Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real life shyness combats with occupational hazards-2019-2020?

2 posters

Go down

Real life shyness combats with occupational hazards-2019-2020? Empty Real life shyness combats with occupational hazards-2019-2020?

Post  Juliet Finnegan Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Well it was holidays and we were at the Haven now. Something I have been noticing is more boys in my class paying attention. It was strange, usually by statistics I lose a lot of students by exam time just due to looking around the room or trying spells they shouldn't. Before we left for holidays I had to send a boy to Mac at the hospital wing to get him help from Madam Pomfrey if need be. His girlfriend got mad at him for something he said. When I tried to get her to talk to me about it, the response I got was it was my fault. I didn't know what to do or what I have done to make my students listen and hate me at the same time. I suppose I would ask Dean. I found him in the bedroom, " Hi honey..." I said as I walked slowly into the bedroom as I didn't really know what to ask him or if the guys would know anything about the student body and myself. " I wanted to ask you something.." Walking over to the bed post as I started to trace it.
Juliet Finnegan
Juliet Finnegan

Back to top Go down

Real life shyness combats with occupational hazards-2019-2020? Empty Re: Real life shyness combats with occupational hazards-2019-2020?

Post  Dean Black Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:11 am

I was just getting up after having gotten a few hours of sleep - I had always worked third shift at the Auror office.  I stretched and stood up.  I smiled, still a bit groggy, at Juliet and gave her a kiss when she said hello to me.  "What's going on?" I questioned. 

I ran a hand through my hair -- it stuck all over the place from having been in bed -- and sort of limped towards the dresser to get some clothes.  Wearing just pajama pants in the dead of winter was probably not the wisest of ideas.  And when I say limped, i mean limped.  It had been two years since my surgery to get me back my legs, but it was still a work in progress -- especially in the colder months.  I could still feel the injury that had practically paralyzed me so many years ago.  I had no idea why Jules put up with me... I felt like an old man half the time anymore.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Real life shyness combats with occupational hazards-2019-2020? Empty Re: Real life shyness combats with occupational hazards-2019-2020?

Post  Juliet Finnegan Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:47 am

I didn't know where to start really. " well.... Girls in my class always seem to aggravated and the boys in my class seem to give me there undivided attention..." I said as it seemed awkward to me. " I had to give a girl detention on the last day before holidays...."
Juliet Finnegan
Juliet Finnegan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:22 am

I leaned against the dresser, facing Juliet, with a smirk on my face.  Unfortunately, during my school years, there were no fancying of the female professors.  But Uncle Moony... well, he had the schoolgirls chasing after him and he had no idea why -- and I remembered overhearing Mum and Aunt Chloe laughing about it.  And Juliet was reminding me of him -- which sort of made my throat go tight and my eyes burned.  It had only been a couple of years... him and Aunt Chloe and Will... well, they still got to me.

I cleared my throat and kept my smirk on my face.  "Honey, isn't it obvious?" I asked her, trying really hard not to laugh.  In all honesty, I had overheard Tommy and Ryan saying things about Juliet during their first few years at Hogwarts... Professor Finn being all awesome and tearing the mickey out of each other for fancying a professor.  "Well, clearly it's not or you wouldn't be asking," I added, shaking my head. 

I pushed off the dresser and went to her and put my hands on her shoulders.  I was rather proud of myself that I was not cracking up.  She was really upset about this and confused, I wanted to give her no reason to turn on me.  "You see... you're the youngest professor there at the school now," I explained, knowing that it used to be Neville and Hermione, "and, if you ask me, you are a fantastically sexy little thing to look at.  So, with all that in mind, the female kids are all jealous because the boys just aren't looking at them."

<< Sorry, Dean got really wordy... apparently I've been neglecting him! >>
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Juliet Finnegan Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:14 am

I was not enjoying the look I was getting from him. " I'm serious...and no it's not obvious..." I was not happy, making me feel like an idiot asking him about this. Then it hit me like a wall, I smirked. " So the male students are listening to me because I am pretty...and girls hate me...." I nodded slowly. Giving Dean a little shove, " Thanks for that..." So what was I going to do with that?" I asked him. Do I not dress professional. I don't know what to do with that information.
Juliet Finnegan
Juliet Finnegan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:24 am

I chuckled when she shoved me and smiled as innocently as I could -- which, let's face it, was not very much -- and said, "I do what I can."  When she asked me what to do, I honestly had no idea.  With as straight of a face as I could (which meant the corners of my mouth were twitching), I answered:  "You could always ask Ryan."  We both knew that would be an interesting conversation -- though he has gotten a lot better with Juliet, it was still rough at times.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Juliet Finnegan Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:36 am

I narrowed my eyes at him, " funny guy..." I said as I was so confused. More annoyed with dean then anything. I did not understand how I was now the thing boys stared at. " I will just ........" I didn't know where I was going with this.
Juliet Finnegan
Juliet Finnegan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:19 am

I went up behind Juliet and wrapped my arms around her, resting my chin on her shoulder.  "You can't stop kids from being jealous teenagers," I said to her kindly.  I kissed her cheek.  "The girls were always the ones Uncle Remus had to put in detention, though -- the ones crushing on him, anyways.  He started to have fun with it.  But if it's the girls you have to put into detention... even though they're not the ones fancying you, well, I'm not sure."  I kissed her cheek and moved back slightly and rubbed her shoulders.

"In all honesty, though, you really could talk to the kids.  Maybe not Ryan because Merlin knows he has his bipolar days," I said to her, my voice hardening because of my son's attitude half the time.  "But Stan or Dona -- hell, even Tommy -- might be willing to help out."  Tommy was not my kid, but I sure as hell thought he was since he has lived with us for the last few years anyways.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down