Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm slipping off the edge, hanging by a thread -- Early Fall 2008

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I'm slipping off the edge, hanging by a thread -- Early Fall 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm slipping off the edge, hanging by a thread -- Early Fall 2008

Post  Addison Logan Black Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:57 am

I looked over at the kids who just seemed perfectly fine that they had their dad awake and that he told them he loved them.  I shook my head at Dean.  "It's just us right now," I said.  "Kids... why don't you kiss Daddy and go over to the other part of the room with the toys," I suggested.  They had a lot of stuff in the room to keep them occupied.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

I'm slipping off the edge, hanging by a thread -- Early Fall 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm slipping off the edge, hanging by a thread -- Early Fall 2008

Post  Sedona Black Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:59 am

I stood up and gave Daddy a big kiss.  I waited for my brothers and led the way over to the toys.  Mum closed hte curtain partially behidn us.  The probably wanted grown up time, so that was okay.  I just hope we would be able to see dad shortly.  He was finally awake!
Sedona Black
Sedona Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:02 am

I sat back down after closing the curtain slightly and grabbed a damp cloth to wipe the sweat from Dean's forehead.  He was clammy but was clod to the touch at the same time.  "Honey, you're going to be fine," I tried to assure him.  I felt horrible with how everything went down.  Why ddi Dean have to go through this?  HE ha already done somuch!  And gone through too much as well!  He had three young children who needed him... I needed him.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:04 am

I shook my head the best that I could.  "The truth.  The facts," I sputtered.  I felt like I had been run over by the KNight Bus at least four times over.  Plus attacked and nearly killed by monsters.  I just needed Addison to be straight with me right now.  I knew it would be hard... but I knew I was bad; I felt it.  I just wanted to knwo the odds.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:07 am

I watched the ids for a few precious moments.  "You have a pulmonary edema.  One lung is completely filled with blood.  They don't knwo if they can fix it.  You can't be put under because you're respiratory system is not funcitoning properly -- obviously.  You're on the strongest Morphine right now and it's obvious you're still in pain.  They say your body is slowly shutting down.  You have a serious back injury as well... which we have no idea the damage it has caused."  I took a deep breath and looked at Dean.  "But with you awake, things could turn around."  I had to hope.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 am

I pursed my lips trying to keep from moaning in pain... but then it felt like LI could not breathe.  I would try to fight this, but it felt like the battle was already lost.  There was no way for me to pull back rom this.  "I love you," I whispered to her.  I did not necessariliy want to say goodbye, but I wasnot sure how much longer I could keep my eyes open.  I was feeling dizzy... probably lack of oxygen.  "Promise... you'll let go," I said.  I wanted to make sure she would focus on herself and helping the kids... I might not be there to watch them grow up.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:11 am

Tears sprung to my eyes as I looked at my husband.  I saw the light fading.  I kissed him and whispered, "I love you, Dean."  I could nto promise him what he wanted me to, though.  I pulled away and heard the heart monitor stop where ti was a constant sound.  I dropped to the ground and my kids ran over to me confused.  Sedona went to climb into the bed, but I held onto her so the Healers could try to help dean.

I pulled Stan and Ryan close to me as well.  I wanted Lenni, Sirius, and Ember there... but I could nto move.  I knew they had to wait for me to stop fighting for him.  But could I?  I did not promise him that, but it was whta Dean wanted.  I shook my head.  I was about to say something to them when his heart started back up again.  I felt relief flood through me.  He was going to make it... maybe.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2