Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm just looking out for my baby girl -- Summer 1996

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm just looking out for my baby girl -- Summer 1996 Empty I'm just looking out for my baby girl -- Summer 1996

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:19 pm

I wanted to have a few words with Ember about who she was interested in.  Sirius just started living with us after having ran away from Grimmauld Place, but I wanted to lay down some rules with my daughter.  I loved Sirius like a son... his actions just showed me that he was not a boy that I wanted my daughter to fall in love with.  I found her in the study and walked in, sitting down next to her.  "Honey, can I have a few words with you?" I asked her, hoping that she would not push me away.  She was in those interesting teen years, after all.

Last edited by Ryan and Tabatha Potter on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

I'm just looking out for my baby girl -- Summer 1996 Empty Re: I'm just looking out for my baby girl -- Summer 1996

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:48 am

I looked up from my book and smiled at my dad.  "Yeah," I said simply, wondering why he was acting so hesitant.  Dad and I always had a pretty open relationship - well, on most things except for those feminine issues.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

I'm just looking out for my baby girl -- Summer 1996 Empty Re: I'm just looking out for my baby girl -- Summer 1996

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:51 am

I sighed, wondering how I was going to go about this rather touchy subject.  "Alright," I said to her.  "It's about your... well, your relationship goals."  This was going to get extremely awkward for me.
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:17 pm

I looked at my dad and sighed.  "What do you mean?" I inquired, figuring he was going to talk about Sirius now that he was living with us.  Probably some new rules to make sure that we would behave ourselves... if anything were to happen, that is.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:45 am

I sighed.  "Honey," I said slowly, "I just think that... with SIrius living with us, you need to not be... how did your mother put it? -- stop crushing on him."  I really hoped that Ember would not do what a lot of girls did and explode at me.
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:56 pm

I stared at my dad, wondering why he was talking about my love life.  "You can't tell me what I can and cannot feel, Dad," I said to him, trying not to sound really mean or anything.  I knew that DAd was just looking out for me... but I did not need him to about this.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:06 pm

This was going to turn south very quickly.  "Ember, I'm not necessarily trying to tell you what to feel... I'm just saying that you should be careful.  He's just... he likes to go aroudn with a lot of other girls.  I don't want you to get hurt is all."  I hoped that I was explaining myself well.
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:30 am

I raised my eyebrows at my dad incredulously.  "Dad, I'm not stupid," I said to him simply.  "I know what Sirius does... but it's no different than James."  He had to realize what my brother did.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:43 am

I sighed.  "He is very different from James," I pointed out to Ember.  "Mainly in the fact that he has seemingly stolen your heart and doesn't even care."  
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:40 pm

I could not believe what my dad was saying to me.  "He hasn't stolen anything," I said, glaring at the man who I never thought would speak to me like this.  "Dad... in case you haven't realized, I have had other guys hanging around and that I was interested in.  But your son all made them go away!  It's not my fault that the only one who stays around is Sirius.  It could just be lack of options."  Of course, I knew it was not.  I really did fancy Sirius more than I should.  But my dad did not need to know that.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:01 pm

I really did not want to hear that, but she was just trying to make her point.  "I know your brother is a handful when it comes to you trying to grow up,' I said to her, "but he's just trying to protect you."  At least, I hoped that was what it was all about.  
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:55 pm

Of course Dad would side with James!  I groaned in frustration and then got up, pacing the floor so I would not throw something.  "Dad, don't do that!" I said at him, trying hard not to yell.  "Don't put James up on the big brother pedestal.  I hate when you do that."
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:01 pm

I was startled by Ember's tone.  I sighed and realized that she was right.  I did always put James on the big brother pedestal more often than not.  "Ember, I'm sorry," I said to her honestly.  "But sometimes... us guys... we just don't know how to handle our love for some of the most important women in our lives."  I smiled at her, hoping that I was softening her back up.
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:32 pm

I hated when Dad wanted to be all sweet like that.  It always lessened my resolve to be angry with him.  I sighed, but kept my arms crossed.  "I know, Dad," I said to him, my voice softer than it was earlier.  "It doesn't make it fair," I added, pointing that out ot him.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:58 pm

I smiled at her and put my hand on her shoulder, unsure if it was safe to give her a hug yet or not.  With the Potter women -- even though Ember was not a Potter by blood -- one had to tread carefully.  "I know it doesn't," I assured her.  "But you have to try to give us a chance to prove that we don't mean to be compeltely bullheaded."
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next