Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Don't We Just Dance -- Summer 1996

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why Don't We Just Dance -- Summer 1996 Empty Why Don't We Just Dance -- Summer 1996

Post  Dean Black Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:37 am

Boredom does not suit me well.  I meandered over to the Lupins lake... figuring perhaps someone would be out there.  It was a beautiful day and I was hoping for something to do once I got there.  I saw Lucy tanning on the beach, listening to the radio.  I walked over to her and plopped down next to her, taking off my shirt so I was just in my swim shorts.  I laid down beside her.  "Whatcha up to?" I asked.  I didn't enjoy sunbathing... but I figured I could bug her enough for us to go do something.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Why Don't We Just Dance -- Summer 1996 Empty Re: Why Don't We Just Dance -- Summer 1996

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:41 am

I didn't bother opening my eyes for Dean.  I clearly knew who it was.  "I'm just relaxing," I answered, figuring that I was soon to be done doing that.  I knew the tone that was obvious in his voice... he was bored and wanted someone to get into trouble with him.  I really didn't feel like doing that.  Last time we went off together we ended up sneaking into an entire summer course of ballroom dancing with a bunch of Muggles... though it was loads of fun and I bet we still remembered everything we learned, they almost freaked when they realized that neither one of us paid for the class.  I hated to be put on the spot like that.  But Dean's smooth talking and the fact that he looked older than what he was got us out of there without getting into trouble.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Why Don't We Just Dance -- Summer 1996 Empty Re: Why Don't We Just Dance -- Summer 1996

Post  Dean Black Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:45 am

I sighed.  "That just sounds like a waste of time," I said, looking over at her.  I knew she was purposely trying to ignore me.  Which was just not going to do.  "C'mon, Luce... let's go do something."  She was my go-to gal to get up and get going somewhere.  As much as she'd deny it, she loved our little summer adventures.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:01 am

I rolled over onto my stomach and propped myself on my elbows and looked at him.  "You're going to need to be more specific if I'm to stop relaxing to go do something," I informed him.  I knew this was what he wanted... and I hated giving guys what they wanted -- even if they were family... especially when they were family.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:06 am

I knew I had her on my hook... now I just needed to secure it.  "Well... up in the little village with the muggles is a big town dance,' I suggested, wiggling my eyebrows at her.  I lovd showing off our dance moves.  And she was the only one I'd dance like that with.  I loved dancing with ADdison... but I didn't let loose like I did with Lucy because I wanted to impress.  And besides, Addison didn't know how to do a lot of the ballroom moves.  That's what I enjoyed doing... it was fun.  And yes, I was a dork.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:16 am

I groaned slightly.  "You are going to get us in trouble again like last summer, aren't you?" I asked.  I was kind of excited to show off some moves, though.  Dean and I were a good pair for that.  And we both know that we enjoy showing off... No.  I would not be that easily persuaded to go and get in trouble.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:33 am

I knew I was getting her to go with me.  "We didn't get in trouble though... I think almost is the key word you left out," I said to her, shaking my head.  "You Lupins need to loosen up.  Now ar eyou in or not?"  I was antsy.  I wanted to go dancing.  End of discussion.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:38 am

He was such a pain.  "I'm in.  But it's in th emiddl eof the afternoon... I doubt that the dance isn't until tonight.  S I think I'll go back to relaxing," I explained, moving to lay back down on my back to get my stomach more sun.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:38 am

I stood up and blocked the sun.  I kep tmy arms folded and waited for her to open her eyes and look at me.  We needed to warm up.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:41 am

I groaned and opened my eyes.  "What?" I questioned, glaring at him playfully.  He was going to make me get up now... I just knew he was.  So much for an afternoon of suntanning.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:47 am

"you know what," I replied, bending down and grabbing her hands.  I pulled her onto her feet and turned up her radio.  It didnt' matter whta type of music we listened to... we just needed to listen to th ebeat a little bit and then add the moves.  We were just awesome like that.  The tune tht was on right now was definitely a cha-cha.  Which was one of Lucy's favorites because she could use her hips.  I just grinned at her and we started in like we've been pros for years.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am

I shook my hips and we moved together and it probably seemed like we were grinding or something.  But we were just having fun.  The song ended and we were laughing by that time.  I was still holding Dean's hands and grinned at him.  "We're naturals... it's like we didnt' even need to practice," I said, grinning.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:48 am

I grinned at her.  "Yeah, but practicing is entertaining..." I told her, taking her more towards the water's edge.  "This way we can have fun splashing around.  I don't know about you but that sand was almost burning my feet."  More or less I wanted an opportunity to toss her in the water if I got the chance.  It woudl be entertaining.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:26 am

I had a feeling that that wasn't hte only reason for the move, but it was more entertaining dancing in the water's edge.  I grinned at Dean.  "Why don't we try that one dancing leap thing that we had seen last year?" I suggested.  I knew he woudl catch me.  And if he didn't... I'd hurt him.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:21 pm

I grinned at her.  "Do you trust me?" I asked her. It would only work if she did.  I didnt want her to back out at te last minute just because she didn't think I'd catch her.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next