Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You promised me you'd be around....

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

You promised me you'd be around.... - Page 2 Empty Re: You promised me you'd be around....

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:20 am

I laughed.  "Being trapped in a dark, dank hole for sixteen years puts some perspective on things... being overly protective doesn't seem to be an issue now," I teased.  "But yes... back when I was a seventeen year old big brother... and especially with the way your dad and I were with women, I did not want him dating your mum.  It was no wonder Padfoot was more scared of me than your grandpa.  If he wasn't my best mate, I may have done what Dean did with Seamus," I assured my niece.  The timer beeped for the cookies and I pulled them out of the oven, placing them on a cooling rack.  I looked at her.  "Didn't you ever ask your parents about them getting engaged and stuff?  Or did you want a different point of view?"
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

You promised me you'd be around.... - Page 2 Empty Re: You promised me you'd be around....

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:59 pm

I have bothered them with it, " I drive them nuts with how many times I have asked about them getting engaged and her dress....you name I have inquired.." I said with a laugh. " They look delicious." I said looking over at the batch of cookies. Knowing a few of them had my name on them. Once they cooled off of course. " So, your saying Dean did something a typical brother does?"
Elena S. T. Black Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:11 pm

I smiled at Lenni.  "I wouldn't be surprised if he did it more behind your back and you just never realized he had threatened boys who were interested," I told her.  "At least that's what I did with any guy interested in your mum.  They were all scared of me.  It's amazing she ever had a boyfriend before your dad.  Of course they were all hidden from me -- including the summer fling with your Uncle Remus," I added, shaking my head.  I couldn't believe they had kept that a secret.  Of course I had known about it before I went missing... but still.  I just couldn't believe it.  I didn't even want to think about it.  "You should think back to any guy that you thought liked you adn then never acted on it.  I bet Dean had a hand in it.  It's pretty much a brother's job to do that -- especially when he's older."  I really didn't want to wait for teh cookies to cool.  So I grabbed one and bit into it.  Of course it burnt my mouth... but it was so worth it.  Damn, I was a great cookie maker.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:20 pm

I was about to protest, then saw where he was going with it. " Oh that git..." I mumbled. He was going to get an ear full. Thinking he had to protect me from everything. " I got into so many fights I almost lost count. " I said with a grin, " I know it's not the thing to do fight....I just mean I had gotten into so many because I figured I had to stand up for myself. " I explained, I stifled a giggle as Uncle James burned his mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:25 pm

I rolled my eyes.  "You thought you had to stand up for yourself?  You really thought your brother wasn't there for you?" I asked.  Then I remembered Ember saying how they had had issues in teh past.  "Well... I guess I don't know all the details.  But still.  Just remember it's a brother's duty to be a pain in the arse," I told her.  I finished the cookie despite how hot it was.  I eyeballed the rest of them.  Did I want to burn my mouth even more?  This is what I wished I could do for years... to get to know the kids.  To goof off with them; to tell them the ways of the world.  Everything... I was just glad that I had a chance to; better late than never, I suppose.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:30 pm

I raised my eyebrows, " Well, the thing is Dean isn't about to hit girls..... most of the female population of Hogwarts is and was scared of me. I pulled pranks and I fight. I know it's lovely combination. " I went on, " I figured it's a brothers job to be annoying..." I said with a smirk. " It's just irritating it doesn't give us a chance to be us. " I looked at them, " We could just cool them off?" I said with a smirk as I figured we could use a spell.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:38 pm

I nodded, sort of understanding.  "Yeah, I suppose it would be unethical to hit a girl..."  I laughed and added, "Ah yes... your mum did tell me a little about all you got in trouble with.  You are truly your father's daughter."  I meant it in every good way imaginable.  I shrugged.  "That's too easy..." I laughed a little bit and took out my wand, cooling the cookies down just enough that they'd be edible without burning ourselves.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:38 pm

" I'll take that as a compliment..." I said with a smirk, knowing it was meant as good. I mean, I know I can look after myself. I have no problem with telling people where to go. I nodded, " Oh of course why would we want that." I said to my uncle with a laugh that sounded awfully like my fathers. Oh Merlin.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:43 pm

I grinned at Lenni.  "You are a perfect mix ofyour parents," I told her.  "I know... not exactly something a kid likes to hear, but it's true.  They could never deny you as their own."  I saw perfec mixture of Sirius and Ember in her.  She definitely had Em's attitude, that was for sure.  It was remarkable how much I could see of both of them in Elena... it was kind of scary.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:10 pm

I rolled my eyes, " Gee thanks...." I muttered while taking a bite out of the cookie, " Not bad. " I said as I ended up actually liking the cookies. I will call it me helping...which made them turn out well. " that's good to know...come home...is she yours? ....no...you're lying!" I laughed as I played that situation in my head.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:26 pm

I shook my head, laughing.  "You're a dork just like your mum," I said, giving my niece a look.  "And I told you I make fantastic cookies... it's just no one believes me."  I shrugged and took another cookie.  "Leaves them all to me though so I don't complain."
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:11 am

I laughed, " Thanks!" I said taking a cookie and taking a bite. " You know she has told me I act like you and dad a lot...so what does that say about you?" I said laughing. I was glad I was here with my uncle, he seemed to know when I was stressed out. Just comfortable and hanging out.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:30 am

I grinned. "It means that I'm freaking awesome," I joked.  "I mean... if you're like me and your dad... I suppose that means you're freakign awesome too."  I started in on my third cookie.  I loved sweets, what could I say?  "And aren't these delicious? I told you I coudl bake."
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena S. T. Black Weasley Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:18 am

Laughing, " I guess I should take it as a compliment.." I took another cookie. " One out of ten isn't bad.." I said teasingly. I grinned, " Uncle James when planning your wedding how nerve racking was it? Is it normal to want to go over plans over and over again. I am pretty sure I am driving George insane. " I went on. " I mean, it's hard for me to shut up. "

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:29 am

I laughed. "well, your aunt and mom talked a lot. Trust me, George will smile and nod until the wedding day. Its what I did," I said to Elena. Normally I had a small drink to. I sighed. "its definitely normal. But don't worry about George...he'll be fine."
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum