Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will always be your baby -- Summer 1991

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I will always be your baby -- Summer 1991 Empty I will always be your baby -- Summer 1991

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:14 am

Well it was time to break the news to the family.   I really should tell Mum first... but I wasn't sure if I would be able to do that.  Perhaps I'd tell her last.  No, no... that woulnd't do.  I went downstairs and naturally found Mum in the kitchen.  I also saw George sitting at the table.  "Georgie, do you mind leaving so I could talk to Mum?  Then I'll let you know when I'm ready to go practice some Quidditch moves with you and Fred if you want.  And bring the other two if you'd like to play an actual game or something," I offered.  I figured that would get me time without interruptions.  And I could tell them while playing, too.  Dad was at work, so I'd have to wait to let him know.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

I will always be your baby -- Summer 1991 Empty Re: I will always be your baby -- Summer 1991

Post  George Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:16 am

My face lit up.  My brother always had excellent pointers.  e all got to play on the Quidditch team this past year at Hogwarts wiht Charlie being the quidditch captain.  We won the cup, too, which was awesome.  "Sounds good.  I"ll see about Ron and Ginny, but I know Fred and I will be waiting for your call," I said, walking out of the kitchen.  I debated listening in, but figured I should behave slightly.  I'd go let Fred know then we both could listen.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

I will always be your baby -- Summer 1991 Empty Re: I will always be your baby -- Summer 1991

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:17 am

I looked at my mum and started helping her cut the vegetables for dinner.  Mainly, I didn't want her to have the knife.  "So... I declined the few quidditch teams that offered me a position on the team," I told her, chopping away.  I was sure I'd get reprimanded or something.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:21 am

I stopped seasoning the beef we were making for dinner. "You did? But Charlie... those were excellent opportunities," I said. I didn't think I had to explain all of this to Charlie. Fred and George yes.... but not Charlie.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:22 am

I sighed.  She sounded so snippy about it.  It made me extremely nervous.  "Well, it's due to accepting a different offer," I explained, trying to be patient with her because of hte way she was talking to me.  I figured that she sounded like that due to the lack of motivation from the twins.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:23 am

I glanced over at Charlie. "Really? I thought you wanted to play quidditch," I said, putting the meat and the vegetables Charlie chopped up in a pan. We were going to have a pot roast for supper.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:25 am

I guess I did a great job pretending to want to continue in that direction.  I washed my hands and grabbed the folder that I put on the counter with all the information.  "Well, not exactly.  I have all the information here for you to read.  Just do it in order," I added.  I tried to place them in an order that would break it to her as easily as possible.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:27 am

I put the roast in the oven. Taking the folder, I sat down. I felt my mother-hen instincts rise as I read through this. I set it down on the table and just stared at him. He as going to go chase dragons?! What as I going to do with my boys? First Bill, now Charlie. As much as I would deny it, Charlie was my baby. "why a dragon keeper, Charlie?" I questioned.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:30 am

I sat down beside her and said, "Because I want adventure.  Mum, I've been planning this for a couple of years.  One thing that may not have been obvious until now, Bill and I are so similar.  We love you guys obviously.  But this type of family domestic life isn't for us.  We're more like a wild like animal compared to domestic."  I sighed and ran a hand through my curly hair.  "I want this so bad... sooner rather than later.  You have no idea how much I'll miss you and everyone Mum," I assured her.  The tears in her eyes were going to bring some into mine as well.  I took hold of her hand to reassure her hte best I could.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:33 am

"Why something this dangerous? Bill's job isn't even this dangerous! Charlie... I don' like this at all," I told him, trying to hide my tears. I could be supportive of so much... but to risk his life for no reason? Even Bill's job just wasn't this dangerous... he didn't risk his life.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:39 am

I really had hoped she would be more supportive like she seemed to be with Bill.  "Mum, don't make this harder than it has to be.  I really want this," I told her.  I knew I was repeating myself, but I needed her to know how much this meant to me.  I wanted her support and to know she was proud of me.  I didn't want to leaveon bad terms.  I'd feel horrible if I left without her support.  I was going to go no matter what she said to me, though.  It would just be easier to have support.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:41 am

I saw Charlie pleading with me with his blue eyes for me to understand for me to do so. "Charlie... I'm your mother... I will constantly worry," I explained. "As much as I'd miss you, you moving to Romania is not my biggest concern. I am so happy you'll be going on the adventure you have dreamed of... but why does it have to be dangerous at the same time?" I askehim.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:43 am

Well at least she was trying, I had to give her that.  I took hold of her hand and squeezed it, trying to reassure her again.  "Mum... you don't need to be so worried.  They will give me plenty of training before I really do a lot," I assured her, trying to help her feel better.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:44 am

I chuckled a little bit. "Well, I realize that, Charlie... but it doesn't make me lik ethis," I informed him. My determination to fight this was diminishing. I was wanting him to be safe... but I knew this was what he wanted and I was not going to stand in the way of that.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:44 am

I grinned at mum and hugged her.  I knew that look even if she tried to hide it.  "thank you," I said, glad that she was going to be able to handle this.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next