I went from being a Malfoy to being kicked out of the house and being disowned by my family. I shook my head slowly as tears formed in my eyes. I couldn't help it, things were happening too quickly, for both Draco and I, and I couldn't control my emotions that well.

Then Draco spoke up for us, always knowing the right thing to say to help make me feel better. He squeezed my hand, hard. I didn't mind though, the weight of his hand on mine was the only thing keeping me from losing it entirely. He was going to take me under his wing, like he always had. I looked over at him, tears falling down my face and threw my arms around his neck. "Thank you." I whispered. I had a place to call home, a real home, with him, Pansy and my niece or nephew, whenever the baby was due. No Mother or Father. That thought brought back a memory from long ago, one I hadn't dared to think about for a while now. I pulled back slightly and a smile came out through the tears as I looked up at my brother. "This is our Happily Ever After." I said, "We didbelieve in it enough." I knew Draco would know what I was talking about. It would be different from what we planned, no Australia and adding in Pansy and the baby but we would be away from our parents grasp and that's what Happily Ever After was really all about. I knew it would be hard work, with Father threatening both of our career choices, but we had gotten through everything before together so why should this be any different? I was determined to work hard to show how grateful I was to my brother and his new family for taking me in. I would start looking for my own flat as soon as I could but for now, I had a home.

I took a shaky breath and turned to Father, not bothering to wipe away the tears or to fully pull away from Draco yet. I knew I couldn't do this without his help. "I knew you hated me Father, but I never thought you hated me enough to kick out your own daughter for stranding up for her and her brother." I shook my head again. I wanted to address Mother but she had nothing to do with this. Although, that was part of the problem. Here she was, siting right in this room, and the only thing she could say was Fathers name. "I'll help Draco and Pansy raise their baby. I will protect them all from you. I will not let you hurt any one of us anymore."
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Thu May 08, 2014 4:48 pm

I glared at the children, ignoring Narcissa completely.  "I do not understand why you are still in my sights, Juniper.  You are to leave us.  At once," I emphasized, resisting the urge to hit either one of them at the moment.  My eyes flashed to Draco.  "You have a week's time.  Your choice, Draco.  We are finished here."  I spun on my heel and I left the room.

When I got into the study, I pulled out a quill and piece of parchment and wrote to my sister-in-law.  The time had come.  We would force Draco to do what should have been done long ago.  As for Juniper, if she was not gone by the morning, no being on earth would be able to help her.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu May 08, 2014 5:25 pm

I wanted to follow Father out to continue this fight -- more or less because I wanted to punch that smug look right off of his face.  I let go of Juniper's hand and grabbed one of the trinkets off of the shelf and threw it at the door that just closed.  "Fuck him," I spat, shaking out of anger.  I took a couple of deep breaths before even looking at either Juniper or Mother.  I already knew what I would do; I needed Father's approval so I could have hopes of getting a decent job to raise the babies.  My gaze moved to Juniper; I was not entirely sure if I wanted to see MOther's reaction to all of this.

"I s'pose you're right," I said with a slight smile playing at my lips.  "But, I have to be honest, things may get a tad crowded... it's not just one baby.  We're having twins."  With Father out of the room, I could actually show my happiness about everything.  I knew I would have to go face reality with him and do as he said, but as for that moment I was going to be happy about being a dad and already having their best interests at heart.  Our happily ever after... I never thought it would come true -- even in any amended version than the one we always joked about.  

I sighed, knowing that I had to acknowledge Mother.  I looked at her and walked over to sit next to her.  "I'm sorry, Mum," I said quietly, taking her hand in mine.  I never knew how she tolerated Father the way she did.  "I hope I haven't disappointed you with everything that I've done in the last couple of years... I'm hoping to be a better man - one you can be proud of again."  I wanted to add one that would no longer be a murderer, but I figured I should leave that out.  "This turned into something far bigger than I ever expected it would, but it was all probably for the best.  It's been a long time coming, a fight like this."  I looked at her, trying to read her reaction to everything, but I never could tell with her.  She hid her emotions well; it was where I got my strength and ability to hide my own from.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Fri May 09, 2014 1:23 pm

I looked between my two children. I understood how they thought we were not proud of them, particularity Juniper. We've never gave them any reason to but I was going to rectify the situation as best as I could. "Draco I am always proud of you....you too Juniper." I looked over at my daughter who was now siting down. She didn't ever glance in my direction. "I know it's hard to believe and I'm sorry it's been this way." I smiled at my son. "I couldn't be happier for you Draco. Twins, just like my twins." I looked between the again as I sighed, "I felt this was alway going to happen as well, I was just waiting for when."

I let go of Draco's hands, stood and walked towards Juniper. I knelt in front of her. "I am so sorry for everything you've been through Juniper. I hope you can forgive me someday and that I can make it up to you somehow." I waited to see if she would say anything. When she continued to look away from me, I nodded. "I guess I deserve this." I stood once more and started towards the door. Before I left the room, I turned back. "I'll talk to him about this Juniper. I'll see if I can get you some more time."

I made my way to the study where I saw Lucius go. When I got there, I saw he was writing a letter. "Who are you writing to dear?" I needed to take this slowly. There would be no way I could convince him to let Juniper stay until Draco left in his current state.
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri May 09, 2014 1:30 pm

When Draco left me to talk to Mother, I was still shaking and couldn't stand on my own. I sat in the chair I had been in earlier but I pulled my legs up to my chest and hugged them. I didn't care anymore. When Mother mentioned my name I turned away. She came over and knelt in front of me. She talked to me but I didn't listen and I still didn't look at her. She walked away a few moments later and left after attempting to convince me she would talk to Father about extending my stay in hell. "Good luck." I muttered.

Once Mother was gone, I turned to Draco. "I guess your twin messed things up pretty bad hu?" I said with a shaky breath. I wiped the tears from my face. I shook my head, if I hadn't gone on my rant, we wouldn't be in this situation. I wanted to turn to more happy matters. "Twins, mini us." I smiled and thought of a miniature me running around. "If they are anything like us, don't let Father near them." I knew he wouldn't and I was only half joking. "When are they due?" I took a shaky breath. I didn't want to talk about my impossible time line set by Father, how was I supposed to move out by tonight? "Where is your place?" I began. "I don't care how big it is, it'll be better then here. Are you sure Pansy will be okay with me being there? I can help with the twins once their born. Do you need any money to buy the flat? I don't have much but what's mine is yours." I was ranting again, trying to distract myself from what was going to happen tomorrow when I was still here. I had no where to go and no hope of being gone by tomorrow. I bit my lip and looked Draco in the eye, tears threatening to fall once again.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Fri May 09, 2014 6:31 pm

I ignored Narcissa until our eagle owl had taken the letter away, on its way to Bellatrix.  I turned around.  "It is to your sister," I said to her quietly.  "Draco is going to be a father; it is time he start acting like an adult.  There is no escaping the fate of his he has with the Dark Lord.  And he will wed Miss Parkinson at once.  I know he'll make the right choice in that matter," I explained, knowing that my wife would probably protest to Draco becoming a Death Eater.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Fri May 09, 2014 7:05 pm

I had smiled slightly when Mother assured me that she was always proud of us.  It would not kill her to say it more often, but I understood why she had to be careful.  We all had to be with Father around.  I watched Juniper as Mother spoke to her, knowing that my sister had a million things running through her mind now.  When Mother left, I went over to Juniper and knelt down in front of her, taking Mother's place.  I put a hand atop of hers.  "You didn't mess anything up, June.  I knew this would turn into something horrendous just because it involved Father," I assured her in hushed tones.  I smiled at her, just thinking of the twins made me smile.  Was this what it was like to be a loving father?

