Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying not to do like his daddy did -- December 1993

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Trying not to do like his daddy did -- December 1993 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trying not to do like his daddy did -- December 1993

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:30 am

I busied myself with making us each a cup of tea.  He looked chilled and I knew I was a little chilly still.  "Correct... why do you say toe, though?" I asked softly.  I had my own theories as to what happened that day after hearing Sirius's story.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Trying not to do like his daddy did -- December 1993 - Page 3 Empty Re: Trying not to do like his daddy did -- December 1993

Post  Dean Black Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:31 am

"BEcause he's an animagus - a rat," I replied simply.  I took the cup of tea gratefully.  "Could you tell me what you think happened?" I knew some of what Uncle Remus thought was also what my dad told him when they spoke.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:33 am

I leaned back in my seat, debating how I would explain this to him without having Dean get angry.  But he asked, so I would be truthful in my response.  "Sirius hunted him down because Peter betrayed James and Lily," I explained quietly.  Even after twelve years, it was difficult to speak of it.  "No one knew they switched Secret-Keepers.  Once Sirius had Peter cornered... he became the coward he always was.  He cut off a finger, blew up the street, and transformed, thus escaping."  I took a drink of tea and sighed.  "I've searched and searched... but could never find any trace of that traitor.  I'm unsure if that's what really happened to Peter, but ther'es no other way it could have.  I just wish I knew if he was still alive..." I trailed off, my finger tapping the side of the mug in my hand.  My gaze was no longer focused on Dean, but staring past everythign and seeing only what was in my mind.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:34 am

I thought about what he said as if hearing it for the first time.  "I think he's alive," I said rather confidently, seeing Uncle Remus start slightly.  "And I have my own theory of where Peter is."
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:35 am

Raising my eyebrows, a smile started to play at my lips.  "Could I hear it?" I requested.  Hopefully Dean would confide in me his theory.  It was nice to see that he was at least open to the fact that Sirius was not what most the Wizarding world made him out to be.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:36 am

I nodded, rather excited.  I wondered if this was the reason Dad escaped.  I could feel my excitement coursing through me.  I sat on the edge of my seat.  "Well... ron has this rat -- Scabbers.  He's been ill since the beginning of summer or so.  Ron think sit's because they went to Egypt," I started out, knowing this had to make no sense to my uncle.  "Remember the article in the paper?" There was that picture of the entire Weasley family.  I knew I remembered seeing it; I had been rather happy for the Weasley family.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:37 am

I thought back slightly.  "Yes, I do remember seeing that," I replied simply.  I was curious to see where this was going.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:38 am

I ran a hand through my hair.  "Well, it was shortly after that article that Dad escaped.  Scabbers was in that picture," I added.  "And he started to go downhill."  I took a deep breath.  "Scabbers is missing a front toe, too.  That's got ot be Peter!  Did you recognize him in that picture?"
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:40 am

That was quite the tale.  "Well... I didn't really look at the picture that closely," I said honestly.  "Can you have Ron bring me the rat?  I'd recognize him in an instant -- yeras of seeing him as Wormtail... I'd never forget."  I felt an odd emotion grip me.  If this rat was Peter... how had I never known or seen him in three years?
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:40 am

"He has him in Hogsmeade," I said.  "I can try to convince him to bring him after dinner."  That was the best I could do most likely.  Ron may not be willing to let Uncle Remus to view his rat that easily.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:41 am

I nodded.  "That's fine," I said, unsure how I would handle it if it really were Peter Pettigrew.  I looked at teh time.  "You should probably get around for dinner -- maybe get some work done."  I knew I needed to get some grading done.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:42 am

I stood up and grabbed my cloak.  I figured that I could wait in the common room for Ron.  Students started to crowd the common room whil ehtey returned from Hogsmeade.  I went up to Ron after he put thing saway.  "Hey, where's Scabbers?" I asked.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:42 am

"He's upstairs sleeping.  Why?" I asked as we walked through the portrait hole to go down to dinner.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:43 am

I ran a hand through my hair, debating how I wanted to go about this.  "Well, Professor Lupin might be able to help him," I said, thinking it may be the only way Ron would be willing to let htis happen.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:44 am

I raised my eyebrows at Dean.  "He think sso?  After dinner, I'll go up and grab him.  Then take him to Professor Lupin's office?" I suggested.  I would do just about anything to help Scabbers feel better.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next