Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that no one appreciates how difficult it was -- Winter/Spring 1997 (DONE)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that no one appreciates how difficult it was -- Winter/Spring 1997 (DONE) Empty The trouble with doing something right the first time is that no one appreciates how difficult it was -- Winter/Spring 1997 (DONE)

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:09 am

I wanted to speak to Jetty about what happened to my sister.  I found him walking away from the castle to the grounds.  It was snowing, but he was outside anyways.  I went out there and caught up to him.  I pulled my cloak tightly around me as I walked.  I stayed quietly as we went through the snow, deciding what exactly to say to him.

Last edited by Draco Malfoy on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that no one appreciates how difficult it was -- Winter/Spring 1997 (DONE) Empty Re: The trouble with doing something right the first time is that no one appreciates how difficult it was -- Winter/Spring 1997 (DONE)

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:09 am

I sighed and glanced over at Draco.  "What do you want?" I asked.  We never really got along.  I was more a Slytherin like Juniper rather than Draco.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that no one appreciates how difficult it was -- Winter/Spring 1997 (DONE) Empty Re: The trouble with doing something right the first time is that no one appreciates how difficult it was -- Winter/Spring 1997 (DONE)

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:10 am

I deserved that.  I was never really all that nice to Jetty -- especially since he was a Pettigrew and Father had never shown that he liked Peter Pettigrew.  "I didn't want to make a big deal in public," I told him quietly, trying to block my face from teh wind.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:11 am

I was a little weary about what Draco was getting at.  I looked over at him as we walked.  "A big deal?" I asked, wanting a clarification.  I thought this may be the most I have heard Draco speak to anyone this entire school year.  He was sure to have made enemies in his own House this year.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:11 am

"I wanted to thank you," I told him honestly.  "and to do that, it couldn't be with people around."  There was no way for me to let my guard down at all with others.  I did not even like this, but Juniper trusted Jetty and I needed to thank him for saving my sister's life.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:12 am

I was not expecting that, least of all from Draco.  He had changed a lot this year.  "I wasn't about to leave her out there," I told him simply.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:13 am

I did not really like his tone, but I knew I deserved it.  There was so much I did to everyone in this godforsaken school.  I needed to get out of there.  I needed Australia.  I ran a hand through my hair.  "Well... yeah.  Thank you," I repeated.  With that, I turned to walk away from Pettigrew.  I said what was needed.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:14 am

I almost let Draco walk away, but out of respect for Juniper and whisperings that Evan said to me, I felt like I should not let Draco walk away.  he was not acting normal.  "Draco... is everything alright?" I asked him before he got too far.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:15 am

I turned around and looked at Jetty.  He seemed genuinely concerned.  If only I could actually tell him... or anyone.  I tried to muster a smile.  "Yes," I said, tring to lie successfully.  "I'm just worried about my sister."  And that was actually me being honest to a point.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:15 am

It was obvious to me that there was so much more than what he was saying, but I was not surprised that he was being vague adn distant.  We were not exactly friends by any means.  "I understand," I told him quietly.  "Madam Pomfrey said she'd make a full recovery."  That was always a good thing.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:16 am

That was good news, but just becaue she survived this attack... what about anything in the future?  I was not sure if there would be any attacks such as this or if they would go straight to death... I shuddered involuntarily.  "I hope she's right," I told him.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:17 am

"Do you have any idea what happened, though?  I wish I had gotten to her sooner... maybe I could have seen who did this to her," I said.  I wished I could have done more.  At least we may be able to know who did it and catch them.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:18 am

I was startled by Jetty's blunt question.  I shook my head, though I was positive I knew exactly who did this.  "Or you could be in the same situation or worse," I said quietly.  I did not want anyone else to get hurt.  Bell-Wood... Weasley... I was done with attempts.  But I did nto want anymore blood on my hands.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:19 am

That was true.  "Or we could have who did this," I pointed out, contradicting Draco.  I knew he would not like that, butit was true.  It may be worth ending up in the hospital wing to catch the attacker.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:19 am

I shrugged.  "Yeah, maybe," I said, not wanting to argue.  I came and said what needed to be said.  I was sure that Jetty appreciated it.  At least I hoped he did.  "I'm not that great at this.  So... I said thanks... I'll leave you alone now."  I started to walk away.  I was not so awesome at communication skills this year.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next