Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best is Yet to Come -- June 1994

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Best is Yet to Come -- June 1994 Empty The Best is Yet to Come -- June 1994

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:03 pm

I got the internship in Romania!  I could not believe it!  I was currently just graduated from a school in Spain and I was so happy!  I had my escape!  I didn't even plan on telling my parents.  I hated both of them.  My mother needed to rot at the bottom of the ocean and I just needed to get free from her and now I had that chance.  I was already practically disowned because I went to see the 'horrendous animal' -- aka my brother, Remus.  I knew I'd be thrown out soon anyways.  I packed my bags and grabbed my entire alottment of money from the bank and headed to England first.  I needed to tell my brother the great news!  I got to the Lupin Cottage and hoped Remus owuld be home.   I was so glad that our relationship had become what it was.  "Remus?" I called out.  The big door was open and the screen door let me see into the house but it also would let someone know I was hear.  I stayed on the porch though... I wasn't about to just walk into his house unannounced.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

The Best is Yet to Come -- June 1994 Empty Re: The Best is Yet to Come -- June 1994

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:05 pm

I was walking up the path from my dad's old place and saw my sister on the porch.  "Des!" I exclaimed.  This was quite the surprise.  I saw bags and was curious, but that could wait.  She ran towards me and we embraced.  I kept an arm around her shoulder as we walked back towards the house.  "To what do I owe this pleasure?" I asked her, grabbing a bag and opening the door so she could go in.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

The Best is Yet to Come -- June 1994 Empty Re: The Best is Yet to Come -- June 1994

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:06 pm

I carried my other bag in and set it in the hallway.  I followed him to the living room and had a seat on the couch next to him.  "I left," I started out happily.  "But I only came to visit, not to necessarily take you up on that offer you told me during Christmas.  I'm actually going to be headed to Romania," I explained.  I could barely control my excitement!
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:07 pm

I couldn't help but laugh at her a little bit because she was pratically bouncing in her seat.  "Why Romania?" I asked he, though I was sure she would have told me whether I would have asked or not.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:11 pm

I pushed my hair away from my face.  Grinning, I had to tell him.  "Well, you know how you suggested getting internships and that depending where they were, would get paid for a flat and stuff?" I didnt' even wait for him to nod.  "I got accepted at a wildlife clinic in Romania!  It's close to a dragon reservation so they said that's a lot of their clientele, but they also help unicorns, bowtruckles, hippogriffs, kneazles, and all sorts of other creatures that are brought in.  They said they prefer to help ones that aren't domesticated since not many people would want to fix them up and stuff.  But this is just so exciting!" I said, having to hug him again.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:16 pm

I was so happy for her.  She needed a way out before being thrown out and she found one.  "desi, that is fantastic," I agreed.  "How long until you leave?"  I asked her.  She was going to stay until then no matter what; I knew Lucy would love that and I also knew Chloe would not mind.  And Des never seemed to bother Will... so I saw no harm in that.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Remus got right to the point.  "Well... it doesn't start until the middle of August.  So I don't need to be there until a few days before.  They said they had a flat ready for me, just not until then," I explained.  And this was where I would need a favor from my brother.  "So I either go there and have a hotel be my home for the next two months..." I trailed off, hoping he would fill in wiht the 'or' that I was so hoping he would say.  I knew he would, though.  He offered for me to stay with them over Christmas this past year... so I was sure he would be okay with me having him own up to that offer.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:18 pm

"Or you're staying here until you have to leave," I told her.  Back at Christmas I had told Desdemona she was always welcomed to stay here and if they ever threw her out, she had somewhere to go.  So why should this be any different? That's right, it wasn't.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:19 pm

I looked at him and asked, "Really?  It would be about two months.  I would help and pull my own weigh taround here," I assured him.  I refrained from a hug until I knew for usre.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:58 am

I laughed and nodded.  "I wouldn't offer if I weren't serious.  Besides, the kids love you and I know Chloe would love to see you again."  She came at me full force with a hug.  "Are you okay bunking with Lucy or do I need to clean up my dad's place up the path by the lake for you?"  I asked.  She was seventeen... I wasn't sure how she'd appreciate a thirteen-year-old roommate.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:59 am

I could not believe this.  They were too kind to me; one reason I coulnd't understand why our mother did what she did.  "I can bunk with Lucy... unless she won't want to."  I didn't even think of that... I loved staying with Lucy, but a lot can happen in six months that she may not write about.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:05 am

Smiling, I answered, "That won't be a problem.  She loves when you stay.  She'll just be disappointed she couldn't prep for your arrival."  My girls would both be like that.  They enjoyed making things prestine for when company was here and stayed with us.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:08 am

I stood up and stretched a little bit.  "Then I'll go put my things in the bedroom.  And how about I make some dinner befrore CHloe gets home?  For a surprise?" I suggested.  It'd be a great thank you gesture for letting me stay here.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:13 am

"Well, she'd probably appreciate your cooking to mine," I said, teasing myself.  I had a tendency to forget about it and let it burn.  I looked up at the clock and added a different agenda.  "If you make supper, I'll take your bags and get the room set up for both of you girls."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:13 am

I grinned at Remus.  "Sounds like a plan," I said, heading towards the kitchen.  I really hoped that Chlooe would not be angry for me staying a couple of months.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next