Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

31 December 1996 - Daddy Issues

3 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

31 December 1996 - Daddy Issues - Page 2 Empty Re: 31 December 1996 - Daddy Issues

Post  Madelyn Black Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:09 am

I stood up and followed him.  I pulled my hair back away from my face as we walked.  "I'd say probably portkey... flying won't be that fast and it would probably be brutal to fly all that way," I suggested.  I knew I would get in trouble for risking the family's identity by travelling to England which I forbidden to go to because of everything with the family.  But I knew that I had to help my friend find out the truth that had so long evaded him.  I would answer to my dad at a later date.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

31 December 1996 - Daddy Issues - Page 2 Empty Re: 31 December 1996 - Daddy Issues

Post  Ignatius Harper Black Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:27 pm

"Perfect," I said, but then I realized I didn't know much about traveling by Portkey except that you had to touch the charmed object. "Do you know the spell to turn something into a Portkey? Or do you know where we can find one?"
Ignatius Harper Black
Ignatius Harper Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:54 am

I nodded at him.  "I have this book," I said, always one to find answers in a book.  "It's in my dorm... I'll be right back."  I did not let him get a chance to say another word before I took off towards the Family of Intellect's dorms.  I dug in my bag and found the right Charms book that I was looking for.  I went back towards where I had left Iggy, actually meeting him closer to the dorms than before.  "I really hope we can do this," I added, flipping through the pages of the book to find the right passage about Portkeys.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ignatius Harper Black Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:02 am

"Do we need to leave the campus to do it?" I wondered aloud. "You never know what their crazy rules might be." My heart was pacing with excitement; I was getting one step closer to finding out the truth about where I came from.
Ignatius Harper Black
Ignatius Harper Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Thu May 01, 2014 4:58 am

I bit my lip, thinking.  "You know... I'm not entirely sure," I admitted.  "That may be the safest bet... who knows what would happen if we tried and it didn't work?"  I was glad taht Iggy thought about that because it had not even crossed my mind.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ignatius Harper Black Thu May 01, 2014 9:33 am

As I started walking toward the exit, I looked at Madelyn and smiled. "I don't really want to think about what you'd look like Splinched," I said. "Let's go."
Ignatius Harper Black
Ignatius Harper Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Thu May 01, 2014 6:02 pm

I chuckled slightly, really rather nervous about sneaking off to England - Mum and Dad were going to freak when they found out... if they found out.  I would just have to pretend not to be a Black or my dad's daughter, right?  "Yeah, I don't think it'd be all that great," I said, shaking my head.  "I just hope this works..."  I bit my lip thinking a little bit.  "When we get over there... I'm not a Black, okay?  I'll be... Williams.  Lyn Williams."  Dad said that he always used the alias Reese Williams, so why not pretend to be his daughter?  Maybe I would be able to find someone who knew him from teh Order and they might help us.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ignatius Harper Black Fri May 02, 2014 7:46 am

I cocked an eyebrow, not thinking that Madelyn might have consequences for going back to England. I had no idea what she went through during the summers, but it sounded like she didn't want her parents to know about our little excursion. For whatever reason. "Umm... okay," I said slowly. "Do I even want to know?"

Last edited by Ignatius Harper Black on Sun May 04, 2014 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ignatius Harper Black
Ignatius Harper Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Fri May 02, 2014 8:11 am

<< Her parents live in America with her still.  They don't move back til later.  Razz >>

I chuckled and shook my head.  "No, you really don't.  It's a long story that I'm forbidden to tell -- hell, I doubt I know the entire truth of the matter," I said, rolling my eyes.  "But enough about that... we're focusing on you and your past."  I smiled at him.  I could only imagine the excitement mixed with fear he had to be feeling rihgt now.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ignatius Harper Black Sun May 04, 2014 9:53 pm

<<Sorry about that. I edited.>>

"Right, no, it's fine," I said. We reached the edge of the campus, and I guided us to a large tree that we could hide behind. I looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to give the charm a try.
Ignatius Harper Black
Ignatius Harper Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Mon May 05, 2014 1:58 am

<< Haha, no worries Smile  Regulus and them are hard to keep track of for me sometimes lol And this is happening in Iggy's 6th year, right?  Just so I know I got Lyn's age right lol >>

I flipped the book open to the correct page and read it, knowing that it was a spell for an experienced witch or wizard - which I was not sure I would call myself being only fifteen.  I held my wand aloft and pointed it at the object we were planning on travelling with and said the incantation with as much confidence as I had in myself.  Half the time it was merely believing in yourself to be able to cast a charm for it to be successful.  There was a lot riding on this, so I was forcing myself to be confident because I wanted to help Iggy find the ties to his past that he had been looking for, for so long.  The object started to glow slightly and then it returned to normal.  I looked at Iggy.  "I believe it worked... I think.  Wanna give it a try?" I asked, hoping that I did not just create something that would end horribly for us.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ignatius Harper Black Mon May 05, 2014 10:29 am

<<Yes, Iggy's 6th year. Smile>>

Even if she hadn't been successful in creating a Portkey, Madelyn had certainly done something. The object glowed briefly, showing us that it was now charmed. With a nod, I said, "Yes, but I'm not going there alone. Take my hand and come with me?"
Ignatius Harper Black
Ignatius Harper Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Mon May 05, 2014 10:52 am

I smiled at him.  "Of course," I said.  "I wanna see how this plays out firsthand."  I took hold of his hand and could not help but hold my breath when he reached out and touched the hopefully-portkey.  I hoped it had worked; I wanted this to be what Iggy needed.

<< I'll follow your lead on all of this... if you need any other character (depending on how this goes), my list is never ending lol.  And I know others would join if need be Smile >>
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ignatius Harper Black Fri May 09, 2014 9:53 am

<<Sounds good. I think we'd only need Dumbledore and maybe Regulus? Not sure if I want Iggy to find out yet, or if it's going to be a teaser.>>

Something grabbed my innards and yanked me into thin air. The Portkey seemed to be working correctly; in the split second we were in transit, I hoped to Merlin that we landed either at Hogwarts itself or, at the very least, in that small town outside the castle, Hog-something. 

With a thud, we were slammed into the ground. Stars flashed in my eyesight, and though disoriented, I could smell a musty odor. I blinked several times, hard, and looked at my hand. Madelyn's was still attached, a good sign. "Are you okay?" I asked.
Ignatius Harper Black
Ignatius Harper Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Fri May 09, 2014 6:15 pm

<< I do have Dumby now... so that works.  Smile >>

"Yeah, I think so," I said, shaking my head to try to get rid of the disoriented feeling I had.  I looked around and smiled slightly when I saw The Three Broomsticks -- Mum and Dad talked about that place having the best butterbeer.  "We definitely made it... we're in the village just outside of Hogwarts."  I stood up and offered to help Iggy up, brushing myself off slightly in the process.  I could not believe that I was in England so close to where my parents went to school.  I was definitely going to be dead if Dad found out I was here.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next