Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best is Yet to Come -- June 1994

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Best is Yet to Come -- June 1994 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Best is Yet to Come -- June 1994

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:16 am

I walked to Lucy's room and knocked before entering my teenager's bedroom.  I showed her the bags and told my daughter, "Des is going to be staying with us for a couple o fmonths."  I grinned at her and nearly chuckled at Lucy's face.  "Sh'es in the kitchen."  My daughter left her room and I started rearranging to make room for Desdemona.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

The Best is Yet to Come -- June 1994 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Best is Yet to Come -- June 1994

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:18 am

I heard Desi was here and had to go to the kitchen. She was awesome! I saw her more like a cousin or sister than an aunt. I saw her and ran up to give Desi a hug. "I didn't know you were going to be here!" I said, pulling away to help her make dinner.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:20 am

I was bombarded and could not help laughing.  "Hey Lu-Lu," I said, using my nickname for her.  "It was a surprise.  I'm staying for the summer and then leaving for an internship."
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:24 am

I could not believe that she got an internship. I knew she had applied at a few different places, though. "Which one did you get?" I questioned. I really hoped it would be the one that was closest to here... which was in Paris.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:28 am

We started prepping for dinner.  "The one in Romania," I told her.  I kept cutting the chicken and glanced over at her.  I saw some sadness mixed with happiness.  I umped her a little bit with my shoulder.  "But you get to see me for an entire two months," I added, trying to look on the brighter side of things.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:32 am

I laughed and had to agree. We worked in silence for a little bit. "Well, that's fantastic," I told her. That's the wildlife one right? Not the ones with more domestic animals like horses, dogs, and whatnot." She wanted to work with some sort of animal and I thought that was great. To not worry about species is awesome... it left so many options open to her.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:35 am

I was so glad that she started smiling again.  Lu-Lu and I had gotten close... really close.  "Yeah... the one where it's really close to that dragon reservation but we'll deal wiht more than just dragons.  I'm excited about unicorns, thestrals.... though I cannot see those."  I put the chicken in the oven.  I sat down at the table and Lu-Lu and I caught up.  We heard the door and I was sure that was probably Chloe coming home.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:40 am

" Hello?" I said through the house. I had brought some groceries home to make some dinner, " Anybody home?" I asked to the house, that was really the best the to do with a 13 year old and a 15 year old. I walked into the kitchen and saw Des and Lucy. " Hey ladies. you guys are cooking?" I asked with a smile, it was nice coming home from work and that be taken care of.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:25 pm

I grinned at Chloe.  "Hi!  Yeah, I thought that I'd make some dinner since we both know we don't want Remus to," I said, winking at Lucy as my niece giggled.  I was sure that Remus would hear me and have something to say.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:21 pm

I smiled, " Fair enough." I nodded, " Just stick to the oven.." I said as I laughed, it was good to have some laughter here. Perhaps getting will out of his room. He has been taking the loss of Olivia very hard.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:45 am

"I heard that ladies," I called from Lucy's room.  I finished getting things somewhat organized and walked out and gave Chloe a kiss.  "I'm not a bad cook... I'm just a distracted cook.  I'm a better baker, though... I like my sweets.  But see?  Easily distracted," I said, winking at Lucy who just rolled her eyes.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:58 am

Laughing, " yes...you are a good baker." I said agreeing with him. " But horribly distracted. " I teased.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:45 am

I laughed.  "I never trust the food when I hear Daddy made it," I added, grinning at him.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:45 am

I laughed, " He has made a few successful dishes..." I said trying to remember which one. It was odd it burnt a lot so I had lost track of which ones turned out. He gets distracted when he cooks.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:39 pm

I heard the ding of the timer.  "You know, for distracted cooks, you could always set a timer," I teased, pulling the chicken out of the oven.  It smelled delicious.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next