Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I used to think I was strong til the day it all went wrong -- Summer 2001

3 posters

Go down

I used to think I was strong til the day it all went wrong -- Summer 2001 Empty I used to think I was strong til the day it all went wrong -- Summer 2001

Post  Dean Black Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:11 pm

The family went out for dinner one night.  I loved our family nights.  I got to be with my two favorite girls.  We were walking down the road.  It was the middle of summer and the sun was just setting.  Addison and I had Dona between us, lifting her up between us every few steps, making our daughter giggle like crazy.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

I used to think I was strong til the day it all went wrong -- Summer 2001 Empty Re: I used to think I was strong til the day it all went wrong -- Summer 2001

Post  Addison Logan Black Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:14 pm

I laughed at how easiy Sedona was entertained.  Dean and I caught each other's eyes and grinned at each other.  We were so lucky to all be together.  With Dona being two yeas old, we were thinking of having a second child.  We both were in great jobs and we just seemed to be ready.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

I used to think I was strong til the day it all went wrong -- Summer 2001 Empty Re: I used to think I was strong til the day it all went wrong -- Summer 2001

Post  Sedona Black Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:16 pm

"Again!" I shouted.  Why were Mummy and Daddy not lifting me up?  I was having so much fun!
Sedona Black
Sedona Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:17 pm

I looked at our daughter.  "What do we say when we would like to get something?" I said to her, raising my eyebrows.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedona Black Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Giggling, I said, "Pweeeese!"  My giggling continued while they lifted me up.  I loved it!  It was my most favoritest thing in the world to do.
Sedona Black
Sedona Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:21 pm

I loved it when Dean got a little strict with our daughter.  It made me know that if I were not a round to make her behave, he might be able to handle it.  We were almost home and our little girl was getting tired out.  But of course she wanted her daddy to carry her the rest of the way, not Mummy.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:22 pm

I lifted Sedona into my arms and she rested her head on my shoulder.  I knew she would be out like a light in the five minutes it took to get home the rest of the way.  I looked at Addison.  "Great choice for date night, babe," I told her with a smile, speaking softly so Dona would drift off.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:23 pm

"It really was delicious," I said, opening the gate to our yard.  We had gotten a cozy little house with a yard when Dona turned one -- after Dean got promoted at the Ministry.  I unlocked the front door for him and my sleeping daughter.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:23 pm

I gave Addie a kiss on the cheek as I entered.  "I'm going to go put her in bed and I'll be back down," I said smiling at my lovely wife.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:25 pm

"Okay... oh, I forgot to lock the gate" I told Dean.  "I'll be right back in babe."  I closed the door and went outside.  I walked out to the gate and I heard a noise.  I looked around and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.  I could not see anyone or anything.  I still had an odd feeling, though.  We were in an all wizarding community here, so I took out my wand  Something just did not feel right.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:29 pm

I put Sedona in her bed.  It was her crip that in the future would turn into a good toddler bed when she was a little older.  I gave her a kiss on the head and lifted the side so the bars were up and she would be snug in bed.  I watched Sedona for a little bit and I saw a flash outside.  I double-checked Dona and knew she wa ssound asleep and her crib was intact.  I ran downstairs and noticed Addison was not in the house yet from locking the gate.  I had a bad feeling.  I went outside when I heard a crack of thunder and then rain.  I looked around the house as I headed towards the front door, but gave up searching when I heard a yell coming from the yard, so I just rushed out there.  

I saw a shadow run off into the night but I saw Addison on the ground.  I rushed to my wife's side and saw some blood on a split lip.  When I picked her head onto my lap, I felt more blood.  Rain was pouring down on us, but I did not care.  I had no idea what had hapened.  I knew I needed to get Addie to St. Mungo's but I was not about to leave Sedona in her bedroom.  I needed help.  I sent my patronus a few different ways... whoever got here first would be my savior.  I held Addie in my arms, being careful of her head.  I closed my eyes and prayed for someone to come quickly and that I would be able to keep it together.  I had tears coming down my cheeks, thankful that it was pouring outside.  I hated being unable to act...
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum