Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're all stories in the end -- Spring 1991

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We're all stories in the end -- Spring 1991 Empty We're all stories in the end -- Spring 1991

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat May 17, 2014 9:34 pm

It was my last year at Hogwarts.  It was my time to give guidance to the underlings on the team.  More or less, I wanted to talk to Oliver about what I planned on telling McGonagall.  I found him sitting in the Great Hall with a Quidditch magazine on the table in front of him while he munched on some sweeets.  I sat down next to him.  "Hey Oliver," I said, looking over his shoulder to see what article he was reading at the moment.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

We're all stories in the end -- Spring 1991 Empty Re: We're all stories in the end -- Spring 1991

Post  Oliver Wood Sat May 17, 2014 9:35 pm

I was a little startled by Charlie. I had not noticed him sit down.  "Oh, hey," I said, smiling at him.  "Nervous about NEWTs?" It was his last year so he was definitely worrying about them, I bet.  But he might be more concerned about going for the Quidditch Cup in a couple of weeks.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

We're all stories in the end -- Spring 1991 Empty Re: We're all stories in the end -- Spring 1991

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat May 17, 2014 9:36 pm

I chuckled.  "Not really," I asnwered.  "With wanting to go to the Reservation... not many do I need to be fantastic or anything."  I brushed my curly hair away from my eyes.  I needed a trim for sure.  "But I wanted to talk to you about Quidditch," I explained, getting to the point.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Sat May 17, 2014 9:37 pm

I looked at him.  "Oh great!  I have some different maneuvers that I thought of and sketched out.  Wanna see them?" I asked. I was among the many who thought Charlie was mental for not continuin to play the game professionally.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat May 17, 2014 9:37 pm

I chuckled and knew I made the right decision.  I knew it would not be decided upon until next year, but I hoped McGonagall would at least think about my suggestion.  I put a hand on his shoulder.  "Nah... you keep 'em for the team next year," I told him.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Sat May 17, 2014 9:38 pm

I was a little downtrodden.  Even if he did not always use my dieas, he normally listened to them.  "oh... okay," I said not sure why the captain next season would want to use my ideas.  They woudl probably have all their own new ideas for the team.  They just better not run us into the ground.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat May 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Shaking my head, I smiled at him.  He was going to go mental when I told him what I hoped would happen next season.  "Well, you know how Mc loves me?" I asked.  Okay, love may be too powerful of a word, but still.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Sat May 17, 2014 9:39 pm

I laughed and shook my head.  "I don't know about that, but go on," I prompted.  His excitement was contagious, though.  I felt we both looked like fools sitting over here grinning.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat May 17, 2014 9:40 pm

I readjusted the way I was sitting so I could look at him square on -- my legs were on either side of the bench now.  "It won't be official until next school year, but I'm going to tell Mc that you should be her number one option for captain," I told him.  The look on his face was completely priceless.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Sat May 17, 2014 9:41 pm

I felt my jaw drop slightly.  "What?" I asked.  "She'll really take your opinion?" I was not too sure about that.  "Oh... and don't let her hear you call her Mc.  She got really angry the last time she overheard you a few days ago."  I knew she definitely would not take his opinion if he angered her.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat May 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Well, he was right.  I lowered my voice slightly; she nearly gave me detention last time.  "I think so," I replied honestly.  "She listened to Bill's opinion about me taking over.  And I doubt it was just because he was my brother."  At least I Hoped she would.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Sat May 17, 2014 9:42 pm

I grined.  "And you'd really put in a good word for me?" I inquired.  I was touched that Charlie thougth so highly of me to try to help me get captain.  I knew that he and Bill both treated me like a younger brother -- sometimes more so than they treated Percy to be completley honest.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat May 17, 2014 9:43 pm

I nodded at him and clapped a hand on his shoulder.  "of course.  I dont think anyone else would be better to take care of my team," I assured him.  No one was so devoted to helping the team win as much as Oliver -- and he was not even captain yet.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Sat May 17, 2014 9:44 pm

I really was truly honored.  "this really means a lot, Charlie," I said.  It was awesome.  "But of course it isn't official yet."  I did not want to get my hopes up.  it would nto be decided for nearly six months.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat May 17, 2014 9:45 pm

He was right about that.  "yeah... but Mc will listen.  You're the oly one I'd trust with the team now," I informed him.  "You put almost more work into devising game pans than I did -- and I'm the captain.  Mc--Gonagall," I finished her name due to her walking past where we were, "sees that.  She pays attention to allt hat stuff."
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next