Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scared to death -- Winter 2002

+17
Parker Weasley
Quinn Weasley
Percy Weasley
Jacob Weasley
Victoria Weasley
Lily M. Evans Potter
Molly Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley
Arthur Weasley
Fred Weasley
Elena S. T. Black Weasley
Ginny Weasley
Ron Weasley
Nymphadora Tonks
Bill Weasley
Charlie Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
21 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Scared to death -- Winter 2002 - Page 2 Empty Re: Scared to death -- Winter 2002

Post  Bill Weasley Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:59 am

I had a hand on Charlie's shoulder.  "I'll do what needs to be done," I said to both of them.  "They can test me.  See if I'm a match.  How long for results?" I questioned.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Scared to death -- Winter 2002 - Page 2 Empty Re: Scared to death -- Winter 2002

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:00 pm

I looked at my brother.  "I-I dunno," I said.  "It was only a couple of days for two tests."  I could not believe that Bill was going to jump in and help my daughter like this... I would owe him everything if he were able to do this.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:58 pm

I pulled away and looked at Bill.  "You would really do this for her if you're a match?" I asked him.  I did think about asking family, but I knew that it was a lot to ask someone to do... especially since everyone had kids of their own.  There was risk in having the surgery done.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:00 pm

I smiled at both of them.  "Of course," I said.  "When the healer comes back out once Quinn is stable, I'll have him start testing me.  If I don't match, you best believe any of us would try to help her," I assured them.  I was speaking for the entire family, but I knew none of us would want to see Quinn leave us.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:01 pm

I hugged my older brother and we waited for a little while before the doc came out.  We told him what we were planning, he took Bill to run some testes while Des and I went to Quinn's room.  It broke my heart to see our little girl in the hospital bed hooked up to machines like that.  It had been tough enough to see her during treatments.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:16 pm

I sat down next to my daughter and took her little ehand in mine.  "It happened so fast... I haven't let anyone else know," I said, my voice a little hoarse from crying.  I knew everyone would want to know what was going on.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:19 pm

I squeezed Desdemona's shoulder.  "I'll send word to everyone," I said.  I left the room adn went to do just that.  I told them Quinn was okay for now and stable.  They did not have to com erigh taway, but I just wanted to let them know.  I made sure Quinn's other three godparents -- Will, Lucy, and Tonks -- knew what was going on.  We did not plan on having any more kids, so we wanted to make sure that we had all the people we wanted to be godparents.  She was lucky she got four.  I sent my patronus and figured it would be only a matter of time until everyone showed up in the waiting room and things got crazy.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:26 pm

I came out rolling down my sleeves.  They drew some blood from one arm and some skin from my other.  "Hey Charlie... how are you doing, mate?" I asked him seeing that his stress levels were extremely high with this.  I ddid now know what I would do if I was in his shoes... which was why I would do whatever I could to help him.  Besides, I knew he would do the same for Seth if he ever needed it.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:31 pm

I poured myself some cofee and took a sip.  I looked at my brother and sighed.  "Well... I don't know if letting the family know whill make me feel better or more anxious.  You know how Mum can be," I said, trying to laugh.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:37 pm

I knew what he meant.  "Quinn will appreciate the kids, though.  She'll like all the attention, too," I told him, trying to help Charlie feel better.  Along wiht thinking that it might cal everyone down.  "Don't worry... the family will definitely make you feel better.  Did you say anything about what I'md oing?" I really wanted to tell Dora myself.  It was kind of a big deal to be giving up a kidney if able and going through surgery.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:43 pm

I shook my head.  "No use saying anything until we know exactly what is going on," I explained.  The next twenty four hours will be horriblle until we get the results from Bill's tests.  Maybe we should test others at the same time if they were willing?
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:52 pm

I put a hand on Charlie's shoulder.  I started to steer him towards his daughter's room.  "Let'sjust go in there and be with your beautiful girls, okay?  Everything will work out."  I did not necessarily want to give him false hope, but I needed him to calm down.  He would end up admitted himself if he kept this up.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Nymphadora Tonks Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:25 am

I had been cleaning up the house when I had got word from Charlie. I dropped everything I was doing and got my butt to St. Mungo's in which I rushed over and hugged my bestfriend and his wife. " What can I do?" I asked them. When I asked that Charlie seemed to get more strain on his face. I know that look. " I'll do it." I said simply. I knew it was something. After being friends with him for so long I didn't need to be told what it was.
Nymphadora Tonks
Nymphadora Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:14 am

I looked at my brother and saw that he was about to break down.  I would handle taking care of telling everyone exactly what was going on and might need to be done.  I put my arm around Dora and lead her out of the room.  I knew I would be repeating myself so much the next hour while everyone got here.  "Neither one of them are able to give Quinn the kidney she needs -- it's a complicated reasoning behind it.  I already went to the healer and he's running the tests now to see if I'm a match.  But if I'm not... it'd be best if we got as many of us who are willing to get tested.  The healer said that with it this bad... Quinn's on borrowed time," I explained quietly, my voice catching a little bit.  She was my little niece and she was so young.  We should not have to do this, but alas... here we were.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:30 am

I had walked in when I heard Bill talking about what was going on to Tonks -- even though they were married, I still called her that.  "I'll get tested, too," I said, not wanting to startle them by just jumping into the conversation.  But I knew that any one of us would do the same for mine and Hermione's kids and anyone else's in the family.  We were not going to lose Quinn if there was anything us Weasleys had a say in the matter.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next