Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's hard to keep on keeping on -- Spring 1977

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's hard to keep on keeping on -- Spring 1977 - Page 2 Empty Re: It's hard to keep on keeping on -- Spring 1977

Post  James Potter Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:00 pm

I smiled as I looked at my sister who had finally closed her eyes.  "Love you, too, Ems," I whispered as I continued with the story.  When we were little, she would snap back awake if I did not finish it, so I had learned my lesson years ago to always finish the story.  When I was done, I closed the book and laid down next to my sister.  She was snoring her cute little snore and I knew she was actually asleep.  I laid there listening to her and I closed my eyes.  I knew there would be hell to pay when I woke up; I was sure that there would be teasing from the others, but I would do this for any one of them.  But no one could have Fort Jem... that was just for me and Ember.  I fell asleep with a smile on my face.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

It's hard to keep on keeping on -- Spring 1977 - Page 2 Empty Re: It's hard to keep on keeping on -- Spring 1977

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:56 am

I heard movement outside and opened my eyes, seeing that James was still sound asleep -- drool was oozing out the side of his mouth.  Thankfully, it was on the other side and nowhere near close enough for me.  "James?" I said, gently shaking him.  "I believe the House is waking up... if you don't wnat to get made fun of... you might want to wake up."  I kenw he liked to keep his reputation in tact.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:10 am

I awoke to someone nudging me and I opened my eyes.  Ember was speaking to me and wiped my mouth.  I tried to stretch but remembered that we were in Fort Jem.  I heard some movement and shook my head.  "Well, if they want to judge us for being siblings, they can deal with my wrath," I teased.  "How'd you sleep?"
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:42 pm

I smiled at him.  "I actually slept," I said honestly.  I was so happy that he did this for me.  I clambered out of the fort and saw that whoever had been in the common room was gone.  "James... the coast is clear.  We should definitely get this cleaned up before anyone else comes down.  Just because it is rather big."  I still could not blieve that he did this for me just so I could get some rest.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:28 am

I nodded and waved my wand to clear away Fort Jem.  I looked over at Ember.  "I'm glad to hear that, Ems," I said with a smile.  "I may need Lily to give me a shoulder rub, my neck is killing me... but it was worth it if you got some rest."
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:43 pm

I laughed, wondering if Lily would actually rub his shoulders and neck, but I would at least put in a good word for my brother so she might be more inclined to do so.  "Thank you," I said, hoping that James really understood what it meant to me that he did what he did to make me feel better.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:13 pm

I put my arm around my sister's shoulders, kissing her cheek.  "I know, Ems... trust me, I know," I assured her.  Sometimes all one needed was the loving gesture from a big brother rather than the love and support from friends and a boyfriend -- it was still hard for me to say that Sirius was her boyfriend.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:15 pm

I looekd at him.  Perhaps James was more observant than I gave him credit for.  "I think everyone will be glad to see that I got some rest, too," i said, speaking mainly about Sirius of course.  I knew I worried him greatly -- especially of late.  It was cute to see this sid eof Sirius... I had never seen it before really.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:15 am

"And by everyone, I'm assuming you mean Sirius?" I inquired, a smile plaing at my lips.  It was hard to see them together as a couple, but it was easy to see them happy with each other.  I had such mixed feelings about all of it.  It was rather ridiculous.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:05 pm

I grinned at him.  "But of course," I said, nudging him with my elbow.  "Shall we get a spot of breakfast?  They might actually be down there... or do you want to check the dorms?"
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:00 pm

I checked the time and sighed.  "I think they're probably still upstairs," I said to Ember.  "why don't we just go to breakfast?  We don't need to end the brother-sister bonding time, hmm?  I just want to make sure you're okay after everything..." I trailed off, hoping that Ember would think that a good idea.  I just wanted to help her to be able to heal.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:32 am

I grinned at James and followed him out of the portrait hole.  "I think that's a wonderful idea," I said to him, nudging him playfully.  "Though I think your girlfriend will end up stealing you away..."
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:00 am

I chuckled and shrugged.  "Yeah, but by that time I'm sure your ...boyfriend... will try to steal you, too," I said.  I still found it hardto call Sirius her boyfriend.  I sighed and saw the look on her face.  "Please... you know as well as I do that Sirius will be concerned when he doesn't realize that you're not in the Gryffindor Tower."
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 am

I grinned and nodded.  My brother was definitely right about that.  "Aw, I'm so glad you're finally able to say the word boyfriend when speaking of Sirius, though," I teased, nudging my brother playfully.  "Hmm... maybe we should take a bet on how long it'll take before they rush down here."
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:32 am

I laughed and we made it to the Great Hall.  "I dunno... I think we'd both bet close to the same," I said simply.  It was true -- w ewould both try to get as soon as quickly.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next