Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you creat. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice -- Fall 1993

+4
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy
Vincent Crabbe
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Remus Lupin
8 posters

Go down

Fear is not real.  It is the product of thoughts you creat.  Danger is very real, but fear is a choice -- Fall 1993 Empty Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you creat. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice -- Fall 1993

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:25 am

I had planned an excellent lesson for my students, however, I wanted to do each lesson at least in the individual Houses -- even though classes were not necessarily scheduled that way.  I just wanted to try to limit the abuse of fears my students had as we were going to be facing the notorious boggart.  I had a love/hate relationship with boggarts, but I digress.

My Slytherins were just walking into the room and I was standing at the front.  "You can all keep your bags in the room if you'd like, but I will like you all to grab your wands.  We are going on a bit of a field trip to face a boggart.  Mr. Filch has let me know there is one in the castle," I said to them happily.  "I do hope you all have done the reading.  Before we head out... will someone please remind me what spell is used to fend off boggarts?"  I looked around the room at my students.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Fear is not real.  It is the product of thoughts you creat.  Danger is very real, but fear is a choice -- Fall 1993 Empty Re: Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you creat. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice -- Fall 1993

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:53 pm

Draco and I walked into Professor Lupins classroom together with the other Slytherin third years. When he told us we would be facing a boggart, I got worried about what it would become but I followed the rest of my classmates and placed my bag on the ground before grabbing my wand.

When he asked about the spell to fend off boggarts, I raised my hand and waited to be called on. "You use the Boggart-Banishing Spell, Riddikulus." I answered easily. Not only had I done the reading, I had read ahead over the summer as well. Lincoln had let me borrow his books and we had actually talked a bit about boggarts since he had this same lesson last year.

<<just let me know if you want me to change/delete/edit anything like June answering the question or anything! Can't wait to see where this goes!>>
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Fear is not real.  It is the product of thoughts you creat.  Danger is very real, but fear is a choice -- Fall 1993 Empty Re: Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you creat. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice -- Fall 1993

Post  Vincent Crabbe Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:50 pm

<< June is fine!  I'm happy she was able to answer!! >>

I hated Lupin's classes.  He was just a filthy, scrubby professor.  His kids were not much better.  He was always off color and ill looking.  I was hoping that it was nothing that could be passed on; I did not want to deal with anything he could pass on.  I could not believe his kids were halfway normal looking with the way he was.  

I did not even hear his question until Juniper answered it.  I wanted to learn mor eabout the dark arts, not defending against it.  It was a good thing my parents were teaching me more at home than what I learned at school.
Vincent Crabbe
Vincent Crabbe

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson Malfoy Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:19 am

Millie and I were paying attention... mostly.  I kept sneaking sideways glances towards Draco, wondering what his boggart would be.  If he would even go up and go against it.  When Juniper answered, I smiled.  I enjoyed when she got things correct; I knew how it had to be in the shadow of her brother.
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:10 pm

I smiled a bit when Juniper answered.  "Very good, Juniper," I said to her, "five points." I always rewarded students with House points when answering spot on like that.  "There is something else that needs to go with the spell, however.  Can anyone tell me what that is?"  I looked around expectantly.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:12 pm

I spoke up this time.  "You need to imagine a way to make whatever you fear... humorous.  Take the fear out of it, the boggart gets confused -- especially in a group this large," I stated, my voice almost sounding bored.  In all honesty, Lupin's classes were interesting, I was just supposed to be like this.  So I was.  Simple as that.  The fact that I answered before anyone else showed that I actually did my schoolwork.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Millicent Bulstrode Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:39 pm

I resisted rolling my eyes at Pansy's look that she gave Malfoy.  She doted on him so badly.  It was ridiculous.
Millicent Bulstrode
Millicent Bulstrode

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:15 pm

I was actually surprised that either one of the Malfoys answered.  I was not, however, surprised by the tone with which Draco answered.  I could tell that the class was intrigued but guarded because no one wanted to admit they liked Lupin.  He had been our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher since we started at Hogwarts... but everyone knew there was something about him that was off.  I, of course, knew the truth after hearing it from my dad and whatnot.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:23 am

"Very good," I said to Draco," take another five points to Slytherin."  I looked at the group in front of me.  "I'd like you all to stand in a row.  So then that way we can have as many of you take a turn before the boggart gets confused and defeated."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent Crabbe Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:57 pm

I looked at Malfoy and groaned.  "This is going to be a joke," I muttered.
Vincent Crabbe
Vincent Crabbe

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson Malfoy Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:04 pm

Most of us fell in line easily enough, though there was plenty of groaning at the same time.  Pettigrew was first in line, then Zabini, then Goyle, Crabbe, Draco, Juniper, Millie, and then myself.  I was surprised that Pettigrew got straight up in the front, but I had a feeling that the others pushed him there
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:25 pm

The wardrobe started to rattle again and I looked at Jetty.  "Alright, before I let the Boggart out," I said to the class, "I want you to speak the spell aloud:  Riddiculus."  I waited until they repeated it a couple of times.  "Excellent... just make sure that you enunciate to ensure accuracy of the spell."  

I looked at Jetty.  "First thing first: picture what frightens you the most.  Second:  Imagine it becoming humorous... An example being if you are frightened of wolves, imagine it going from chomping its jaws at you to turning into a cute, fluffy puppy."  I wanted to give them an example so they could figure out how best to fight their own fears.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent Crabbe Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 am

I was ready to memorize the others' fears to be able to use it against them. The dumb professor was making this far too easy for me.
Vincent Crabbe
Vincent Crabbe

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaise Zabini Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:52 am

I had gotten pushed near the front of the line. I cared not, honestly, because I found this a bit interesting. I just was not entirely sure what my boggart would be. What was my truest fear? I could imagine it turning into the one of my Housemates honestly, but I doubted that it would use a fear so superficial. I tried to give Pettigrew a reassuring smile because he has stood up for me in the past and he was alright.
Blaise Zabini
Blaise Zabini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down