Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You promised me you'd be around....

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

You promised me you'd be around.... - Page 3 Empty Re: You promised me you'd be around....

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:41 am

Grinning, " You know, I don't want him to smile and nod..." I said pointedly. " I want some help with the planning. Did you help Aunt Lily?"
Elena S. T. Black Weasley

Back to top Go down

You promised me you'd be around.... - Page 3 Empty Re: You promised me you'd be around....

Post  James Potter Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:36 am

"Of course I did," I said, grinning and my niece, "by smiling and nodding."  I was sure that she would end up throwing something at me for being a smart aleck -- at least, that's what her mother would do.  "I helped make all the calls and meetings for the caterers and flourists and stuff.  The boring, but necessary, things that your Aunt Lily knew I couldn't mess up.  Well, that she knew of anyways."  I had almost messed up one of the meetings times and with which caterer... I was so glad that I caught that mistake beore Lily had found out.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:01 am

I laughed, " So you did mess something up but you helped. I think George is just smiling and nodding." I said. I want him to help and feel like hes not just sggesting something to get pushed aside. I guess I made him feel like that. " Did you feel like Aunt Lily was pushing your ideas aside? "

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:59 am

I chuckled.  "Yes... I did mess something up but your Aunt Lily never found out and I will give you no more information about that at all," I warned my niece.  I did not need Lily to find out about that now.  I sighed.  "Well... most of them were, but I did get in a few good ones.  But not necessarily about the wedding... more or less about the -- er -- honey moon.  It's just natural for the bride to go crazy with the wedding, not the groom.  I did help keep the peace at her parents house between her and the Dursleys.  I swear I have no idea how they ever got along when they were little..."  I sighed.  I wondered if Petunia even knew or cared that her sister was really alive.  I wanted to ask Lily if she had talked to her... but I was afraid to bring it up if things ended badly.  She would let me know if she wanted to.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:07 am

Laughing, " So you did mess something up, to bad I can't get the details." I said smirking as I got a look from my uncle. " I'm not going to tell I promise." I said putting my hands on my chest. I like to be able to turn to my uncle for advice I don't want to get him into trouble. " So, what you're saying is I should take some of George's ideas but to not totally just shut him out or have him plan caterer or something and the honeymoon?" I asked knowing saying honeymoon and myself in the same sentence I would see my uncle squirm.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:54 am

I eyeballed my niece and shook my head when she mentioned my mistake.  I would not appease any curiosity.  I sighed and looked at Lenni.  It was so not my place to be discussing honeymoon details with her of all people.  She should go to her mother or aunts about that... and even then... "Well, yes, you could always have him plan that... just be prepared of what you may be getting yourself into," I said awkwardly.  I knew the ideas I came up with... that was an excellent time... oh the many things that Lily and I tried.  I smirked a little bit and cleared my throat.  "Er... anyways, it doesn't hurt to ask his opinion, but if you don't like it... let him down easy," I added.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:06 am

I raised my eyebrows, " You know...it's funny when you get uncomfortable.." I said with a smile. Knowing that my uncle was trying his best to help. " I'll let him down easy then." I nodded, " Don't know..."

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:14 am

I ran a hand through my hair.  "I'm so glad I can entertain you," I said, shaking my head.  I popped another cookie in my mouth before realizing she trailed off.  "Don't know what?  Or do I even want to know?"  I was a little afraid of what she would come up with.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:20 am

" How to let him down gently if I don't like the ideas." I said with a smile. Knowing he would be a little relieved, to hear that I would at least lie to his benefit. " Thanks..." I said with a smile as I took a cookie and popped it in my mouth. " How did you feel on the day of?"

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:27 am

I was not sure if she was telling the truth -- she had that same look Ember got when she was hiding something.  But I really did not want to know, so I was not going to pry.  A smile came over my face as I remembered my own wedding day... it seemed liek it was eons ago.  "I was so excited and happy that it terrified me.  I never thought that one person could make me feel the way I felt about your Aunt Lily," I explained, happy to share my feelings from one night that helped me make it through the years Peter had me locked up like a pet.  "Your dad gave shots to go around just to calm any jitters, too.  But I would not have needed it once I saw Lily's face... she was glowing.  She looked so beautiful... I was speechless and she took my breath away."  Both were pretty hard things to do.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:43 am

I smiled as he relived his wedding day. I hoped it would be something like that for George and I. I hoped I made George speechless. I aimed to do that. " I want to make him speechless... " I said to my uncle. I really was my dad's daughter. " Uncle James, I really appreciate it..." I said hoping he knew what I meant.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:56 am

I was snapped out of my reverie when Elena started talking again.  I grinned at her and said, "Lenni, I have copmlete confidence in you that you will make George speechless.  I'm sure it's as hard of a feat as making me speechless, but I know you'll be able to accomplish that."  How I wished that it was Sirius helping her with all of this, but I was glad that I was able to have a relationship with my goddaughter.  I squeezed her shoulder as I moved about the kitchen cleaning up my mess.  "I know, honey.  I'm glad that I was here for you," I told her.  I wished that I could have been there for all the kids the way that Sirius and Remus were able to be there for them.  I was just grateful that I was going to have moments like this with them from here on out.  I would easily be there for them.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:26 am

I grinned, " That is a goal of mine to make everyone speechless...I went with the ladies to find my dress...I love it...I am sure Aunt Lily was a treat for you the other day...we had a lot to drink." I said as I laughed. " we were all really drunk..." I said to him as I ran a hand through my hair.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:54 am

I grinned a little mischeivously.  Oh yes, Lily was a treat.  We had a bit of fun when she had gotten home, actually.  "I know you will leave everyone speechless, Lenni.  And I know everyone will be expecting just that.  But I don't think we need to go into your aunt being a treat, missy," I teased.  I highly doubted she would want to know any of those details just like I did not want to know about the details with George.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:46 am

I rolled my eyes, " No not like that!" I said sticking my tongue out at him. " I didn't mean like that....why would I want to know that?!" I said as I took a cookie and popped it into my mouth. " I hope so...I want to make people unable to talk. Well, I mean I am a tomboy so no one ever really sees me get dolled up to much..." I agreed. I do dress up. Just on my terms, also sadly my brother's and father's terms as well. I can only avoid running around them at the house for so long.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum