Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As long as you live in the past, you can never imagine the future -- Early Spring 1991 (DONE)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

As long as you live in the past, you can never imagine the future -- Early Spring 1991 (DONE) Empty As long as you live in the past, you can never imagine the future -- Early Spring 1991 (DONE)

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:11 pm

I was finally getting into where I could work in the field with an official partner and everything else.  I was glad that I was getting out of all the training at work.  It was about time in my opinion.  They told me that both me and my partner were newbies, so we would not get a ton of work together without another agent checking in on us.  But since we were both top of our class, they were not concerned.  I checked my watch and wondered when my partner would get there.  I looked up when someone said my name.  It was Annette Rameses from Hogwarts.  I had not seen her sine we graduated, but I knew that she was going to be working as a curse breaker as well.  I just would have never guessed that we would be partners.  "Annette!" I said, going over and giving her a hug.  I could not believe it.  I knew we would not train together for the first few months because they wanted us with senior agents, but this was great.  We worked well together in our NEWT classes at school, so I knew we would be fine together here as well.  "Looks like we're going to be partners yet again," I said, chuckling as we made our way to where we needed to go to start our day.

Last edited by Bill Weasley on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

As long as you live in the past, you can never imagine the future -- Early Spring 1991 (DONE) Empty Re: As long as you live in the past, you can never imagine the future -- Early Spring 1991 (DONE)

Post  Annette Rameses Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:18 pm

I laughed and shrugged.  "I'm perfectly okay with you being my partner," I told him.  "I was really worreid when they said I'd have another rookie as my partner... sometimes they aren't that great or don't want to work very hard.  I know you... you will definitely succeed and work your butt off."  I really was glad that I had Bill as my partner.  "Did they not tell you who I was beforehand?  You seem genuinely surprised."  They had told me right away that my partner was Bill.  I was relieved instantly.
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

As long as you live in the past, you can never imagine the future -- Early Spring 1991 (DONE) Empty Re: As long as you live in the past, you can never imagine the future -- Early Spring 1991 (DONE)

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:20 pm

I shook my head.  "Nah, I guess they wanted to surprise me," I said, shrugging.  I was not too concerned about it.  I was just grateful that it was someone like Annette.  She would definitely be a phenomenal partner.  She always worked hard in school, so I knew here it would not be any different. 

It was the end of our workday and we were both beat it seemed.  I looked at her and smiled.  "Well, was that anything like they trained you in house?" I asked.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Annette Rameses Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:23 pm

"Not at all.  I'm guessing it was completely different on the field for you as well?" I questioned, wiping some sweat and dirt off of my brow.  I knew this job was going to be dirty... but I guess I did not expect that.  I looked over at Bill, realizing something.  "You're over here all by yourself, aren't you?" I asked him.  I at least had my family.  I was comfortable in Egypt.  My father was Egyptian and so half of my family was here... we visited as much as possible and my last four years of school, I lived here but traveled to England so not to switch schools at all.
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:33 pm

I nodded, agreeing with her.  That was nothing like how they prepped us while in training class.  It was ridiculous... but so much fun.  I could not believe it!  I smiled at her and nodded.  "Yeah... I left everything behind and moved here.  It's definitely worth it... but sometimes I can't help but wonder if it was at too high a cost," I answered.  I mean, I lfet my entire family back in England.  And Tonks... I left her.  I loved her and I just left.  I think I was afraid at how much I loved her.  I knew it would take me forever to move on from her... if it ever happened.  Maybe I would just end up alone or something.  I tried to keep in touch with everyone from home, but I was sure that I would drift apart from even being friends with Tonks.  Maybe that would be for the best, though.  She could move on that way, too.  I definitely did not want to hear about if she got another boyfriend.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Annette Rameses Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:42 pm

"Yeah, I understand.  Did you break up with Tonks or are you two trying the whole long distance relationship thing?" I asked, grabbing some water when we walked into the office building where we had to finish inputting just a small amount of paperwork.  I offered a bottle to Bill as well -- they were supplying us with them, why not take one?
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:49 pm

I thanked her for the water and took a big drink beefore answering.  "We decided to end things... it's just easier that way.  I figured if we stayed together, the long distaance would end up breaking us up anyways.  So we may as well do it on our own terms.  We're going to try to stay friends and stuff," I said with a shrug.  I did not see myself ever not talking to Dora now, but then again, it may be better for both of us to not talk to each other.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Annette Rameses Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:55 pm

