Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Start of Something New - September 1991

2 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Start of Something New - September 1991 Empty The Start of Something New - September 1991

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:18 am

I was sitting in one of the many hallways of Hogwarts. I'm pretty sure that I am seated closely to the library, but I couldn't quite be sure. I heard movement coming down the hallway and glance up. Walking down the hallway was my transfiguration partner, Juniper or something, I think. Putting my book in my bag I got up and shouldered it.

"Hey wait up!" I called out as she passed me. I jogged a bit to catch up. "You're my transfiguration partner right? I'm Cassie" I smile.
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

The Start of Something New - September 1991 Empty Re: The Start of Something New - September 1991

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:37 am

My eyes widened as I looked up at my partner. "Umm...hi...I'm Juniper." I pulled the books I was holding closer to my chest, knowing I couldn't just run away like I wanted to. Being her partner, I had been expecting this for a bit but it didn't prepare me for the encounter any more. "How are you?" I sensed she was nice but that didn't make me any less scared.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

The Start of Something New - September 1991 Empty Re: The Start of Something New - September 1991

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:07 am

"I'm good. It's a bit weird though, not being home and all. How are you? Do you like being in Slytherin? My Mum was a Slytherin, but my Dad a Hufflepuff, as was my sister. Is your family a mix too? Or all Slytherin?" I blushed realizing I was rambling. "Sorry for talking your ear off. Its a nervous habit" I say biting my lower lip.
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:13 am

I gave a little laugh at her last comment. "That's okay." I was the opposite, I claimed up when I was nervous. She had asked about my parents houses, she didn't know who I was. I realized she was waiting for a response. "Ummm, you could say I was born into my house." I didn't want to bring up my family in case she did recognize the name so I changed the subject. "How are you liking it here?"
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:11 am

"It's really magical here. Well obviously, but its even better than how Dora explained it! Dora is my sister. We grew up in the muggle world kinda, since dad is a muggleborn. Mum is a pureblood though, but her family disowned her. I think my mum said that she had two sisters, so I could have cousins at this school without even knowing them." Oh man, here I go still rambling. Nervously I looked over to Juniper to gauge how she was reacting to my verbal diarrhea. "So do you have any siblings? Are they here at Hogwarts?"
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:43 am

I gave a little laugh, like this girl more and more every time she spoke, until she asked about my family. i nodded to her. "I have a twin brother." I answered. "He's in Slytherin as well." I quickly thought of a topic change. "How do you like Professor McGonagall?"
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:50 am

Due to my nervousness, I didn't really focus on the fact that she didn't say her brothers name. "Oh she is so awesome! I mean, she can turn into a cat without a second thought! That is my dream, to be an animagus. I have been reading up on it, since my sister mentioned what it was about a few years ago. I feel like Professor McGonagall will be a strict teacher, but a fair one, especially if you are respectful and pay attention" I grin. "How about you? What do you think about her?" I ask as we end up turning the corner; as I had suspected earlier, the library doors were just ahead of us to the right.
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:02 am

I nodded in agrement with what she said. "I think she's pretty nice and I think being an animagus would be neat but I it's a lot of work i hear. Worth it though I think." I looked her up and down. "What would you be, as an animagus I mean. What animal would you want to be?"
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:19 am

"It is a lot of work from what I have read. I have thought really hard about what I would want to be, and if I got to choose, I would probably say a Pegasus. Pegasi are so beautiful, in the fact that they can run and fly. To me they represent nature and freedom. I think it would be great to be able to fly and just see the world." I grin. "How about you? If you could be any form of animagus what would you be?"
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:00 pm

I pretended to think about what I would be, but I knew that wasn't an option. It wasn't part of the plan my father had for me. I concentrate on finding a way out of answering questions about myself. "Ummm....I think I'd be a cat. I like cats." I saw ther perfect out and started toward the library. "Do you want to work on our essay?" If we were in the library we couldn't talk about ourselves as much and do our homework.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:15 pm

"Cats are cool" I smile gently. After hearing her suggestion to work on their essay, I knew that she was trying to stop my overtalking. Obviously personal topics were not supposed to be talked about. I don't know why I thought she would be different than other students. Is it too much to ask for the ability to make one friend? Juniper seems nice, but maybe I scared her off with my overexcessive talking. It wouldnt be the first time nor the last. But I put a smile on my face and dont show my inner feelings. "Right the essay was what I wanted to talk to you about anyways."
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:54 pm

I smiled and led her to a table in the middle of the library, greatful for the topic change. I felt bad since she seemed nice but I couldn't risk her finding out anymore about me. "Do would want to make a schedule so we can work on things together?" I put my books down on the table and sat down.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:19 am

"Yeah sure, if you want to of course" I smile as I join her at the table, sitting across from her. I pull out my books I will need. "How are your other classes going? Any you don't like so far?"
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:43 am

I smiled at her, classes, I could talk about. "I'm liking them for the most part. I can't really pick a favourite yet though. Do you have a favourite?" I was interested in what she had to say as far as class were concerned since she had said that she'd grown-up in the muggle world.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassiopeia Tonks Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:49 am

"I agree, its hard to choose yet. Most are really interestig. Especially Transfiguration, Charms and Potions. But" I leaned closer and spoke in a quieter voice. "Do you find anything odd about Professor Quirrel? He seems too skittish to be a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher..."
Cassiopeia Tonks
Cassiopeia Tonks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next