Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgive my broken promise that you'll never see me cry -- Fall 1997

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forgive my broken promise that you'll never see me cry -- Fall 1997 - Page 2 Empty Re: Forgive my broken promise that you'll never see me cry -- Fall 1997

Post  James Potter Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:17 am

I shook my head.  "You don't want to know," I told her honestly.  "Between the mind games, fights... injuries... and just all that time alone... it wore on me.  I'm not sure if I'm the same person I was before."
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Forgive my broken promise that you'll never see me cry -- Fall 1997 - Page 2 Empty Re: Forgive my broken promise that you'll never see me cry -- Fall 1997

Post  Ember Potter Black Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:19 am

I put my hand on his arm.  "And you're scared Lily won't love this version? ...that we won't accept you for who you are now?" I offered.  How could we not love him?  We were all so hapy they were alive!  We knew that they would not be exactly the same -- we were not hte same people they lost, either.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:20 am

Well, that was part of it.  "Partly," I replied.  "But... what if I can't accept myself?" I have not looked in he mirror since I got rescued.  I was afraid of what I would see looking back at me.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:21 am

My hand moved from his arm to his hand and I squeezed it.  "I don't think that could ever happen," I assured him.  His frightened expression and lack of eye contact saddened me.  "James, look at me," I asked, almost pleaded with, him.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:23 am

Almost reluctantly, I lifted my eyes to look into my little sister's eyes.  I could see sadness there -- along with understanding.  It was most likely the look I gave her when I looked at her after the rape incident.  "Ember... I shouldn' be doing this to you.  You need to go to Sirius," I said suddenlty, moving to stand up to leave.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:23 am

I stood up with him and grabbed his arm.  "Don't do that," I said quickly.  Sirius was still unconscious.  He would wnat me to take care of his best mate even if I wanted to be with him.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:24 am

I looked at her.  "Do what?" I asked, though I knew eactly what I was doing:  pushing her away.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:24 am

I rolled my eyes at him.  Pulling him into a hug, I replied, "Don't pull away.  I need you, James."  I gave my brother a kiss on the cheek when I let go of him.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:25 am

That was part of the problem.  Everyone needed the James they remembered; what if that was not hte James that stood there now?  I swallowed the sob that threatened to rise.  "But... I'm not the same," I replied lamely.  Again, being alone all those years... my social skills were lacking.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:27 am

I could see the tears in his eyes and chuckled sadly, shaking my head.  "Neither am I," I told him.  "Do you think I haven't changed in the last sixteen years?"  I wrapped my arms around myself.  "I lost my brother and sister.  I couldn't get Harry.  My husband was in Azkaban for twelve years... then he was a fugitive for a couple after that.  I lost a grandchild before he was born.  James, do you really think none of that changed me?" I asked him, trying to give him perspective.

"Now, I'm not saying any of this to trivialize what you went through or even make it a bigger thing than what it was... but none of us are the same," I finished softly.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:28 am

When she put it like that, I could not believe what I was doing.  I sighed.  "I need to talk to Lily, don't I?" I asked, shaking my head.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:28 am

I smiled sadly.  "Yeah, you do," I said simply.  "you two still love each other.  You'll be able to get through this just fine, James."  I wanted him to know that I had faith in him.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:29 am

I was grateful to have my sister.  Giving her another hug, I said, "Go to Sirius.  You're brother is okay.  Promise."  I just had to work through all of this... my anger, remorse, guilt... everything.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:29 am

I made sure James was okay before I grabbed my bag.  "Don't hesitate to talk to me, James," I added as we walked out of hte house.  "I'm always here for you."
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2