Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They should have seen it in your eyes -- August 1975

+2
Ember Potter Black
James Potter
6 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

They should have seen it in your eyes -- August 1975 Empty They should have seen it in your eyes -- August 1975

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:51 am

I knew how finding out she was adopted hurt Ember and I wanted to make sure she was okay.  It was my job as her big brother.  We only had a few days left before having to get back to Hogwarts.  I thought it would be brilliant for me to talk to her, so I went up to her bedroom.  I knocked on the door.  "Ems?" I said.

After waiting a bit, I opened her door.  She was not there.  Great.  I was trying to be nice and she was ruining it.  I went downstairs and passed the bathroom when I heard sniffling.  I stopped and knocked on the door.  this had to be her.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

They should have seen it in your eyes -- August 1975 Empty Re: They should have seen it in your eyes -- August 1975

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:06 am

Remus and I both agreed to end things, but that did nto mean that it was easy.  This summer had been phenominal.... and he helped with everything so much.  And we learned so much about each other.

I wiped my eyes and heard a knock.  "Give me a minute... honestly," I said, exasperated by my brother.  any time I wanted by myself he always showed up and ruined it.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

They should have seen it in your eyes -- August 1975 Empty Re: They should have seen it in your eyes -- August 1975

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:09 am

I rolled my eyes.  "Ems... everything okay?" I asked, rather timid.  I Just wanted to be a nice older brother -- to help her realize that I cared not that she was adopted.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:15 am

James' tone surprised me.  I opened the door.  "I'm fine," I said to him simply.  I was not going to get into any of this with him.  He did not need to know about me and Remus.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:19 am

I put my hands on my sister's shoulders and pulled her out of the bathroom.  "Ems, you don't need to cry about this," I said to her gently.  "You're still my sister."
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:23 am

I was a tad confused when James started talking, but he gave me the perfect excuse for my tears.  Of course I was upset about not really being a Potter and being lied to, but still... not the real reason for my tears at that particular moment. 

"Oh... I can't help it," I said, not completely lying.  I could not help but cry over Remus and the breakup.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:25 am

I pulled Ember into a hug.  "You know it means nothing, right?" I said to her.  "Sirius and Remus and Peter are like family to me.  They aren't blood."
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:28 am

I chuckled sadly.  "LIke family," I pointed out to James, "but not quite."  Great, now I was going to start crying over the adoption on top of hte break up.  I was a bloody mess.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:37 am

I shook my head.  "Ah, but you didn't let me finish," I added.  "They may only be like family because my family is already full.  I have one bothersome sister that takes care of every spot that they could take."
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:47 am

I raised my eyebrows at James.  "that got away from you a bit," I told him, walking out of his arms.  I was glad he gave me a hug... even if he did not know what he was comforting me for.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:56 am

I sighed.  "Ems, will you stop being difficult," I complained.  so much for me helping her.  I did not ahve the patience when she got like this.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:59 am

I grinned slightly, kind of surprised by that fact.  "I'm ont being difficult,' I told James quietly.  "I was just telling you that you suck at this."  I had no idea why I never thought of James to at least sort of help with everything I was feeling.  He could not know about me and Remus, but at lesat he could pu ta smiel on my face.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:01 am

I rolled my eyes at her.  "Well, a simple thanks would have worked," I told her playfully.  "I just want you to stop beating yourself up over the adoption and stuff.  All it means is that mum and dad chose you.  You may be more special than me." I Hated -- really hated -- to admit that part.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:04 am

I thought about that for a moment.  With a smile sitll on my face, I said, "Yeah... they definitely would not have chosen you..."
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:06 am

My eyes narrowed slightly at her.  "So you're saying that you're the chosen one?" I said.  what did I just create?
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next