Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Start of Something New - September 1991

2 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Start of Something New - September 1991 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Start of Something New - September 1991

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Wed May 07, 2014 1:55 pm

"That would be amazing!" As we continued to walk, I kept looking around, making sure we wouldn't run into Draco. I was sure he wouldn't approve of me going into the kitchens, no matter what. I tried to think of something to keep up the conversation. "What's you favourite meal of the day?"
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

The Start of Something New - September 1991 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Start of Something New - September 1991

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Wed May 07, 2014 2:33 pm

"Hmmm.. I think I will have to say dinner. How about you?" I ask as we started down the stairs.
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Wed May 07, 2014 11:53 pm

"Breakfast." I said easily, "The start of a new day, it means anything is possible." I looked over at her and smiled. I liked new days, it meant that maybe today I could make my parents proud of me, maybe today I wouldn't be the disappointment. That hasn't happened yet but I could hope. "Who showed your sister how to get in the kitchens anyway?"
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Thu May 08, 2014 1:54 am

"Um I am not too sure... Though I think it was probably her best friend, Charlie and her who found out how." I answer. I purposely left out the fact that it was one of first things you learn as a Hufflepuff, living right near the kitchen and all. This was a secret we weren't supposed to tell how we found out. Professor Sprout said we could bring guests with us, as long as it wasn't after curfew and that we didn't tell how we knew. "This way" I say leading us down a hallway that ran right between the stairs and the entrance to the Great Hall. "The teachers private entrance to the Great Hall is just up here. So you know in the future, just in case" I smile.
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu May 08, 2014 11:46 am

"I'll keep that in mind." I said as I looked at the door she had pointed out. I could tell she was leaving out details about how she knew about the kitchens but I wasn't going to press her for answers. I knew what it was like to hide part of something and I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable. "I don't think I ever really knew this hall existed." I turned in a circle as I continued to walk forward, taking everything in. Maybe I would show Draco later, as long as I didn't mention the truth about how I had found out, we would be good.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Thu May 08, 2014 12:37 pm

"Well my common room is off this hallway, which is why I know its here" I wink. "This might be a stupid question, but what are houselves like? I haven't met one yet. I know they mostly reside in the kitchens here, but they do our laundry too... I have been trying to see one since we arrived, but I keep missing them."
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu May 08, 2014 1:04 pm

"It's not a stupid question." I said with a small laugh. "They're really cool. Nice and kind," I began, I thought of our family's house elf, Dobby, "Always willing to serve. Sometimes they can be funny too." I looked over at her, "You'll love them! Just, please be nice to them." I thought of some of the things that Father had made Dobby do when he had made a mistake. I shuddered, pushing it out if my mind. I hoped that one day Dobby could be free but I knew Father would never let that happen. I sighed as I continued to follow Cassie.

Last edited by Juniper Renee Malfoy on Sat May 10, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Thu May 08, 2014 1:22 pm

"Of course I will be nice to them" I smile. "Thank you for telling me about them. I guess I will find out for myself now" I say stopping outside a portrait of a bowl of fruit. I reached up and tickled the pear with my fingers. The portrait opened up revealing the kitchen. I begin to go inside.
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri May 09, 2014 12:40 pm

I followed her inside and looked around. "Wow." The kitchens had 5 large rectangular tables set up in an identical way to the Great Hall. I saw a fire place on the other side of the room and more house elfs then I could've imagined walking around doing various jobs. "I'm definitely bringing my brother here." I said absent-mindedly as I turned on the spot to look behind me.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Fri May 09, 2014 12:44 pm

"This is amazing" I said in agreement. The house-elves were so cute, with their short statures, big,pointy ears, and their big eyes. At Junipers comment about her brother, I smile "just remember to bring him during the day. You can get in big trouble being out after curfew" I warn her gently.
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri May 09, 2014 8:12 pm

I nodded with what Cassie was saying. "I will." I promised. Draco and I didn't usually go out after curfew. We were both scared of what Father would do if we were caught. I was still looking around and noticed some of the house elfs were making their way towards us.

Last edited by Juniper Renee Malfoy on Sat May 10, 2014 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Sat May 10, 2014 1:14 am

I noticed the elf too, so I bent down and said, "hello there. What's your name? My name is Cassie and this is Juniper" I smile at the elf. The elf bent low enough for her nose to touch the ground. "Pots is at your services Missy Cassie and Missy Juniper. What can Pots makes for you?"
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sat May 10, 2014 12:17 pm

I looked over at Cassie, forcing the tears back that threatened to fall. Pots reminded me of Dobby so much. I hoped Father wasn't being too hard on him. Sometimes I could convince Father that it was my fault if Dobby did something wrong and we would both end up getting punished but he wouldn't be punished as badly so it was worth it. "Cassie and I missed lunch." I began. "I wouldn't mind some left overs if it easy for you." Pots nodded her head vigorously, "Yes Missy Juniper, of course it is. And you a Missy Cassie?" Pots asked turning towards Cassie
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Sat May 10, 2014 9:35 pm

"Could I have the same please. Also, i was wondering if you had any vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting? If you don't thats ok." I smile. "Oh yes, Pots makes cupcakes herself. Pots will bring them after yous finish eating lunch." She then shooed us to a smaller table in the corner.
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sun May 11, 2014 9:51 pm

Once we had taken our seats, Pots went to grab our lunch. "Thank you." I said, not sure if she heard me. I turned to Cassie, "Nice dessert choice." I said with a smile. "What do you think of house elves now?"
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next