Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You've met your reason to live -- 1 September 1993

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You've met your reason to live -- 1 September 1993 Empty You've met your reason to live -- 1 September 1993

Post  Bill Weasley Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Annette was a couple of weeks late and this pregnancy was definitely getting to her now -- and to me.  I could not wait to meet our little guy.  I returned home from grabbing some things that she was craving and saw that she was taking a little nap.  Best not to disturb her; she had not been sleepign well for being in discomfort of the lateness.  Apparently the baby did not want to come into this world at all.  As I put things away, I heard some movement in the living room.  I figured she was just getting up since she was a light sleeper and had to go to the bathroom or something so I continued working in the kitchen until I heard my name get called.  I walked into the living room and saw the look on Annette's face and I could not help but smile even though it was clear she was a bit painful.  I went to her side.  "Honey... contractions?" I questioned hopefully.  I wanted her to go into labor so badly so it meant that we would be that much closer to meeting our baby.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

You've met your reason to live -- 1 September 1993 Empty Re: You've met your reason to live -- 1 September 1993

Post  Annette Rameses Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:32 am

I nodded and was relieved when I was able to function again.  My water did not break, though from what I have read that is not entirely abnormal... it probably would be breaking within the next half hour.  I smiled at Bill even though I knew I was in for a long night.  "We better go," I said, thinking that I did not want to be going through this without being at the hospital ward.  We would send word to Bill's family and my own once we were there.  I let my boyfriend help me up and I was grateful he got us to the hospital within minutes because in the lobby was where my water broke and another contraction kicked in.  I looked at the time and saw that it was not even noon yet on this dry, hot day.  I was glad that it was nice and cool in the hospital... I could barely stand the heat.
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

You've met your reason to live -- 1 September 1993 Empty Re: You've met your reason to live -- 1 September 1993

Post  Bill Weasley Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:42 am

I could not believe that the time was finally here.  I let them get Annette prepped into a hospital gown and all the monitors attached to her and her belly while I sent word out to everyone that the little Weasley was going to be making his grand entrance hopefully sometime today.  I wished that my mum and dad or Charlie or really any of my siblings could be here with me.  It's not like I did not like Annette's family, I just wanted my own here, too.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Annette Rameses Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:48 am

I was glad to see Bill enter the room where I was to wait before delivery.  It was a private room so at least any visitors could come in and see me before I went to deliver the baby.  I wondered if any of bill's family was going to make it.  I had sent them the idea in a letter to come see the newborn since it was supposed to have happened a week or two ago and I was past my due date.  But I knew his younger siblings were in school, so they obviously would not be here.  I wondered about Charlie and his parents, though.  Another contraction hit and I was grateful that Bill came rushing over to me so I could hold onto his hand.  When it passed, I looked at him.  "Did you send word to everyone?" I asked him.
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 am

I nodded to Annette.  "Yeah, I let everyone know.  I don't know if anyone will be here until after the delivery, though," I added, not sure what she and her parents had discussed.  I knew my family would not see the newborn for a little while.  My younger siblings would not meet him until Christmas time.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Annette Rameses Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:03 am

I smiled at him and we waited.  Going through the contractions was horrible.  i knew that once I got to a certain point, I was definitely going to be getting drugs.  Bill was in and out of the room a few times and let me know my parents were there, they just did not want to come bother me.  After eleven hours of labor, it was finally time to push.  I had tears in my eyes when I heard the first cries of our baby boy.  When they brought him up to my arms for me to hold, those tears fell.  I could not believe how beautiful he was.  I looked up at Bill who was right next to me.   "Isn't he beautiful?" I asked in hushed tones as I soothed my son.
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:08 am

I could not believe my eyes.  Any sense of worry or concern that I was not going to be able to be a dad that I was having at the last minute vanished.  He looked so much like his mum... I could not believe it.  I bent down and kissed him on the top of the head.  I looked over at Annette and gave her a kiss as well.  When the doc asked if he had a name I looked at Annette.  When she nodded, I knew that she did not think we needed to change the idea we had for him.  "Seth Akil Weasley," I said to her.  Akil meant intelligence in Egyptian culture.  I hoped that it would ring true with the little guy.  We had to bring in both aspects of his heritage.  I was expecting Seth to be darker complected like his mum, but he was as pale as I was!  Which thta brought nothing but a smile to my face.  "I'm going to go let your parents know okay?" I told her, thinking she would appreciate some time wiht just Seth.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Annette Rameses Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:17 am

