Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I really feel the way I feel? -- March 1980 (DONE)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do I really feel the way I feel?  -- March 1980 (DONE) Empty Do I really feel the way I feel? -- March 1980 (DONE)

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:29 am

I decided I would go see Dad.  It was not too long after Ember had her close call with Dean.  And my brithday was close, too.  I knew Dad like dto do something.  But I was worried about him.  With how happy everyone finally was, I wanted to help make sure my dad was happy.  I was really concerned about him.  He has spent his whole life helping me, caring for me... pretty much everything had been about my furry little problem. I walked in, knocked slightly, and called out to my dad.  "Dad?  Where are you at?" I called.  I made my way to the living room hoping to find him.

Last edited by Remus Lupin on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Do I really feel the way I feel?  -- March 1980 (DONE) Empty Re: Do I really feel the way I feel? -- March 1980 (DONE)

Post  Jonathan Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:31 am

I heard my son's voice just as I was getting in.  I had been visiting a friend... well, she was going through a divorce and I was helping her.  We had met awhile ago during a separation... we had gotten close then.  But there were circumstances and she ended up going back with her husband.  Now with the divorce, we were getting quite close again.  I nearly walked into my son.  "Sorry, Remus," I said, giving him a hug and leading him back to the living room.  "Happy birthday," I added with a grin.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Do I really feel the way I feel?  -- March 1980 (DONE) Empty Re: Do I really feel the way I feel? -- March 1980 (DONE)

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:33 am

I hugged him and followed him back to where I came from.  I was eyeing my dad.  "Thanks," I said, still looking at my father's attire.  "Dad... you're looking rather spiffy," I pointed out.  I was rather curious.  Perhaps I need not be worried about my dad being happy after all.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:35 am

Of course Remus would not miss anything.  I laughed and shook my head.  "Not for any particular reason," I lied.  Of course it was due to seeing Cathleen.  It was horrible what she was going through, especially with her young daughter.  But sometimes things worked a certain way for a reason.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:35 am

I raised my eyebrows at my dad.  I definitely smelled cologne, too.  It was the middle of the afternoon.  He could not be on a date... but I saw all the signs that it was.  I even noticed that he trimmed his beard.  "Dad... you were on a date, werne't you?" I questioned.  I really was curious.  I was definitely no longer concerned about his happiness.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:37 am

I was not completely sure if Remus was upset, happy, or just curious.  "It wasn't a date, Remus.  I'm just helping a friend go through a divorce.  It's been hard on her and I've been helping her," I explained.  I had never told anyone about our fling when she and her husband had been separated four years or so ago.  But that was what was causing the divorce.  She had been honest with Robert and he flipped out.  They had not been together so it had not been cheating, but apparently it was in Robert's eyes.  I could see why... the timing was extremely close to the birth and pregnancy of Penelope.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:38 am

I was not too sure about that.  "Dad, you are wearing cologne!  It was a date," I informed him.  I am guessing he has not been on one in years... so perhaps this was a foreign concept to him.  I bet his lucky lady thought it was a date.  "Why is she going through a divorce?" I asked.  I stood up and moved to the kitchen to make some tea.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:39 am

I followed Remus and ran a hand through my hair.  "They had separated a handful of years ago... and now it's finally gotten to the point of not working," I explained, not tht I needed to explain myself.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:40 am

I leaned against the counter as I waited for the water to heat up.  I crossed my arms as I eyed my dad.  "Why did they stay together if they ended up getting a divorce anyways?" I asked.  I felt like there was a bigger story here and he was not telling me.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:42 am

My son always was curious... now I wish he was not asking so many questions.  But there was no way I could lie to Remus.  "They have a daughter... so she tried to make it work," I answered, hoping that he would not keep pressuring.  He would end up finding out I lied to hi years ago.  Back in the Hogwarts days, he had asked me if I regretted never finding anyone... and always taking care of him.  It had been hard then, but it was just a separation so we did not want the whole world to know.  Then she found out that she was pregnant.  The timing was questionable, but we both thought it was Robert's so she went back.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:43 am

I nodded, understanding a little bit.  "Well... how are things going with the two of you?" I asked, pouring our cups of tea.  We moved back to the living room.  I sat down and looked expectantly at my dad.  I raised my eyebrows at him.  "Spill," I pressured.  He had sparked my curiosity.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:44 am

I laughed and took a sip of tea.  I could not believe my son was pressuring me about my dating life.  It was hard to comprehend.  "Thangs are going well," I confided.  I was amazed that Remus wanted to hear about everything.  "It's a little difficult right now since she's dealing with custody," I explained.  There was a lot here.  I hoped that the two of them could come to a civil agreement... for Penny's sake.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:45 am

I was not sure if it were appropriate for them to be getting involved right now, but I was glad to see my dad this happy.  I still felt like there was more to the story.  "Dad... were you two ever involved before?" I asked.  I was extremely intrigued by everything.  I wondered that only due to the reason of how close they were already.  It seemed like there was history there.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:46 am

And there it was.  The question I hoped he would never ask.  I took another drink before answering.  "Yes... when she was separated,"I replied.  "But we ended it; she found otu she was pregnant with her husband's child.  So we ended it due to wanting to give her marriage a chance for the child's sake."  I knew what it was like not to have a family; it was tough on Remus.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:47 am

It all made sense.  Dad had a small bout of being depressed.  That had to be the reason why.  I smiled at my dad.  "Sounds like you're both happy now, though.  Have you at least kissed her?" I asked, hoping he had.  I noted how happy Dad looked.  So he better at least be ggetting a kiss even if the divorce was not final.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next