Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You lift me up just to let me down -- Winter 1993

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You lift me up just to let me down -- Winter 1993 Empty You lift me up just to let me down -- Winter 1993

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:54 am

I was making my way to the greenhouses when I heard a sweet voice behind me.  I turned around and saw Katie.  I stopped and waited for her.  When she caught up, I spoke to her.  "How are you?" I questioned, walking with a good few inches between the two of us.  I did not want to risk being touched.

Last edited by Lincoln Matthews on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

You lift me up just to let me down -- Winter 1993 Empty Re: You lift me up just to let me down -- Winter 1993

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:55 am

I smiled at him.  "I'm doing well.  How are you?  Any plans for the Christmas holiday?" I asked him.  I knew he typically stayed at Hogwarts, but maybe things had changed for him this year.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

You lift me up just to let me down -- Winter 1993 Empty Re: You lift me up just to let me down -- Winter 1993

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:56 am

I shrugged slightly.  "I'm fine," I answered.  "and this year I may actually end up going to the Blacks... but Dean also said he may stay here..." I wondered if I would even be able to manage a holiday with that many people, but it may be better than spending it by myself.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:56 am

I smiled.  "That'd be nice.  You should go," I told Lincoln.  He needed to let himself have some fun.  There was no point in him always being so downtrodden.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:59 am

Katie always was a ray of sunshine.  I really ought to listen to her sometimes.  But I just was not sure if that would be the wisest of ideas.  Dean and I got along, but what about me getting along with his parents and family?  And wouldn't it be awkward to see Professor Lupin outside of Hogwarts?  Especially since he put together what I went through at home.  "We'll see," I commented.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:01 am

I rolled my eyes at Lincoln.  "You're allowed to have fun, linc" I informed him.  He never smiled and hardly ever looked like he was enjoying himself here or anywhere.  The only time he ever looked peaceful if not happy was when he was readin ga book.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:02 am

I shrugged.  "I do have fune... just not in ways a lot of people expect a teenager to," I replied.  She was really starting to pres the matter, but not in a bad way.  For now anyways.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:04 am

I sighed, deciding it would be bet to drop the issue.  "Alright... have you read anythign good lately?" I asked, knowing Lincoln liked talking about the books rather than anything personal.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:05 am

I shook my head.  "Nothing except for school books right now," I answered.  "They've had so many reading assignments and essays... I haven't had time to read leisurely really."  I hated that, too.  All I wanted was to escape, though schoolwork did that, it just was not as enjoyable.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:06 am

I groaned, understanding completely.  They were really loading us with assignments before the holiday.  "You would almost thin kthat they thought we were going to be taking our OWLs this year instead of next," I said, shaking my head.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:06 am

I nodded, agreeing with her.  "I know.  It's good preparation, I guess," I told her.  There was the only benefit to it all, I suppose.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:07 am

I looked over at him.  I knew that talking with Lincoln was difficult.  I hated that I liked him a more than a friend.  I knew that things would never work out... but I had to try.  "So... this weekend is the last Hogsmeade trip before the holiday," I started out.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:08 am

I had a feeling I knew where this was going.  Despite Dean's advice, I could nto do it.  There was no reason for me to put myself out there and no reason to let Katie get hurt.  "Katie... I'm going to stop you right now... try to keep you from getting hurt," I said queitly.  I hoped things would not get awkward for us.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:10 am

Chuckling nervously, I shook my head, playing it off.  "Hey, it was ust a thought.  Don't worry about it," I said, trying to hide my disappointment.  There was no way I was goign to show that to him.  I should have expected that, really.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:11 am

It was hard to tell what Katie was thinking.  I tried to see if she was more hurt than what she was letting on.  I hoped that it was not anything too bad for her.  "Sorry, really," I said sincerely.  If only she knew the reason why I could not let anyone in.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next