Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light -- Spring 1995

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light -- Spring 1995 Empty Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light -- Spring 1995

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:02 pm

I was sitting by the lake, dreading having to return to my grandparents house.  I was not looking forward to that at all.  I only had two more years to deal with them and then I would be gone.  No one here at school really knew what I went through except for Professor Lupin and, I am sure, Professor Dumbledore.  I had not told anyone... but I was sure that Professor Lupin was obligated to tell the headmaster.  But perhaps not.  Being lost in my own thoughts, I had not heard anyone come up behind me.  And with the thoughts my mind was on, it was no surprise to me that I jumped and flinched away from teh hand that was clapped onto my shoulder.  Shaking slightly, I looked over to see Dean.  "Oh, sorry, it's just you," I said, letting out a slow breath.  "What's up, mate?" I asked him.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light -- Spring 1995 Empty Re: Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light -- Spring 1995

Post  Dean Black Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:39 am

I raised my eyebrows at Linoln for his reaction.  I sat down beside him and shrugged.  "Just glad that finals are coming up... one more year over," I said to him.  "Are you alright?"
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light -- Spring 1995 Empty Re: Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light -- Spring 1995

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:24 am

I nodded at him, though I was still having a moment from when he came up and gave me a bit of a fright.  "Yeah, Dean, not to worry," I said to him.  "And I'd think you'd be a bit worried about finals... i know I am."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:38 pm

I chuckled and shook my head.  "Well, that's the difference between Ravenclaws and Gryffindors... we're confident and don't feel the need to study this bad," I poitned out to him, giving Lincoln a hard time.  "And I know better than to believe you... but I also know better than to push the issue, too," I added.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:18 pm

I rolled my eyes at him.  "I would think that you should be more worried," I said to him.  "You're not necessarily the best student out there with your marks..." I did not want to insult him, but it was true.  And this was Dean, he did not mind that much anyways.  I was also glad that Dean and I were on the same page with not pushing any issues.  "How are you doing?" I asked.  It had been a year since his father had escaped from Azkaban and I knew... I knew that Dean had many problems with that.  Everyone speculated Sirius Black's innocence - but none more than his own son.  I wondered if things had died down or not for him and his family with the Ministry.  But, like him with me, I did not pry.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:48 pm

I glared at Lincoln when he mentioned my student status.  I did nto need him to point that out ot me; my mum did that enough... and now Dad was out there for past two years... though he had to keep low because of the manhunt on him.  He just had to pull an illegal maneuver and escape Azkaban.  I sighed when Lincoln asked if I was alright.  "It's alright," I said to him.  "Things have really died down compared to last year," I added, speaking of the Ministry.  "I mean... we're still watched... just not as often.  Doesn't stop him, though..."
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri May 08, 2015 5:25 am

I nodded understandingly.  I would have offered him a place to get away for the summer, but I was not going to have him come into that house.  Not with the way my grandparents were and not when I always tried to find a way to escape them.  "Things will die down eventually," I said to him, though I knwo that was useless information to say.  "At least things are alright between the two of you now..."  He had that going for him.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sun May 10, 2015 1:20 am

I had to agree with that.  I looked over at Lincoln.  "Mate, you look strained," I said to him.  I knew enough to know that he had a rough life at home.  "Can't you just come to Grimmauld Place for the summer?"  It would be nice to have him there to ease a bit of hte tension.  Selfish, I know.  But still... it would help him, I thought.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:03 am

I smiled slightly and shook my head.  "That would probably make things ten times worse," I assured him.  "My family knows exactly what and where Grimmauld Place is.  Trust me on that."  I never admitted that the Carrows were my relatives.  They were horrid people.  And everyone knew that.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:29 am

"But your grandparents are Muggles, right?  I think that you could escape to teh Wizarding world..." I suggested.  I was just trying to think of ideas for my mate.  "Or is there something going on that I don't know about with them?"
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:39 am

I shook my head, running a hand through my hair.  "I dunno," I said to Dean honestly.  "They are Muggle, yeah... but sometimes... they just seem different.  Maybe it's because they had a kid who was a wizard, but they know a lot sometimes it seems.  It doesn't make sense.  And I definitely don't feel safer in the wizarding world by any means because of it."  That was the most I would ever admit to anyone.  But Dean was a mate and he had a rough family life of his own... not in the same manner of speaking, but still.  He was kind of an outcast hismelf.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:32 am

I nodded.  "Well, you know you can always come if you need to," I said to him.  "Even if it's just for a day or something... just to get away for a ltitle bit."  I knew my house was not necessarily great, but it was better than what Lincoln had to deal with.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:57 am

I gave him a bit of a smile. "Thanks for that, mate," I said to him.  I really did appreciate it, but I was not one to skirt responsibility.  I felt like this was my punishment for getting my dad murdered... for austin's death... they were partially my fault and no one could tell me any different.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:32 am

I nodded, knowing that Lincoln needed a mate right now anyways.  "The offer will always stand even if I may not mention it for awhile," I pointed otu to him as well.  He should not need reminding that he had a safe place to go.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:32 pm

I gave Dean a half smile.  "It's much appreciated, Dean," I said to him honestly.  I just would never put that pressure on his family because I was not going to have my grandparents go after the Blacks for any particular reason.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next