Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't remember why I'm lying here tonight -- Winter 1997 (DONE)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I can't remember why I'm lying here tonight -- Winter 1997 (DONE) Empty I can't remember why I'm lying here tonight -- Winter 1997 (DONE)

Post  Dean Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:38 pm

We were going to be having our first Christmas without Dad this year... he was in his coma.  I had talks with Addison about me using... I just could not stop.  She was getting angry with me, but she did not understand.  I wanted to, but I just could not.  I was in an unused classroom.  I sat on the floor to avoid dealing with people seeing me.  I took some of what I had.  I did not want to deal with any of this.  I was tired of being so strong for everyone around me.  I had never seen Mum or Lenni looking like this and having to deal with all of this.  Plus all the guilt I was feeling... I wish that I could deal with it all, but I could not.  I closed my eyes and let this enclose around me.  I just wanted to lose myself at the moment.

Last edited by Dean Black on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

I can't remember why I'm lying here tonight -- Winter 1997 (DONE) Empty Re: I can't remember why I'm lying here tonight -- Winter 1997 (DONE)

Post  Addison Logan Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:50 pm

I needed to find Dean.  He was getting worse and worse.  I was getting so worried about him.  I finally found him... on the floor eyes closed.  I could not tell if he was breathing.  I felt like my heart was not beating; I could not breathe.  I almost felt frozen, but I forced myself to move to my fiancee's side.  I fell to my knees and started to shake him.  "Dean?  HOney!  Dean, please answer me," I said, trying to keep my tears from my voice and from falling out of my eyes.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

I can't remember why I'm lying here tonight -- Winter 1997 (DONE) Empty Re: I can't remember why I'm lying here tonight -- Winter 1997 (DONE)

Post  Dean Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:52 pm

I heard a voice and opened my eyes easily.  What I saw freaked me out.  It definitely helped sober me up a tad.  "Addie, what is it?  What's wrong?" I automatically thougth the worst happened with Dad.  She looked so scared and it made me start freaking out, too.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:54 pm

I was so relieved when I saw his beautiful blue eyes open.  I wrapped my arms around him.  I pulled away and then smacked him.  "Don't do that!  You have no idea what I was thinking," I said, my voice shaking.  I definitely nearly lost it.  Why did he have to do this to me?  To his family?  He needed to stop.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:55 pm

I blinked a few times as I let that sink in.  What did I just do?  Then it clicked... the way she had just seen me.  "Addison, honey, I'm fine," I tried to assure her.  I put my arms around her, but she pushed me away.  And that hurt.  I realized how much I scared her and how much I was hurting her.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:56 pm

I shook my head.  "Don't," I snapped.  I was tired of this.  "Dean... you're not fine.  You're using again!  I've tried to be patient with you, but you'll just end up overdosing again... I don't want to lose you.  I need you. I cannot lose you..."  The tears broke.  I did not know how else to get him to understand.  I was just getting so tired of constanty worrying about him; it was so difficult.  And I could nto keep doing this... pretending everything was okay.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:57 pm

I stared at her and the reality of what she was saying was definitely sobering me up quickly.  I wanted to reach out for her but figured that she would just push me away again.  "Honey, calm down.  You're not going to lose me.  I'm never leaving you," I tried to assure her.  I just wish that she would listen to me.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:59 pm

I stood up and shook my head.  The only way I would even talk to him right now would be if he was sober.  "I can't even look at you right now," I said.  "Find me when you're sober... I'm done doing this."  I left him there.  I was not sure how much longer I could do this with Dean.  I loved him so much... but I did not know if I could handle his addiction anymore.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:01 pm

I watched as my fiance walked away from me.  I sat up straighter and put my face in my hands.  After a little while, I stood up.  I had to find Addison.  When I finally did, I could tell that she had been crying.  I walked up to her.  I almost did not want to reach out to touch her, so I resisted doing so.  I put my hands in my pockets as I looked at Addison.  "Hey," I said, unsure if I should even be talking to her right now.  I was pretty sure she was so angry with me.  Why on earth would she want to talk to me right now?  I know I would not.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:02 pm

I looked at him and I could tell he looked sober at least.  It was easily noticeable when he was high or no.  I patted the seat next to me.  "Hey," I said back ot him.  I was not sure if I could really talk to him about anything right now, but I did not want to shut him out either.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:05 pm

I sat down next to her and I pulled out of my pocket, along with my hand, my bag of pills that I had.  "Here... take it," I said, pressing it into her hand.  "I will do anything for you, babe.  All I need is you.  I don't need anything else as long as you're by my side.  You're my number one person in my life.  I can't lose anyone else..." I trailed off, rying not to break down.  I really did feel like I lost my dad.  Yes, he was still here, but he really was not.  A coma was not the same as being here in reality.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:06 pm

I could not believe what he was putting into my hand. I looked at him and saw the pain.  I wrapped my arms around him. "You didn't lose him... he's going to wake up," I said softly, kissing his cheek as I pulled back to look at him.  "I love you, Dean.  I just don't want to see you ruin your life with this addictions," I explained ot him.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:07 pm

I felt like I have lost my dad though and that was the problem.  I did not know why I was so weak.  "Addi... I don't know what to do," I admitted.  "I'm trying ot be strong for Lenni and Mum... but what about me?  I now they'd be there for me if I asked... but how could I do that to them when they need me?"  I knew I added this extra pressure to myself... but to be honest, the men are always the last to break down.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:09 pm

I rubbed Dean's back to try to ease his worries.  "That's what I'm here for, Dean," I told him.  I hated how he thought he had to do this all by himself.  That was Dean's issue... he never liked to ask for help with anything.  I was grateful that I was able to help with his addiction problems.  I felt completely useless to help my fiance.  It was hard to plan the wedding with all of these things going on.
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:10 pm

I squeezed Addison's hand.  "I know; I just need to remember that.  I don't always need to do everything on my own anymore," I said honestly.  I smiled at her the best I could.  "Honey, I'm so glad you're giving me something good to look forward to... my whole family.  I honestly cannot wait to make you my wife."  I gave her a kiss.  "I promise I wont' disappoint you again."  I hated being a disappointment to the people I loved.  And it seemed to be the only thing I was doing lately.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next