I nodded, not taking my gaze from my little boy.  I softly cooed him and he finally quieted down a little bit.  "Welcome to the world, Seth... it's not so scary now, is it?" I said, speaking barely above a whisper as I looked at him.  He was more beautiful than I had ever imagined.  I did not realize how much love I would have for him the instant I saw him.  I knew he was going to get spoiled rotten.
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:22 am

I had decided to visit Bill instead of him visiting me this time around (though he did not know it) because I wanted to meet my nephew. Of course Annette had to give birth to him first. I had just stepped off the bus to their house when an owl hunted me down telling me they were at the hospital. I dropped off my bags and grabbed the little gift I had for the happy parents and the newborn and headed there. I was in the waiting room with Annette's parents when I saw my brother walking towards us. I knew he would be surprised to see me. The happiness that was written all over his face told me that he had a healthy baby boy back there.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:25 am

I was walking out to tell Annette's parents that Seth Akil Weasley was born and was healthy when I saw some red hair.  Charlie!  I gave my brother a big hug and looked at all of them.  "Everything's okay... he's healthy.  If you two want to go back to see him and Annette, go ahead.  Charlie and I can wait out here," I suggested.  "Oh, but give them about ten minutes... they're getting everything cleaned up."  Once Charlie and I were by ourselves I shook my head at him.  "What are you doing here?  I'm so happy to see you, though... I wanted someone here."
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:10 pm

I smiled and offered Bill some of my coffee, which he nearly downed the rest of my cup. "I was planning on surprising you for a visit to meet my little nephew... but Annette was late. I'm glad I got here today, though. I get to meet him the day he was born rather than when he's a week or two old!" I said happily giving my brother another hug. I could nto stop grinning. There are only a few times I have been this happy for Bill... when he started dating Tonks, when he got his dream job, and now, when his son was born. "What did you two decide to name him?" I asked.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Annette Rameses Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:18 am

I was glad to have my parents with me, but I could nto wait until Bill came back in.  I kissed my parents when they left -- they had been waiting for a long time... according to Bill nearly the entire eleven hours of labor.  I heard the door open back up and I saw Bill walk in with Charlie right behind him.  "Charlie!  I'm so glad to see you!  The healers are double checking Seth and then they'll bring him back in..." I explained to both of them, glad that Bill had someone here for him.
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:29 am

We chatted amongst ourselves and when the healer came in with Seth, I was the first one to take him into my arms.  I had let Annette have him right after he was born, but this time it was my turn.  I was not sure if I was going to give him up so his godfather could hold him.  I felt tears come to my eyes as I held the precious little guy in my arms.  He seemed so tiny compared to what I thought he would be.  He even seemed smaller than Ginny did when she was born and I held my sister for the first time; perhaps that was due to me being smaller at the time.  I kissed the top of Seth's head.  "Isn't he precious?" I asked softly, not wanting to wake the sleeping baby.  How they managed to get him to fall asleep astounded me.  I figured he would be fussy for quite some time after the stress of being born and stuff.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:10 am

Only this once was I not going to make fun of my brother for saying the word precious... but only because there was no other way to describe Seth. I had never seen my brother look so happy before. It was one thing to be holding a younger sibling -- I had felt a protective part of me when I first held Ginny... but when ti was your own child? I could only imagine. I grinned at Bill. "I'm glad to be the one to point out, he looks like his mum," I said, having to tease them a little bit.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Annette Rameses Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:21 am

I smiled, gazing at my boyfriend holding his son. "He has his daddy's eyes, though... big and blue," I said, knowing that Bill wanted some part of Seth besides genes. They were horrible like that sometimes. I knew Charlie was just being a smart aleck, but still. This was a moment to cherish, not to turn into horseplay.
Annette Rameses
Annette Rameses

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next