"They're due in December," I answered her.  "We've kept it a secret for a couple of months not wanting the other students thinking they could do things or anything like that."  I sighed and shook my head.  I was not entirely sure if Pansy would be completely okay with Juniper living with us, but I knew she would not argue with me.  And that reminded me too much like Mother and Father's relationship; in this instance, I did not care too much.  "Don't worry about money or anything, June.  We've got that covered.  As of right now, it's unfurnished because we haven't moved in yet.  But it is in our name... you could be there tonight with my help."  I took hold of her hand and squeezed it, comforting her the best I could.  "It'll be okay, Juniper.  You'll always have me... and I'll always make sure you make it through whatever obstacle is standing in your way."  I saw the tears in her eyes and I wanted her to know that I was always here for her.  I had done so much to make sure that Juniper was okay, I was not about to let Father stand in the way of her being her own person or anything else for that matter.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Fri May 09, 2014 11:04 pm

I took a shaky breath as I forced myself to keep my emotions in check as I had taught myself to do so long ago. It wouldn't help anyone for me to yell at Lucius right now but I was furious at him for doing something like this without at least telling me. "Do you really think that was the best idea given what just happened?" I asked my husband slowly. "Draco will still fight against this, even if you do force him." I reminded him. "Juniper won't take this sitting down either." I'm sad to say it took me far to long to realize how strong our daughter was and still is. She and Draco had protected each other over the years, sometimes nearly to death, and I knew the bond they shared would only grown when they move out and lived together. I was glad that Draco offered to let her stay with him until she was back on her feet. I didn't want to think of what Lucius would do to her if she stayed here much longer or to our grandchildren if they lived here with us once they were born.
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sat May 10, 2014 9:23 am

I closed my eyes and sighed. Of course Draco would know what was eating at me before I even did. I realized that, despite how they treated me, without my family, I had nothing. Draco said he would always be there for me, no matter what. It was exactly what I needed to hear. We would get through this. I opened my eyes and looked at him, tears threatening to fall. "He did this to us." I reminded him, "He probably volunteered you to kill Dumbledore and sent Aunt Bellatrix to attack me." I shook my head. I just had I get that out of my system.

I thought of the babies and nodded. The twins were going to be born in December. "Maybe your twins will be more the opposite of us." I said, thinking of our summer birthdays. I smiled at him, "I know my twin will protect them from anything. He's going to be a great father." I assured my brother. I was so happy that something good was happening to Draco, even if we had to get through yet another rough patch before hand. "I'll pay for what I can. I'll get a job." I said remembering Fathers promise of me not having a good career, "if I can." I nodded, agreeing with myself. "I'll do the chores to earn my keep until I find my own place." I wanted to make sure they knew I wasn't going to take advantage of them for their generosity.

"Tonight?" I asked with a shaky breath, " I can....tonight?" That was my deadline. I knew Father wouldn't be pleased if I was still here when the sun can up in the morning. I took my hands back from Draco and stood up. I paced back and forth as I bit my nails, something I only did when it got really bad. "You need to come too." I said, "I don't want to know what Father will do to you. You got Pansy pregnant and helped me." I turned to him. "Come with me. Tonight." I pleaded. "It'll be just like we always planned." I'd lost hope in Happily Ever After when Draco confirmed it would never happen. It was happening though, in some way or another. "You have to come with me." I looked into his blue eyes again, knowing mine were full of fear. It was the only way I knew he would be safe.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Sat May 10, 2014 4:41 pm

I swallowed and clenched my jaw, not wanting to think about what Father forced to happen to us.  Juniper was most likely correct in her thinking, however, that Father wanted me to murder Professor Dumbledore to try to get him back into good graces with the Dark Lord.  I pushed those thoughts out of my head; now was not the time to be focusing on that, I had to help Juniper.

I stood up when she did, smiling slightly at the way she was going on about helping.  I did not care and I knew Pansy would not.  She was my sister and there was no way that I was going to let her not have some place to go.  I could barely believe that Juniper said that I would be a good dad.  I was glad that one of us thought so.  I knew I was going to fight so hard to be a better father than my own, but I was fearful that I would just follow the example set for me.

It was a two bedroom flat -- something we figured would be good while the kids were young and until we could move into something bigger.  I sort of hoped that Mother and Father would do something for me, but I did not want to continuously count on them to support me, either.  I looked at Juniper.  "I'll have to come back here," I said quietly.  "I will have to finish this with him."  I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.  "Let's go to your room and pack up what you need -- only what you need as of right now.  I'll do the same in my room.  We can seal your room so only one of us can enter it until we can finish moving all of your things -- which I can do when I come back to deal with everything."  I was making the game plan, knowing that if Juniper tried to move more than the essentials, then it could end in disaster.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sun May 11, 2014 5:37 am

I stopped pacing and looked up at him with wide eyes when he said he was going to come back here. I shook my head. "No." But I knew what he said was true, he would have to come back and finish off what we started today with Father. I didn't care if I only could being the essentials but I was really worried about what Father would do to Draco when he did come back. "I'll come back with you." I said suddenly. I looked at him. "We started this together and we'll finish it the same way. This is my fault." I knew Father would be furious if he ever saw me again, particularly here, but I wasn't about to let Draco deal with him on his own, not when part of the reason he was so angry with us was because of me.

I started pacing again, biting my nails even harder, some of them had started bleeding I bit them too short. "We'll leave tonight and both come back later this week, once Father had a chance to calm down." I knew that time wouldn't really change anything with Father, but I hoped Mother might be able to talk him down a bit. I nodded at my plan, hoping Draco was on board. It was the only way I would be leaving here today, no matter how furious Father would be at me.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Sun May 11, 2014 8:07 am

Narcissa Malfoy wrote:I took a shaky breath as I forced myself to keep my emotions in check as I had taught myself to do so long ago. It wouldn't help anyone for me to yell at Lucius right now but I was furious at him for doing something like this without at least telling me. "Do you really think that was the best idea given what just happened?" I asked my husband slowly. "Draco will still fight against this, even if you do force him." I reminded him. "Juniper won't take this sitting down either." I'm sad to say it took me far to long to realize how strong our daughter was and still is. She and Draco had protected each other over the years, sometimes nearly to death, and I knew the bond they shared would only grown when they move out and lived together. I was glad that Draco offered to let her stay with him until she was back on her feet. I didn't want to think of what Lucius would do to her if she stayed here much longer or to our grandchildren if they lived here with us once they were born.

I raised my icy stare to look at my wife.  She was going to rise against me as well?  I loved Narcissa, but she was foolish to think she had a say in what happened between me, Draco, and the Dark Lord.  "It was what should have been finished the day he succeeded in his task," I informed my wife matter-of-factly.  "And as for Juniper's say in the matter, she has none.  When it comes down to her brother, she had no right in any matter.  Draco will see that his choices have consequences that he must live with."
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Sun May 11, 2014 8:59 am

I stepped in front of Juniper and grabbed her hands when I saw some blood on her fingers.  I looked at her, trying not to laugh at the fact she thought the entire thing was her fault that was going on between me and Father.  "I will give you credit for getting yourself kicked out, June, but the ultimatum that Father gave me was my own doing.  It's not like you were the one that impregnated Pansy," I said, the smile finally playing at my lips.  "This was bound to happen between Father and I ever since I was given that task last year... I finally found my voice and he didn't like it."  I sighed and let go of Juniper's hands, though I would watch her to make sure she did not continue biting at her nails.  "I just need to figure out if I am able to keep Father out of this no matter what... but if I can't get a decent job to support them... I have to do what he says still."  It was not entirely bad to marry Pansy, she just was not the woman I expected myself to spend my life with.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next