Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You promised me you'd be around....

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

You promised me you'd be around.... Empty You promised me you'd be around....

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:15 am

It was close to my wedding, I needed someone to walk me down the aisle. I was having a bit of a toss up between Uncle James and Uncle Remus. I felt like it should be my uncle James, I had to ask him. I had gotten ready to go, " I'll be back!" I said to whoever was here. I had told George that I was thinking Uncle James because Dad.....well we know why.

I had gotten to Uncle James and Aunt Lily's place. Harry was out, probably with Ginny. I knocked once and walked in " Hello?" I asked the house waiting for a response.
Elena S. T. Black Weasley

Back to top Go down

You promised me you'd be around.... Empty Re: You promised me you'd be around....

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:25 am

I heard a little voice in the hallway and I peeked my head through the kitchen door.  I was busted... I was making cookies.  "Hey, Lenni," I said.  I walked to the hallway to give her a hug but then realized that I was covered in flour.  I had a bad habit of wiping my hands on my pants and stuff when they got dirty.  It was quite obvious with the flour.  "I'm guessing we'll skip the hug?  Or do you want to be covered in flour?" I asked her, grinning.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

You promised me you'd be around.... Empty Re: You promised me you'd be around....

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:37 am

I laughed, " I can help with the cookies." I said taking my cloak off. Offering to help him I guess would make it easier to talk to him about what I want to ask him. " So what did Aunt Lily do to get you to make cookies? " I teased. I love my uncle but he should definitely should leave the baking. It was nice he tried though. I could just be jinxing him. I smiled, as I went to work in the kitchen. " So we have a finalized date...I'm not sure if you've got your invitation yet?" I asked him. I needed to get to the point.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:43 am

"Believe it or not, I can bake excellent cookies" I told miss smart aleck.  "I just don't like letting people know... then they'll abuse me to make them a ton."  Then a mischeivous grin spread across my face.  "And I don't think you'd want to know what your Aunt Lily did to make me do many things."  I had to gross the kids out.  I had to catch up on years of not being able to do so.  I started pouring a ton of chocolate chips into the dough.  I smiled at her and nodded towards the fridge.  "Yep, it's hanging front and center," I said.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:51 am

I threw a bit of cookie dough at my uncle, " Yeah, you're right." I said with a grin. " Although, I could tell you what George and I do..." I said returning the favour. I grinned as I looked to where he said our invitation was. Right beside ours was Dean's. " Um...Uncle James.." I said pausing. Might as well ask him now. " I was wondering if you would give me away." I said stopping what I was doing and faced my uncle. It pained me to not have my father with me, but I had my uncle.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:17 am

I nearly dropped the mixer on the floor when she said that.  I turned it off and wiped my hands on my jeans again and looked at her.  I expected her to go to Remus or even Dean.  She was by far closer to them than me.  I smiled at her and said, "It would be an honor."  Definitely not what I expected.  I walked around the island to give her a hug despite the mess that was all over my clothes.  It'd wash out.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:20 am

I mumbled a quick thank you as we hugged. " You're my god father....of course I'd ask you." I said with a teary eyed smile. " Got to say glad to see the chocolate chips in the cookies. I would definitely need chocolate. " Thank you." I said again as we seemed to just continue our baking. As I had tears coming down my cheeks. It meant a lot to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:35 am

I knew how hard this was on the kids.  To be honest, I wasn't sure which would be worse.  Padfoot actually being gone or the fact that he was in the coma.  I knew that when I was trapped I hated the unknown.  And I felt like that was what was going on with Padfoot now... no one knew what was going to happen.  "Lenni... it really means a lot to me, too," I told her quietly.  The fact that they all acted like we had just been on a vacation or something... to let us back into their lives without a doubt or worry.  They made this all that much easier on me and Lily.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:47 am

I smiled, " Good." I said almost at a whisper. I went back to work, I hated crying. It seemed like a weakness to me. I didn't like crying in front of anyone. It hurt to much to have them comfort me. IT seemed like I had nothing to get upset over. " I am glad these have chocolate in them..." I said again. " Aunt Lily always makes sure she has chocolate doesn't she?" I asked him with a small smile. Ignoring my urge to get upset.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:27 am

I cleared my throat slightly and said, "Oh yes... your aunt always makes sure there is plenty of chocolate and ice cream.  And tea... those were our ways of making everything okay," I said, putting some cookies on the cookie sheet to throw in the oven.  "Would you like some tea?"  Why not go back to old ways?  Not that Lenni really knew why we did that... but I wasn't sure any of us even knew why tea was our go-to beverage for calming our nerves and stuff.  It just was.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:05 am

I smiled, " Sure, tea sounds good." I said as I cleaned up the kitchen as the cookies were in the oven and now all we had to do is wait. " So I guess I picked prime time to come over." I said with a smirk. " I know aunt Lily and all the girls are going dress shopping with me. " I told him. " What was it like when dad asked mum to marry him?" I asked him.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:13 am

I started to heat up the water in the kettle.  I turned to look at Lenni.  "For me or for your dad?" I asked.  I could only speculate about Padfoot's feelings of asking me... but I knew all too well what I had felt that night when he asked.  I was so happy for them.  Despite everything I did to not let them get together... they really were a perfect match.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:15 am

I shrugged, " All of it." I said simply duh, you should know this uncle James. I am a girl I love hearing all of these stories. I smiled as I urged him to talk, " Any of it."

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:30 am

The kettle started to whistle and I poured the steaming ater into two cups.  I put a couple of tea bags in them and handed her one.  I let the aroma fill the room  little bit before I even started to continue.  "Your dad said he was more afraid to ask me than to ask your Grandpa Ryan.  Oh, Lenni... you would have loved him.  He was such a great guy.  He passed before any of you were born.  He got to feel Dean kick in your mum's stomach, though," I said, realizing I was diverting away from the original story.  I smiled apologetically and took a sip of tea.  "I had been so tough on your parents when they were first starting to date each other.  I mean my sister with my best mate?  Not going to happen.  But it did and thanks to your Aunt Lily, I left well enough alone.  For the most part."  I sighed and paused.  it was like the memory was playing before my eyes.  "Your dad looked so nervous so I knew something was up.  When he asked me... I naturally said yes that he had my blessing.  But I couldn't help but still be concerned.  It was my baby sister, after all.  I was her protector, not your dad.  I had to relinquish that to him?  How absurd!"  I chuckled remembering all too well the thoughts that had gone through my head.  "The day they got married, well, I walked your mum down the aisle to give her away.  The love that I saw in your dad's eyes when he saw her... any concern I had for them; any fear that I had for Ember getting he heart broken... it all disappeared the moment I saw the look on your dad's face."
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:53 am

I grinned, I loved hearing these stories. They made me forget what was going on for my parents now. IT was nice to know that they were happy once before. Something like this happens and it really changes how you look at things. " So you were tougher than Grandpa?" I asked him, I found it difficult to see that seeing as Uncle James seemed to be fine. " Dean, thankfully gets long with George." I said with a shrug. " When I was dating Seamus...Dean pretty much told him to stop or he would have a life long enemy. " I explained. " I guess it makes sense how you guys can be protective...I'm glad...We still get to see that....just less for the time being."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum