Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facing Your Demons -- Christmas Break 1997

+2
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Dean Black
6 posters

Go down

Facing Your Demons -- Christmas Break 1997 Empty Facing Your Demons -- Christmas Break 1997

Post  Dean Black Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:27 pm

I wanted to get us kids away from all the adults.  They were reminiscing and it was killing me.  As much as I enjoyed hearing some stories -- especially through the new point of view of Aunt Lily adn Uncle James... I've heard them so many times, that I didn't need to hear anything else.  Besides, I enjoyed us kids getting time wtih just us.  Especially now that Jetty truly fit in with the group.  He helped save my aunt and uncle.  I tried to focus on the positives of everything today instead of dwelling on the fact that Dad should be here and be celebrating with us.  I had built a nice fire to help keep us warm along with plenty of alcohol for all of us.  I figured we all would enjoy some time to unwind.  It was late so it was just us kids from the Marauders -- no dates or extras... it was kind of interesting to see that the Lupins, Blacks, Pettigrew, and Potter were all together again in a different sense of things.  And there were additions of a couple of ladies instead of just four guys up to no good.  I poured myself some firewhiskey and looked out across the frozen lake, just thinking, until the others would show up.  And they had better show up... I think we all needed this with everythign that has happened this year - almost losing Uncle Remus, possibly losing Dad, and finding Uncle James and Aunt Lily.  And, even though he won't admit it, I knew that losing a father as terrible as Peter still weighed on Jetty's mind.  It had to suck.

I heard some movement in the snow and wondered who was the first to arrive.  Because I wasn't going to turn around and make them feel special... we'd all end up throwing snowballs at each other and skating or something anyways... so why be overly nice when I knew the 'war' would begin soon anyways?
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Facing Your Demons -- Christmas Break 1997 Empty Re: Facing Your Demons -- Christmas Break 1997

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:29 pm

I walked out to the lake, chatting with Lenni of course, and I saw Dean already out there.  When he didn't say anything, I rolled my eyes.  "Gee... some host you are... dragging us all out here," I teased as if we didn't do this nearly every year.  By the time this time of night rolled around, we all got sick and tired of our parents' stories and we'd come here and have a party of our own.  I smiled at the look Dean gave me over his shoulder and grabbed myself something to drink.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Facing Your Demons -- Christmas Break 1997 Empty Re: Facing Your Demons -- Christmas Break 1997

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:32 pm

Even though I normally came out here with everyone, I had always felt a little left out.  I wasn't part of this group before, now I am.  I was actually excited about this year... I would probably stay out here the entire time with everyone else for once; normally I left after about a half hour or so.  I knew they always joked around and talked and then I would leave... so I had no idea what to expect tonight.  Dean always talked about skating and snowball fights and stuff... so I was sure that was going to wind up happening tonight.  It was a wonder none of them ever came back to school sick or anything.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:39 am

I laughed as Lucy joked with Dean, I just had to add, " Don't worry Lucy...he's being cool and just anticipating that he won't get off his arse until we end up fighting soon enough." I said as I took a drink and sat down on the other side of the fire. It was always good for us to be able to get away from the stories. I thought they were all fascinating but there is a point were we want to be ourselves and not be daughter of Sirius Black....or Son of Sirius Black. You know our own people. Something that weighed on me though. Why is there always that label. If they want to know us all they have to do is say hello. I shook my head and took a swig.
Elena S. T. Black Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  William J. Lupin Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:26 am

Walking over to the group, " Well at least I'm not the last one here, " I grinned to group as I pulled my sweater over my arms, the last full moon was rough on me. I took a drink and took a seat beside Dean.
William J. Lupin
William J. Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:48 am

I laughed and walked over by the guys.  "He's just hoping he can beat us this year,Lenni... last year we totally kicked their asses," I teased.  It had been guys versus girls since Jetty hadn't stayed and Harry had been at the Weasleys.  So it was just hte four of us... and Lenni and I totally kicked our brothers' butts.  I think they underestimated us extremely last year.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry J. Potter Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:52 am

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late.." I said as I noticed the group was already there. I took my seat across as I looked into the fire. It was nice to get away from things. Especially all this publicity crap that meets up with me. I found myself dying to have relax time. Grinning, " Well, this year they have more help."
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:52 am

I walked up and heard them all laughing and having a good time already. It was nice to see that they were all still able to laugh even with Sirius in St. Mungo's. I ran a hand through my hair and grabbed something to drink. I walked over and sat down with the group by the fire, glad that they had at least thought of that. It seemed like it was ready to become a chilly night. "Oh, I don't think I'd like to be on the receiving end of that look, Lucy," I said, seeing the look Dean was giving to her.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:57 am

I glared at Lucy jokingly, but halfway seriously.  I decided to ignore her and turned to smile at the two guys.  "Hey!  Glad you two were able to get out here," I said, laughing.  "And yeah... Harry will be helping us out.  And I'm thinking of splitting you two ladies up anyways... may as well pin you two against each other," I added.  I was getting excited for the snwoball fight... but I wanted us all to get a little tipsy first.  It made it more fun.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:59 am

" Deano don't pout.." I teased, " Also, keep in mind we'd end up forming an alliance and kicking your butt again." I said as a matter of fact. " You know we will anyway." I said knowingly. It would happen no point in fighting it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:02 am

I sighed and figured she was right.  "Yeah... I don't know if I'd want to get on the bad side of you two or of Jetty.  I think he's a silent deadly weapon.  So I think he better be on our team.  Or us guys can draw straws and see who has to go fight with the ladies to make it an even three on three?" I suggested, figuring we should at least play fair.  Like that would happen... we get playing so dirty with this it was hilairous.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:06 am

I laughed and just took a drink of whatever I had grabbed. I was not going to say a word. I probably was not as much of a silent deadly weapon (as Dean put it) as he thought I was. Though I would probably have a few tricks up my sleeves. I had seen them before at Hogwarts in snowball fights... I guess I did know how each of them reacted to things like that.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:57 am

I finished my drink and looked at everyone else. "Are we ready to get this party started?" I questioned, stretching out a little bit. I think it was time to get the ball rolling. I was excited to beat the girls this year... they had an unfair advantage: none of us wanted to hurt them. But things have changed.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:17 am

I laughed and stood up, finishing my drink.  I was getting all ready to win this thing when all of a sudden everything went dark.  I thought I was still awake... I thought that everyone was still around me... but what was going on?  There were few candles burning wherever we were.  The coldness was gone; it was like we were in some sort of dungeon or something.  I looked around and saw everyone still.  "What just happened?" I asked, instinctively moving a little closer to Will.  I didn't even mean to do it; it just happened.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down