I nodded, understanding completely.  We stayed quiet as we finished the small amount of paperwork with our job and as we left, I figured I would may as well offer.  "Would you like a homecooked meal?  I'm guessing you haven't had many of those since moving here.  O course, it would all be ethnic, but friends and family are always welcomed at my parents' place.  It won't be weird or anything, I swear.  But the offer is there if you ever want to have a good meal," I told him with a smile.  I knew that some people might think that an invitation of a date or something, but it really was not. I  just wanted him to know he was welcomed somewhere.  He was my partner now... he would probably end up eating there at one point or another.  We'll be spending every workday together.
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:59 pm

I smiled at her.  "Oh, no... that sounds like it would be fantastic," I said, not looking forward to what I had planned for dinner:  nothing spectacular and probably take out.  "You would be saving me from eating out for the umpteenth time.  I'm not the cook in the Weasley household... that was Charlie.  He could make anything and everything... me, well, I hate to say it... but I depended on my mum's cooking.  Now I'm completely lost," I said, laughing and shaking my head at myself.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Annette Rameses Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:13 pm

I could not help but laugh at him.  "Wow... you're definitely going ot have to learn how to fend for yourself ther,e Bill," I teased.  I took him to where I lived.  I was still with Mum and Papa because I could not afford to live elsewhere at the moment.  I walked in and I heard quite a few people.  "See what I mean?  Everyone is always invited to the Rameses household," I said quietly as I walked into the dining room that was set up pretty much like a buffet.  I gave my parents a hug and almost forgot to introduce Bill.  "Oh, wow, everyone this is Bill.  He's my official partner at work.  Bill... this is everyone.  I doubt you'd remmeber half of them... so I'll let them get to know you better if they want," I added, laughing.
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:15 pm

I laughed and had to agree with Annette.  I probably would not remember half of them.  And to be honest, I probably would only be able to pronounce even less than that.  Ethnic names got me... I was getting better now that I was living here, but still.  I felt horribl efor mispronouncing my coworkers names sometimes.  "Nice to meet yuo, everyone... this smells delicious!" I said, following suit of Annette and piling food onto my plate.  This all just looked so much better than any takeout I could have gotten.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Annette Rameses Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:23 pm

I was so glad that everything was just easy going tonight.  Sometimes it was nothing like this.  I showed Bill where to sit and started telling him different things so he would not be completely lost.  "Only about half of them understand fluent English.  My mum grew up in England, so she's great with it, obviously... and so is Papa.  Some of the rest only knwo bits... basically enough to know if we're talking about them or not," I added wiht a smile as I ate.
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:38 pm

I ended up getting myself seconds because it tasted so good.  I ended up staying to play some of their games that they apparently normally have.  I could not believe the fun I had and how easily I fit in.  Annette was right, this was definitely an easy going environment.  I loved it.  It was starting to get late, though, so I had to bid goodnight to the household.  I was glad that Annette walked me to the door.  "This was awesome, thank you so much for inviting me.  It definitely beats me having to eat out.  And it looks like your mum wants to make sure I don't go hungry," I teased, holding up the bag of leftovers she sent home with me.  I thought that was such a mum thing to do... really made me miss my own mother, though.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Annette Rameses Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:50 pm

I laughed and shrugged.  "Bill, you're welcome at any time you don't feel like burning something or eating out," I joked, giving him a playful shove on his shoulder.  I enjoyed tonight a lot and I was glad to hear that Bill did as well.  "Well, I'll see you at work tomorrow..." I sort of trailed off.  How inappropriate would it be for me to just give him a hug or a small kiss?  Probably very.
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Well, here went nothing.  It had been about six months since Dora and I ended things... I should attempt to move on, shouldn't I?  I just was not sure if I should be doing it with my partner, but hey... gotta take risks sometimes.  I tilted my head down and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.  "It was a lovely evening.  Goodnight and see you in the morning," I said to her.  And with that, I left her standing there pondering what just happened and I Apparated to my flat.  I figured that this was just the way to do things.  It was innocent enough that if she wanted to ignore it, she could.  But also had enough meaning behind it that if she wanted to pursue thing she could.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next